Choose your least favorite tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2's Worst Tour

• Vertigo Tour

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • Elevation Tour

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • Popmart Tour

Votes: 76 41.5%
  • ZooTV Tour

Votes: 19 10.4%

• Total voters
WildHoneyAlways said:

It was a general admmission lawn seat but really, no matter where you were it was a great show.

That sounds like Ames, Iowa -- don't recall the exact date, but it sure has to be close for those of us there that night.

BTW -- I spent $11 for my first ticket - Boulder, Colorado 1983 night after Red Rocks -- compared to my recent eBay winning bid of over $250 each for Minneapolis next month.

I am rather surprised PopMart is not "winning" this poll -- it was fun, but not near as good as the other three -- alas, to each their own.

I'm not voting cuz I don't know :sad: this is like deciding which of my kids should die. except not really cuz i don't have any kids.

U2 tours are better than anything else anyway.

AtomicBono said:
I'm not voting cuz I don't know :sad: this is like deciding which of my kids should die. except not really cuz i don't have any kids.

U2 tours are better than anything else anyway.

VOTE DAMNIT :mad:

AtomicBono said:
I'm not voting cuz I don't know :sad: this is like deciding which of my kids should die.

I hear what you are saying. :yes:

Looking at it like this makes it much easier. My eldest kiddies ZooTV and PopMart payed their dad a visit while their younger sibling Elevation, the typical youngest child that it is decided he was too good for his home... and as such I chose for him to be terminated.

It's too early to tell with Vertgio, just a baby. :yes:

I voted for elevation, but only on the grounds that it wasn't quite the spectacle as the others - :crazy:

Even tho I have been to all but ZooTV, I had to go for Elevation.

I probably should've gone for Popmart, seeing as I hardly recall any of it, but I love the Mexico vid and other bootleg dvd's from the tour.

ZooTV I just adore, and the gig in Cardiff on this tour was the best gig of my life, so I couldnt say this tour either.

I choose Vertigo... Though Amsterdam 3 of this tour was maybe the best I've seen so far, the tour itself isn't very special really...

Zoo-TV was groundbraking...
Popmart was breathtaking...
Elevation was heartwarming...
Vertigo is... not very special...

In addition : You probably can judge a tour best by how much you remember it... I can't éver get Zoo-TV out of my head.. The best live show ever! Popmart was just huge... Still the largest screen ever!... The intimicy of Elevation (arena's for the first time in 10 years)... What to remember about Vertigo?

Last edited:
Neilz said:
I choose Vertigo... Though Amsterdam 3 of this tour was maybe the best I've seen so far, the tour itself isn't very special really...

Zoo-TV was groundbraking...
Popmart was breathtaking...
Elevation was heartwarming...
Vertigo is... not very special...

In addition : You probably can judge a tour best by how much you remember it... I can't éver get Zoo-TV out of my head.. The best live show ever! Popmart was just huge... Still the largest screen ever!... The intimicy of Elevation (arena's for the first time in 10 years)... What to remember about Vertigo?
bringing back electric co zoo station, and miss sarajevo perhaps? the return to the "angry" U2 and not the lovey dovey "oo we just want to love you" elevation tour

and the return to the large stadium stage

KUEFC09U2 said:
bringing back electric co zoo station, and miss sarajevo perhaps? the return to the "angry" U2 and not the lovey dovey "oo we just want to love you" elevation tour

and the return to the large stadium stage
But with Popmart they returned Sunday Bloody Sunday and I Will Follow... With Elevation they returned to the small arena stage and returned Out Of Control and The Fly...

See, I was not talking about the setlists... Just the total feeling of the tour! I mentioned that Amsterdam 3 of this tour was the best U2 gig I've been to, but not the best tour...

KUEFC09U2 said:
and not the lovey dovey "oo we just want to love you" elevation tour

KUEF is too negative for me :tsk:

Elevation > Vertigo > Zoo > Popmart

:rockon:

Last edited:
U2Man said:

KUEF is too negative for me :tsk:

Elevation > Vertigo > Zoo > Popmart

:rockon:
am not negative at all, i loved and still love the elevation tour, but for me this is back to them being U2, and not all "ohhh we love you please love us", this is the darker and more humourus side to the band we are seeing, which in fairness we didnt get during elevation, i always got the feeling during that tour bono was low on confidence

To me Vertigo is an improvement of Elevation. I really liked the Elevation Tour but i think musically, as a liveband, they are much better now. Bono seems to be in a better shape, physically and vocally, than he did 4 years ago. At least thats my impression. Its been a while since U2 shows lasted almost 2,5 hours. The shows i have been to never lasted longer than 2 hours (Zooropa 93, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo), while Vertigo shows i have been to all were longer than 2 hours. The band seems to be in good form too. I really like the fact the show starts with pure rock & roll without all the light effects, with Electric Co being the highlight for me, and then turns into a bigger production, more like the shows from the 90's.

Its hard to choose the "worst" tour, but i go for Popmart.

patrickU217 said:
To me Vertigo is an improvement of Elevation. I really liked the Elevation Tour but i think musically, as a liveband, they are much better now. Bono seems to be in a better shape, physically and vocally, than he did 4 years ago. At least thats my impression. Its been a while since U2 shows lasted almost 2,5 hours. The shows i have been to never lasted longer than 2 hours (Zooropa 93, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo), while Vertigo shows i have been to all were longer than 2 hours. The band seems to be in good form too. I really like the fact the show starts with pure rock & roll without all the light effects, with Electric Co being the highlight for me, and then turns into a bigger production, more like the shows from the 90's. Its hard to choose the "worst" tour, but i go for Popmart.
They only played (some) 2.5 hour shows in the European leg of the Vertigo tour... And IMO; they only do this as a sort of compensation for the US leg... In Europe they play for 3 times as much people as in the States per show... They wan't to give some more I guess...

In other words.. I doubt if they'de play 2.5 hours every night if they would have done a stadium-only tour...

Last edited:
Neilz said:

They only played (some) 2.5 hour shows in the European leg of the Vertigo tour... And IMO; they only do this as a sort of compensation for the US leg... In Europe they play for 3 times as much people as in the States per show... They wan't to give some more I guess...

In other words.. I doubt if they'de play 2.5 hours every night if they would have done a stadium-only tour...
2 hourse 15 i clocked it at in manchester

Vertigo is one of their best tour ever.

ZOOTV was a greater spectacle, but honestly, I find the performance and setlists from this tour so incredibly great.

I mean, watching ZOOTV and Popmart is great, but eventually Elevation and Vertigo shows must've been a better experience.

If anything ever tops the shows I saw this summer...

I voted Vertigo. I've seen three Euro shows and the spontaneus feel of Elevation has evaporated completely, also the humor and taking the piss at their own rockstar image of Zoo TV and Popmart has completely gone. Instead they are back in full holier then thou mode with Bono endlessly preaching. I fear this could generate a backlash again, like at the end of the 80's. The world doesn't like saints, they remind us of our own inadequacies, its no coincidence they all end badly.

Muad'zin said:
I voted Vertigo. I've seen three Euro shows and the spontaneus feel of Elevation has evaporated completely, also the humor and taking the piss at their own rockstar image of Zoo TV and Popmart has completely gone. Instead they are back in full holier then thou mode with Bono endlessly preaching. I fear this could generate a backlash again, like at the end of the 80's. The world doesn't like saints, they remind us of our own inadequacies, its no coincidence they all end badly.
They will have to dream it all up again :drool:

Muad'zin said:

:hmm: Haven't thought about them being back in holier than thou mode....but I have to agree. Where did their irony go?

Neilz said:

There may have been only a couple of 2,5 hour shows, thats true, but most European shows are longer than 2 hours, which has been the case rarely with the other tours mentioned here. Just look at the setlist, where 24-26 songs is no exception, while Elevation often had a maximum of 22 songs.

And why would they compensate the US leg in Europe? This makes no sense at all. What is there to compensate, the US leg was great IMO. Of course they want to give some more when playing stadiums of 50.000 people, but i think they give more now than during Popmart, when they also played stadiums.

I'm ineligible to vote in this since I've yet to see the Vertigo tour (woe :( ) but I will say that I've enjoyed each and every U2 show I've been to on the same level and I expect to have the same level of enjoyment for any future shows I see.

I really dont understand this whole U2 is "angrier" thing. What part of the show is U2 angry? Yeah they have the "war set" this tour, but they played SBS and Bullet last tour as well, and they had Please, SBS, and Bullet for the Popmart tour.

They are preachier this tour, I don't really see angrier though.

Chizip said:
I really dont understand this whole U2 is "angrier" thing. What part of the show is U2 angry? Yeah they have the "war set" this tour, but they played SBS and Bullet last tour as well, and they had Please, SBS, and Bullet for the Popmart tour.

They are preachier this tour, I don't really see angrier though.

Chizip is angrier than ever on this tour...:hmm:

If anything, post 9-11 Elevation tour was the angriest theyve been. Very intense versions of SBS, New York, Bullet, Please, and What Going On. It's like they spent most of the show letting people get their anger out, and at the very end was the time to heal and it became a love fest with One and Walk On being played.

Back
Top Bottom