Chicken, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Did he have two terms already?

*clueless about local politics*

I'd rather him than Kennett, though. I'd rather Mussolini than Kennett, Hawthorn supporter or not.

Yep, and he's Melbourne's longest serving Mayor, 7 years. :|

And thank the non-existent chicken god, Kennett has ruled out running for mayor!

I, of course, will be voting Green until I'm blue green in the face. Kind of too lazy to give a shit about local politics, so hurrah for voting along party lines.

I'd never cope. :sad:

It feels like ages since you've really been around! How have things been?

No, you'd never cope....:kiss: :hug:

It has been ages....I've been ridiculously busy with work, kids & life in general. It's all good though. Been given 12 months clearance from my heart surgeon (so long as good behaviour continues), today I got confirmation of having a bionic back, and kids are all settled and happy.

Ooh in BP news...30 KIDS HAVE BEEN PULLED FROM THE SCHOOL IN ONE TERM!! Considering the roll was 214 when we left, that's kinda phenomenal! Letters of complaint are flooding in, and people are also now approaching the ministry of education. Shit. Is. Hitting. The. Fan. :applaud:

Apart from that, no juicy goss. :(

:scratch: I've been a bit slack on the superthreading myself, so I missed a lot too.
Although I suspect it might not have been a great loss.

Scrolling through the thread I feel like the n00b!

Oooh how's my samosa boy doing? Did he cope ok with the Warriors loss? :sad:

:sad: I know...I have gained a life lately. :madwife:

Hold on while I look that strange word up in my dictionary... :confused:

Does gaining a life work like gaining weight? ie, can you get rid of it with lettuce and jogging? (or postwhoring, in this case...)

How've you been? :hug:

Yep, and he's Melbourne's longest serving Mayor, 7 years. :|

And thank the non-existent chicken god, Kennett has ruled out running for mayor!

I, of course, will be voting Green until I'm blue green in the face. Kind of too lazy to give a shit about local politics, so hurrah for voting along party lines.

He has? Awesome. *phew*

Party politics does have something going for it, I guess.

Hmm. Well, the world didn't end on that day I got to work at 7am, so signs of impending Apocalypse aren't always reliable.

Although someone was telling me today that we're in the middle of the Apocalypse right now, and always have been. And probably always will be.

Well, U-Wen and I have forecast the Apocalypse as happening in 2015. Hence the start of the Pre-Apocalypse, the Tribulation, must begin sometime this year. THE SIGNS KEEP ADDING UP.

I look forward to both 2015 and late December 2012, so that I can hold End Of The World Parties and wait for God to smite me with a bolt of almighty lightning.

Hold on while I look that strange word up in my dictionary... :confused:

Does gaining a life work like gaining weight? ie, can you get rid of it with lettuce and jogging? (or postwhoring, in this case...)

How've you been? :hug:

:giggle: Yeah, I must research this life thing further....:nerd:

I've been really good. Far better than the economy!! :lol:

No, you'd never cope....:kiss: :hug:

It has been ages....I've been ridiculously busy with work, kids & life in general. It's all good though. Been given 12 months clearance from my heart surgeon (so long as good behaviour continues), today I got confirmation of having a bionic back, and kids are all settled and happy.

Ooh in BP news...30 KIDS HAVE BEEN PULLED FROM THE SCHOOL IN ONE TERM!! Considering the roll was 214 when we left, that's kinda phenomenal! Letters of complaint are flooding in, and people are also now approaching the ministry of education. Shit. Is. Hitting. The. Fan. :applaud:

Apart from that, no juicy goss. :(

Well, sounds good then! Though ... good behaviour? Does that mean no more bouts of drunkposting for you? :wink:

Holy SHIT, thirty? God, before you know it, she won't have any students to be principal of! :lol:

Cool... another bionic back?

:lol: That is brilliant. Take that BP!! :evil: You started a landslide there and that can only be a good thing. :up:

HOLY SHIT!! Ax I've just seen your post count :shocked: Obviously my share of no life has gone your way and moved in to help your cause!! :lmao: Last I remember is you hitting 70K!!!

:tsk: You'd never make a gossipy woman Ax. :waiting:

I suppose I could drag up some shit, but general consensus is that going through it just puts people off the Superthread even more, and my personal feeling is that messageboard politics are about as mindless as it gets anyway.

Scrolling through the thread I feel like the n00b!

Oooh how's my samosa boy doing? Did he cope ok with the Warriors loss? :sad:

He's jumped on the Sea Eagles bandwagon now, though he's not in the Superthreads much at present.

Well, sounds good then! Though ... good behaviour? Does that mean no more bouts of drunkposting for you? :wink:

Holy SHIT, thirty? God, before you know it, she won't have any students to be principal of! :lol:

:no: I'll never give up the :drunk:

:lol:

Cool... another bionic back?

:lol: That is brilliant. Take that BP!! :evil: You started a landslide there and that can only be a good thing. :up:

:uhoh: Yeah, I'm getting to be rather well known as the woman who started it all...don't know whether that is a good or bad thing. Each time I hear a helicopter overhead I get scared it's BP with a monsoon bucket full of poison to throw on me!!

I suppose I could drag up some shit, but general consensus is that going through it just puts people off the Superthread even more, and my personal feeling is that messageboard politics are about as mindless as it gets anyway.

He's jumped on the Sea Eagles bandwagon now, though he's not in the Superthreads much at present.

:sad: Oh dear...sounds like there's been a 'change of season' around here.

HOLY SHIT!! Ax I've just seen your post count :shocked: Obviously my share of no life has gone your way and moved in to help your cause!! :lmao: Last I remember is you hitting 70K!!!

:laugh:

Hey, I've gone out ... uh, once or twice since the 70k. Maybe thrice! I don't know, I feel like I've been fairly active offline.

Good to hear... :hug:

Eh, the economy will sort itself out, one way or another.

Yeah, I think the media is scaremongering more than anything. What goes up must come down and vice versa :shrug: It's really just sorted out the cowboys and the stupid people...the rest of us just get on and deal with it and life!

:sad: Oh dear...sounds like there's been a 'change of season' around here.

Eh, I'd say the crowd in our evenings is much the same as it's always been. It seems the least affected by politics and stupidity.

:uhoh: Yeah, I'm getting to be rather well known as the woman who started it all...don't know whether that is a good or bad thing. Each time I hear a helicopter overhead I get scared it's BP with a monsoon bucket full of poison to throw on me!!

Pfft, she wouldn't dare...

I think it's a good thing... I don't know what things were like before all this started, but they were probably shit for a long time, and you had the courage to speak up and not take it any more. So good for you. :hug: And once one person does it, it's that much easier for everyone else to do it too.

Yeah, I think the media is scaremongering more than anything. What goes up must come down and vice versa :shrug: It's really just sorted out the cowboys and the stupid people...the rest of us just get on and deal with it and life!
:yes:

I admit that I'd probably feel differently if I was close to retirement, and watching my super fund evaporate... but I'm not :D

Pfft, she wouldn't dare...

I think it's a good thing... I don't know what things were like before all this started, but they were probably shit for a long time, and you had the courage to speak up and not take it any more. So good for you. :hug: And once one person does it, it's that much easier for everyone else to do it too.

They've been shit for the past 11yrs from what I've discovered (she's been there for 13yrs)...people have tried in the past but never had a good school board to support them etc, and no others backed them. I've just hit it at the right time with the right support it seems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom