Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You whippersnappers! :fist: /old

God, even I knew who Heavy D was. He did "Mr Big Stuff", The In Living Color theme, the MADtv theme, and a very strange cover of Islands In The Stream.

No. Wait. That last one was PM Dawn. Don't know how I got those confused :huh:

I have no idea what any of that is.

#youngishandnotamerican

Yeah I'd never heard of him. The Chaser's sick. Plus, Politics with Cats. Ft Graham Richardson. How can you go wrong?

Politics With Cats is possibly the best thing on Australian TV right now. That or Media Watch or Gruen Planet, anyway.

Or NINJA WARRIOR!

Hey Danny, you seen that they've downsized the BDO in Perth, Adelaide, and Auckland - and cut Kanye from those three as a consequence?

Do they actually want to kill off the festival in those cities or something?

I'm not into Kanye and wasn't planning on going anyway, but that doesn't matter, this is pretty fucking appalling. They'd already announced him for fuck's sake. I know a few people who want to burn their tickets now.

With so many better national festivals popping up these days, BDO needs to lift their fucking game and not do bullshit like this. Disgusting.

BDO's fucked I reckon. Its reputation has slipped with many other festivals getting better acts.

Luckily you can get a full refund. Absolute joke.

POLITICS WITH CATS TIME :heart:

I'm not into Kanye and wasn't planning on going anyway, but that doesn't matter, this is pretty fucking appalling. They'd already announced him for fuck's sake. I know a few people who want to burn their tickets now.

With so many better national festivals popping up these days, BDO needs to lift their fucking game and not do bullshit like this. Disgusting.

I won't be surprised if they're aiming to simply reduce the festival to the east coast within the next couple of years. This is your classic case of artificially lowering demand so that you can say "nah, look, it's clearly tanking, we need to cancel the Perth/Adelaide/Auckland leg so the rest stays viable". I mean, fuck, the lineup this year is so mediocre that most people seem to only be going for Kanye anyway, or if not for him, Soundgarden. Cutting your single biggest draw is complete madness. Unless you're aiming to say next year "sales for the 2012 BDO outside the east coast were really weak, lol soz no more".

POLITICS WITH CATS TIME :heart:

Loved the weather report segment, and the Foreign Correspondent Russian Roulette bit with their fake Russian.

I've joined RYM, couldn't be bothered waiting for the weekend.

:up:

Soon you'll have thousands of ratings like me and LM. :wink:

:up:

Soon you'll have thousands of ratings like me and LM. :wink:

I'm rating the shit out of the things right now, who would've thought clicking on stars would be so fun.

(OK Computer the highest rating album, interesting, not at all surprising but yay for Ax's low rating :D)

Yeah, I'm really excited this is a big, big thing for me. Plus I can get a job as a grad assistant now or something similar, so guess where I don't NEED to work anymore (though I may continue to work there).

Well we had grand plans and I'm pretty pissed off because I'm not really supposed to be organising it and the groomsmen its fallen on have done shit all.

[...]

That since has fallen through, and it looks like we are just hanging in shepp. I might pop in the PopMart DVD into dads cinema room and turn the volume up to 12 :laugh:

That is the best buck's night plan I've ever heard of. :up:

My housemates are going away on the 20th so I'm looking fwd to having a fortnight of watching whatever I want on their massive TV with fully sick subwoofer thing. :drool:

I heard that on Triple J the other day... right after they made a second line-up announcement that sounded worse than the first one (Noel Gallagher? Wow.) Well, they played a song in between those announcements, to try to soften the blow or something, I dunno. Makes absolutely no sense except deliberate sabotage. It'd be different if Kanye had pulled out first and THEN they down-sized... But down-sizing AND pulling the headliner? Madness.

How long ago did the BDO spread beyond Sydney/Melbourne? Can't remember where it started, but it seemed like it wasn't that long ago it expanded beyond the east coast. (If you can technically say Melbourne is on the east coast... /pedant)

it's gettin late in here
sorry sir, there's no skatin here
and so we kick, push
kick, push
kick, push
kick, push...

I got SO sick of that song while Triple J was fapping over it. Never really recovered. (See: Hey Ya)

I'm listening to Snow Patrol's Mysterious Ways cover for the first time.

Related: I'm in the middle of a laughing fit.

I have that cover album on my mp3 player somewhere, I should have a listen for lolz.

Yeah, I'm really excited this is a big, big thing for me. Plus I can get a job as a grad assistant now or something similar, so guess where I don't NEED to work anymore (though I may continue to work there).

I haven't seen your other post yet, but sounds like good news. Hooray! :)

Bleh. Way too much shit going on at once. If I stop too long to think about any of it it'll all come apart. Can it be 2012 now?

Also, much approval for the thread title. I saw this town's name out of a train window when I was in the UK in 2007 and nearly cracked up. :up:

Alisaura said:
I got SO sick of that song while Triple J was fapping over it. Never really recovered. (See: Hey Ya)

I only heard it for the first time last week :lol: I love it! I really can't stand triple j. That doctor dude is such a fucking ass.

I heard that on Triple J the other day... right after they made a second line-up announcement that sounded worse than the first one (Noel Gallagher? Wow.) Well, they played a song in between those announcements, to try to soften the blow or something, I dunno. Makes absolutely no sense except deliberate sabotage. It'd be different if Kanye had pulled out first and THEN they down-sized... But down-sizing AND pulling the headliner? Madness.

How long ago did the BDO spread beyond Sydney/Melbourne? Can't remember where it started, but it seemed like it wasn't that long ago it expanded beyond the east coast. (If you can technically say Melbourne is on the east coast... /pedant)

I have that cover album on my mp3 player somewhere, I should have a listen for lolz.

The first show was Sydney only, then it extended to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth the next year. So there's nothing you can say about going back to their roots, unless you sabotaged all shows except for the Sydney one.

And yes, definitely listen to it. Just make sure you're not drinking something spittable at the time.

I haven't seen your other post yet, but sounds like good news. Hooray! :)

Bleh. Way too much shit going on at once. If I stop too long to think about any of it it'll all come apart. Can it be 2012 now?

:lol:, well I think it's pretty good news anyways :D!

What's wrong? :slant:

Congrats, Ashley! Hope it all goes splendid for you.

Thank you, miss! Just trying to get everything together now. This feels WAY easier than it was when I was applying to undergraduate programs.

Perhaps because when I was an undergrad I couldn't just waltz into TCU's office and be all like, "sup? So I think I want to go to school here." and have them talk me through everything.

I only heard it for the first time last week :lol: I love it! I really can't stand triple j. That doctor dude is such a fucking ass.

I really only listen to it for an hour or so in the mornings, since I have the radio as an alarm. I can't stand commercial breakfast radio, and Classic FM puts me back to sleep, so my options are kinda limited. Tom and Alex still annoy the crap out of me (not as much as bloody Sam Simmons), but I think they've improved a little bit over the last couple of years.

Maybe I should change to the beeping alarm...

The Doctor (I think the BBC should sue him for using that name, btw) didn't annoy me so much when he had Jay and Myf co-hosting in the mornings. I barely ever tune in when he's on air now.

Mind you, if it wasn't for the Triple J news at 7am, I wouldn't have the faintest idea of what was going on in the world.

The first show was Sydney only, then it extended to Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth the next year. So there's nothing you can say about going back to their roots, unless you sabotaged all shows except for the Sydney one.

And yes, definitely listen to it. Just make sure you're not drinking something spittable at the time.

Ah right... Didn't realise it had gone west so quickly. Sounds like they're losing a lot of money somewhere, though.

I might give it a burl once I get through Passengers...

The Zoot Review bit was hilarious last night.

That was truly fantastic. Love that they even got Kerry O'Brien and Ray Martin for it.

Also, much approval for the thread title. I saw this town's name out of a train window when I was in the UK in 2007 and nearly cracked up. :up:

I remembered after I made it that we'd actually been saving it for you to use. :slant:

But it was the only placename I could recall out of the multitudes of "that's a funny name, let's use it for a thread sometime".

For the record, there is technically a Ke$ha album I haven't heard. Rectifying this now.

Oh dear lord.

It's a remix album called:I Am the Dance Commander + I Command You to Dance: The Remix Album

Actually, it's apparently fairly decent. Has a 2.94 on RYM compared to Animal's 1.99, though nowhere near as many ratings (37).

Holy shit, I just noticed Cannibal has a 2.73 and that's based on ~150 ratings. Not bad.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that but never quite got around to Horrible Music Hour-ing it.

Honestly, I think RYM's "let's listen to shit for lulz" crowd has moved on past Ke$ha to the next widely-panned-by-rock-fans artist. I'm hoping fucking Bruno Mars becomes a major target.

Why are Flying Saucer Attack not quite as awesome as their name might suggest?

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that but never quite got around to Horrible Music Hour-ing it.

Honestly, I think RYM's "let's listen to shit for lulz" crowd has moved on past Ke$ha to the next widely-panned-by-rock-fans artist. I'm hoping fucking Bruno Mars becomes a major target.

Honestly, while Animal has a low score, the score for Cannibal isn't exactly bad.

Anyways, you know I legitimately like her so this is fun.

Just listened to the only original track on this, "Fuck Him He's a DJ". Wasn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom