Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fez at 9 for you? That doesn't bode well.

Also, even though the clip of IGCIIDGCCT was terrible, I'm surprised that there's still a song worse than GOYB!

LM's hopelessly wrong on both counts, don't worry.

Rejoice, rejoice emanuel has come to thee o israyell. Wow. Um, that christmas carol melody is here.

Fez at 9 for you? That doesn't bode well.

Also, even though the clip of IGCIIDGCCT was terrible, I'm surprised that there's still a song worse than GOYB!

It didn't do much for me. Creative production, but the melody is bland. It will probably grow on me.

Honestly, I don't dislike anything on the album, Crazy Tonight included. It's merely decent. The melody is very good, while the lyrics are pretty crappy.

Cedars is creepy as fuck. I love it.

1. Breathe
2. NLOTH
3. Cedars
4. Magnificent
5. Stand Up Comedy
6. Moment Of Surrender
7. Unknown Caller
8. White As Snow
9. Fez - Being Born
10. Get on Your Boots
11. Crazy Tonight

This bodes well; however, what are your thoughts on, say HTDAAB or ATYCLB as a basis for comparison with regards to the ratings?

Okay guys, I'm gonna put on my sceptic hat and say that it's only good cause this is the first (or second) time you've (we've) heard this. Wait a few days / months, then make the huge claims.

(admittedly it wouldn't be hard for it to be the best album of the 00s though)

The only reason my posts have been as subdued as they are is because I'm wearing that same skeptic's hat.

In other words ... yeah I'm liking this.

Fucking love White As Snow. Beautiful sparse instrumentation. I think it might actually be my initial favourite, or perhaps Magnificent is.

Here comes Breathe. Looking forward to Kheen's thoughts here.

White As Snow, the first portion of Fez, and GOYB being my least favourite so far.

I think Breathe channels Bono's Across The Universe Dr. Robert persona pretty well.

I must be patient. This is worth waiting for. I'm not gonna freak out.

I haven't been this excited in a while...

I am quite impressed by Edge's Breathe solo. It totally channels Lovetown Desire, and it pushes the song up a position or two in my estimation.

This album seems so consistent at this stage. I'm really appreciating that.

Oh, I didn't mean the album was brilliant. Just the second half of Fez. The album's decent, though, on first listen, without letting fanboyism get in the way of listening with skepticism.

cedars of lebanon. i'm disappointed to be approaching the end, lol.

Haha I know. The album's shot by me both times I've played it. It feels shorter than it is.

Also, the style of Cedars totally makes me think of some of the MDH material, I guess because of Bono's somewhat spoken delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom