Christmas Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine are written, I'm just waiting for them to be delivered to me so I can mail them out. :reject:

Promise they'll be on their way soon!!

You're supposed to send out cards?

Ok, seriously, I'm 24. I should learn this. What is the rule, should this start happening when I am older and have a wife/family? Should I do this now with a picture of me and my fish? :) Just kidding. But what is the rule on this idea? When does it begin??? Your thoughts will be much appreciated.
Philk

I haven't sent out Christmas cards in several years. My close family is damn lucky to get them this year. I used to do a popular letter and all that. Now I'm just too lazy, too busy, and too anti-social to even bother.

I am a loser. :reject:

I'm actually gonna send a few off this year. Not all that many, but a few. I'm just waiting for them to be printed...yeah, yeah, that's my excuse. :yes: :uhoh:

I ordered mine today and then realized after my computer melt down earlier this year I have no one's address!!! To make matters worse I got married last New Years and this card is going to be a fun pic/thank you deal...crap!!!

Got Philk? said:

Ok, seriously, I'm 24. I should learn this. What is the rule, should this start happening when I am older and have a wife/family? Should I do this now with a picture of me and my fish? :) Just kidding. But what is the rule on this idea? When does it begin??? Your thoughts will be much appreciated.
Philk

Whenever you have enough people to send them to, and who'd appreciate them!

I'm 23 and I send them out--well, sort of. I give them to my professors. They are so thrilled to get a card from a student. My next-door office friend says I'm the only one who ever gives him a card.

When I leave school, I'll have like 3 people to send them to, so I probably won't. :huh:

fah said:
I haven't started writing them yet.

:help:

ha! i already sent my cards and i am the master procrastinator!

but you may already know that i sent them :hmm:

Got Philk? said:

Philk

My family told me that everyone understands that the single guy is probably not going to do Christmas cards. Since my mid 20's I've probably sent them out once every two years. I probably did my first set at about your age. At that point, I finally had something interesting to report (or so I thought :D ) and more and more of my friends and family lived in a different state than I did.

I have no idea what the rule is, but I can say that I most appreciate the cards and pictures from people that are furthest from me and that is the folks that I most want to make sure don't fall off the radar. Christmas cards are a yearly reminder that you still think of those folks.

Sometimes they can be a hassle, sometimes they are a lot of fun. Of course, I love receiving them, so it behooves me to send them.

Still waiting to stuff the envelopes.

We send out about 80 each year - friends, family, teachers, coaches - it makes you think about the people who've touched your life over the year.

I started sending them the first Christmas after we got married (since I had everybody's addresses in one place for the first time).

Our little tradition is that we assemble, address and stamp them together the weekend after Thanksgiving, so they can be mailed the first week of December. We send out just under 300 :reject: so reality is if we don't get them done that weekend they won't get done at all once we roll into December with everything that goes on in those four short weeks...

Back
Top Bottom