Clips from U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
On the official site you can see 30 seconds of U2 performing Vertigo in HQ(same as the one from Top of the Pops) and 30 seconds of U2 in Portugal, with Jacknife Lee's remix of Vertigo playing behind. And, some images from the video shooting in Spain. So, check it out: www.u2.com
I don't like that Jacknife Lee remix, though.

I love Vertigo, I love the video from the studio, but
I was disapointed with that remix. :(
Sorry guys, but I really don't like remixes...
And this one? :tsk:

I'm with ya there, riderka. The whole dancy thing just isn't my scene. I love Anton though -video looks kinda interesting...

Edge and the boombox :up: :cute:

I'm not sure if I like the remix yet. I'd have to listen to the whole thing.

This isn't the big production video they filmed in Spain with the bullseye is it? :confused:

I wonder...if they posted now a 30-second clip of Vertigo, maybe they will post 30-second clips of other songs from HTDAAB, like they did with ATYCLB. I very much hope so.

Edgette said:

This isn't the big production video they filmed in Spain with the bullseye is it? :confused:

I hope it's not. It would be really bad if it is that video.

djerdap said:
I wonder...if they posted now a 30-second clip of Vertigo, maybe they will post 30-second clips of other songs from HTDAAB, like they did with ATYCLB. I very much hope so.

I hope so too! I still have those clips from ATYCLB on my hard drive.

I'm definetely going in some direction most of you are not...
I'm not crazy about Vertigo but...

I think this remix RULES!

I'm sure i'll like it much more than the regular Vertigo version...

" (Phew! Time for a lie down!) "

i think the U2.com staff are being ironic here, as well as when they said that the site has taken a well earned break... :rolleyes: :D

These pictures could not be any smaller. :|

gallery03.jpg
gallery02.jpg

well, when an image is so hard to work with, we get creative with it's applications. If you squint your eyes....

edge4.gif

Maybe someone will make an avatar out of this :wink:

Last edited:
remix is kicking, I definetly like it. The pics are very small, but it is u2.com, well take what we can get :wink:

Eh...not much for the remix, and me being a techno, big beat, dance music fan, I should have a taste for the stuff.

Why not go for The Chemical Brothers or something U2? Why the cheesy remixes?

I absolutely LOVE the dancy thing and remixes.
I also like videos like the remixed one rather than plain studio versions.

Well the HQ video on U2.com answers some of my questions, but I don't like the answers....

1. The "live at HQ" version is the same as the one on TOTP

2. Hence, the TOTP version was NOT recorded by TOTP as they claimed during the broadcast

3. The "live at HQ" version should be, in fact, renamed to "mimed at HQ".

I was kinda hoping that we were gonna get a REAL live version of the song on the DVD :(

The little clips from u2.com are frustrating but I like the remix!

I think I will like vertigo in many forms (and the idea of many forms of vertigo)..
I'm still finding Vertigo to be giddiness inducing:hyper:

The TOTP video from 24 Sept is the SAME as "live at HQ" which is currently featured on U2.com and will also be on the DVD single and the bonus DVD with the album.

Another video is currently being featured on U2.com. This is the "Jacknife Lee 10" version".

A third video - the "official" promo video will be released to TV shows etc next week (I understand).

Then, on 15 October TOTP will show a "live" version of the song, performed in the TOTP studio.

Clear?

The "Jacknife Lee" remix video on U2.com stops after about 20 seconds of music, just as the vocals are about to kick in (Bono sings the first line as it fades to silence).

I think the U2 management got onto the BBC about their claim to have filmed the footage of Vertigo in studio for TOTP cos when the programme was repeated on BBC Prime the BBC had re-filmed the intro to the song and the presenter did not claim that BBC had filmed it!

I get only the sound and no visual with these clips... :rant:
Anbybody knows what the problem could be...(normally no problems with these kinda stuff and fast pc)

Sicy said:
I absolutely LOVE the dancy thing and remixes.
I also like videos like the remixed one rather than plain studio versions.

I agree with you and love how the music goes with the Boys just walkin around and pretty well doing nothing.

riderka said:
I was disapointed with that remix. :(
Sorry guys, but I really don't like remixes...
And this one? :tsk:

Same here. I can probably count on one hand the amount of remixes that I even remotely like. I wish U2 would stick to raw songs. If I wanted remixes, I'd go and become a techno fan.

I have a new years day remix on the 12 inch vinyl single which is AWESOME. Totally different words and beginning with piano only. :drool:

Some remixes are OK:)

brownda7 said:
I have a new years day remix on the 12 inch vinyl single which is AWESOME. Totally different words and beginning with piano only. :drool:

Some remixes are OK:)

oowww, yes, I have that one. Brilliant!

stone cold blah blah.

I really need to get my record player fixed to I can hear that again....

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!! I have heaps of U2 on vinyl which I play all the time and a 25 yr old pioneer steroe with speakers 1 metre high which I can only put the amp up to 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Above 3 and the floor and walls shake seriously!

Vinyl rocks!

Back
Top Bottom