Butt Bridge, Dublin, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha! Two incredibly entertaining games in ONE afternoon!

These two games didn't fail to disappoint, lived up to the hype alright. :up:

Oh man, the Bombers fucking want this.

Think the Hawks are a bit done, what with being two men down and all.

But then there's over 10 minutes to go, and this can be a funny game ...

Wow, the Bombers and Hawks game has everything, even an all-in brawl after Lloyd king hit Sewell I think it was. :up:

That was a bad hit by Lloyd, but it really didn't look that shocking to me ... the commentators are really talking it up, reckon Lloyd may get 4-6 weeks for it, and that just seems excessive to me. A week or two, fair enough, but 4-6?

So, Bombers by 17. Mixed feelings for me. Neither Wellington-coloured team made the finals, but fair result, Essendon deserved the eighth place and the Hawks quite simply did not.

Hilarious footage of Jeff Kennett during the game too. :laugh:

Speaking of Wellington-coloured teams, Wellington themselves must be playing to defend the Ranfurly Shield right about now ...

Ah fuck, 20 minutes in and Wellington's already 16-0 down.

Think the Ranfurly Shield may be heading south to Canterbury today ...

Oh, Crows go up against Bombers if they beat Carlton? Should be an interesting game then ...

Haha, Blues are getting killed.

I'm going to be pissed if Lloyd misses the finals for that tackle ... AFL badly needs yellow/red cards.

And ugh, the one stream of Wellington vs Canterbury seems to have gone offline just as I found it. But we're 26-0 down at half time so maybe I'm happier not watching this.

Wey hey hey, my hometown team, Horowhenua-Kapiti, scored an unexpected away win over Buller to begin the season in the second division of the rugby on a high. Awesome!

Though how the FUCK did Wairarapa-Bush lose to West Coast? Jesus. You people think the Eagles of this year were a bit of an easy-beat? Wait until you see the Kiwi West Coast ...

Alas, we've restored a lengthy lead. Party time! Blues' fans already leaving.:D

Wow, consider me impressed, Vlad. Was listening to the third quarter on MMM while driving from Glenelg and couldn't stop smiling - Carlton getting what they deserve. :D

176 - 104, Ax. And not even the Crows' home game!

The final match score:

Adelaide - 27.14 - 176
Carlton - 16.8 - 102

Go you Crows!

Wow, consider me impressed, Vlad. Was listening to the third quarter on MMM while driving from Glenelg and couldn't stop smiling - Carlton getting what they deserve. :D

176 - 104, Ax. And not even the Crows' home game!

Yep, our highest score for the year. That definitely sent a warning sign throughout the competition. And Bonnie, did you hear about the Birdman's SPECK-TACULAR mark? MOTY for sure, if not then the competition is retarded. :D

That ought to wipe the smug smiles off the Carlton faithful's face's!

Yep, our highest score for the year. That definitely sent a warning sign throughout the competition. And Bonnie, did you hear about the Birdman's SPECK-TACULAR mark? MOTY for sure, if not then the competition is retarded. :D

That ought to wipe the smug smiles off the Carlton faithful's face's!

Highest score by any team this year, in fact! I don't know if you guys are good enough to go all the way but that was a great effort. Am kinda rooting for the Dogs this finals series but I hope the Crows do well too.

Yeah, as soon as I got home I saw the replay - MOTY for sure. Very exciting time for the Crows.

My order of preference for the flag:

0. Richmond :sad:
1. Bombers
2. Fitzroy
3. St Kilda
=4. Cats
=4. Crows
6. Bulldogs
=8. Collingwood
=8. Carlton

Highest score by any team this year, in fact! I don't know if you guys are good enough to go all the way but that was a great effort. Am kinda rooting for the Dogs this finals series but I hope the Crows do well too.

Yeah, as soon as I got home I saw the replay - MOTY for sure. Very exciting time for the Crows.

I never actually noticed that it was the highest score of any team! Great stat! Seeing how we performed today I am positive we can match it with anyone and anything. I :heart: mah club.

Wow, what a scoreline!

Who would've thunk it!

Bah, screw you Melbourne TV. Instead of showing the game that matters tonight, i.e. Sydney vs Fitzroy, they're showing the totally meaningless game between Port and the Kangatr00s.

Sydney v. Brisbane is on Foxtel? As if, why would anyone wanna watch Port v. North with a crowd of -20K. :angry:

If it's close at three quarter time, I might have to find a stream of the Sudderney vs Fitzroy game. I reckon Sydney will win comfortably though - apparently the Lions have only beaten them once out of their last 16 encounters, the game's in Sydney, and the Swans have a few people retiring.

Then again, Sydney's languishing in eleventh while the Lions have made it into the eight, so ...

Sydney will definitely try to send off their retiree's with a bang. I think we get an hour long edition of the 5th quarter after the Port v. North game.

Ugh, where the hell is a live stream of Wallabies vs Springboks. This seems to get more difficult every week.

Hurrah, found a stream! Wow, less than 8 minutes into the game and the 'Boks are already 7-0 up ...

Edit: soon as a stream comes, it goes ... :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom