chicago vs miami crowds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just went to see U2 in Chicago on WEd night and the city was great, and the concert was good.

U2 was awesome, but my section, most of the people were sitting down, not really into it.

The crowd seemed to reflect the demand for tickets, not that excited.

I don't mean to insult, die hard U2 Chicago fans, but the crowd (at least around me) had no pulse.

I was curious, if you think the Miami crowd will be more into it.

Maybe it being the 6th show, no one there was a true fan.

I'm just used to seeing U2 in Boston, NYC which are the best places I've seen them.

But I saw them in LA, Hartford, Montreal, and loved all three of them.

clerks said:

:eyebrow: Not sure what this means.

Well where I was the crowd was absolutely nuts. In fact sometimes a little too excited the dude behind me kept singing and would be off all the time.

clerks said:

I don't mean to insult, die hard U2 Chicago fans, but the crowd (at least around me) had no pulse.

Er, there were plenty of true fans there on Wednesday. (including plenty of interferencers :wink: )

I think the show itself wasn't as lively as it could be. Maybe that was the problem. :shrug:

The Miami crowds will go off - theres already a massive buzz about the Miami shows on the 13th and 14th.

all i know is that I will be going crazy .....of the people that i know are going to the miami shows they will be going as welll. The Miami shows were in demand and i am pretty sure its going to be an awesome crowd...

Don't hold your breath. You will see people in the expensive seats sitting down. Miami is not a great city as far as events go. The Dolphins were almost blacked out this weekend and they are the most followed sports team in town. It may be a hot ticket but you will get more of the people who think it is an event and will have no clue what half the songs are.

clerks said:
I just went to see U2 in Chicago on WEd night and the city was great, and the concert was good.

U2 was awesome, but my section, most of the people were sitting down, not really into it.

I'm just used to seeing U2 in Boston, NYC which are the best places I've seen them.

But I saw them in LA, Hartford, Montreal, and loved all three of them.

Were you by any chance in the third tier? United Center is so big that those in the third section might as well not even go. I've been to Chicago and New York U2 shows and I've found the Chicago crowd to be wild. I think we judge shows by the people sitting immediately around us. Not very accurate.

dude, all i can say is that all the Chicago shows I have been to, the GA crowd rocks. You can't xactly judge the rest of the crowd, because it is hard to get motivated to dance around in rising tiered seats. I mean, when I was in seat, I was one of the only ones going crazy, most people around me liked U2, some even loved them, but didn't know every song, etc.

Re: Re: chicago vs miami crowds

DanB said:

I think we judge shows by the people sitting immediately around us. Not very accurate.

Very good point. Everything in life is relative, even U2 shows!
:up:

people just enjoy taking concerts in, in different ways, some might like to dance and jump like crazy, some might like to sit and just soak it all in

I was in section 204 and people around me where sitting down. There were 4 drunk people in front of me having a great time, but they didn't seem to be paying attention to the show. One kid kept screaming "ONE" as I think it was the only song he knew, at least it felt like that.

It was just weird being around people less than excited, but I'm sure it could happen anywhere.

I guess I was just curious, if you thought Miami crowd would be more excited since it's the 2nd show not the 6th show in the city.

My guess is of course.

And it makes me think.. maybe playing so many shows is a bad thing in some ways.

It all depends on where you are and who happens to be around you. There is no big difference between any US cities as far as what crowds are the best. This is silly, kind of like all the hype about MSG being the greatest venue for concerts , just not true. Been there many times, no better than say Austin, Atlanta, or Miami. Pick any city, doesn't matter- there really is no big difference. There is no best place to see U2, where the experience will be far greater. I have seen them 21 times, in 12 different cities- none as far a crowd really stands out as being much greater than any other.

Back
Top Bottom