CD cases, to keep or not to keep? That is the question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you do with the cases?

• I keep the cases

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • I get rid of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I keep some, get rid of some

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I have many friends and acquaintances who get rid of their cd cases when they get cd's (they usually put them in cd binders or something of the sort).

I personally keep all of them, I quite like the cd booklets and artwork.

What are your opinions and such?

Last edited:
Keep for artwork and booklets...

any damaged cases get replaced with extra CD cases lying around, originally used for purposes of burning CDs

I have everything but I keep my cds in the leather carrying case bc I have to have my music with me where ever I go :yes:

I keep them and I will never throw them out. I keep some cd's in a binder (with artwork) for traveling.

How can you throw them away? and why?

I would never throw out the cases and booklets! I shudder to even think about it. :scream:

I once took all my cd's and put them in a binder. Never again. I missed the lyrics and artwork way too much and without the CD inside the case gets lost far too easily

i put my cds in binders for transportation purposes.

but throwing out the cases? ok, i could see getting rid of them if they were really broken, not slightly broken...my case to london calling is cracked pretty bad but i taped it back together. but i guess if a case got totaly demolished i'd toss it...

but the album art? the only bad album art is the stuff that XP makes. sometimes the album art is just as cool as the cd. i was talking to a guy last night who said he hasn't bought an album in 4 years, he only downloads stuff. morals aside, i couldn't do that just because as chessy as it sounds, i love reading every last thank you. i like knowing that track 5 or whatever was dedicated to so-and-so's dog. i get annoyed when bands don't print the lyrics cos i like to read them.

now i miss my cd booklets. damn you. ;)

I've thrown away most of mine because of the amount of moving I've done in the past three years (8 moves!). I keep all of the booklets and the little things in the back, but just throw out the plastic cases. I keep them until I have to move, but there's NO WAY I could move with over 500 plastic cases unless I wanted to spend about $400 shipping them all. :eek:

if ur gonna chuck the case and booklet away u might as well just get copies...

I'd never chuck my cases/booklets away :no:

This is actually a current issue for me...I have a lot of my cds in the binder thingies, largely due to moving so much, like megan. Recently though, I started putting cds back in the plastic cases and keeping those cases that I've bought (I'd NEVER throw out the liner notes though). So now, I have cds by the same artists in different places, etc....it's confusing. Also, I have so many burned cds with mixes on them... :sigh: I think about how to properly organize it all constantly because I'm so big on organization, but I'm having trouble with this one. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom