Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...Axver even knows what that song is? Let alone has a complete version of his own?

It's not that difficult. There are the various themes, within which all shows are listed in chronological order. The folders for the Former Royal Women's Hospital and the Live Music Safari have most of the best stuff.

I'm very excited that the festival hub is practically three steps from my work. I'll probably go to just about everything there.

Well speaking of teh sprot, is anybody surprised that a guy driving for a Bottle-O car racing team has been fined for making sexist comments?

No?

No.

Explain more of this to me.

This one car racing driver is sponsored by a booze shop called Bottle-O.

There's an all-female car racing team competing in a major race this weekend and he referred to them as driving a "pussy wagon".

STRAYA.

Unsurprisingly, people weren't impressed and he copped a fine.

To be honest I don't think it was that bad. The journo's question - "are you wary of the female team, I mean obviously you would have gone around quicker" - was 10 times worse. "Pussy wagon" is a pretty inappropriate joke but I had a chuckle. I mean there were female teams in the Shitbox Rally last year with names like that.

It's a dumb fucking thing for a bloke to say publicly, especially in a sport that more than any other has an image of being masculine and sexist.

But yeah the question's a right shocker too, and underscores the problem.

I presume you're tuning in to the race this morning Cobbler? I put the telly on just in time to miss the start.

Oh, just grown up ADULT things. We bought a house and moved into it this last weekend. It's weird to look around and be like "well this will be my life for the rest of it". When did I become a responsible grown up?!

You're telling me you've now got an actual responsible adult card? Because nobody should give me one of those.

I can't even imagine what home ownership would be like. House prices in Melbourne are beyond ridiculous.

Anyhow, there was a thing on the front page of reddit about depressing location names, which prompted me to come here and look at the list for reference. And then I realized it was still active.

"Still active" only in the loosest sense of activity! Whole forum is much slower than it once was.

Technically the house is in my boyfriend's name, so I guess he's the responsible adult. He had the money to put down. But I helped pick it and do stuff with realtors and we support each other, so I guess it's a mutual adultship.

I am lucky that we live in one of the lowest cost of living states, in a fairly small city. We paid roughly 85k for a three bedroom, 1.5 bath house with a nice fenced in back yard, outbuilding, and lots of trees. Oh and it came with all the appliances and new carpet. It was an estate sale, and quite the steal.

Oh wow that sounds excellent. Here, if you want to live in an inner suburb, you'll stump up probably at least $400k for a small, shitty, unfurnished apartment. Probably anywhere you want in my suburb would be at least $700k. :crack:

So I'll be sticking to renting! The general job insecurity of my career doesn't help either. Oh well, I have money for gigs, beer, and delicious food. What more do you need?

We're paying around $100 more a month for the house than we were for the smaller apartment. Utilities will be a little bit higher, but at least we are working toward an end goal of fully owning it and no longer paying the bank, and we have all this space now for our stuff. Before, we were literally tripping over stacks of storage bins... the ones that weren't already cramming every bit of regular storage space.

Of course now everyone is asking when we're going to start having babies.

Of course now everyone is asking when we're going to start having babies.

I could hardly imagine anything more annoying. But then I don't like children and would rather not lose the lifestyle I have by having any with a hypothetical partner.

This one car racing driver is sponsored by a booze shop called Bottle-O.

There's an all-female car racing team competing in a major race this weekend and he referred to them as driving a "pussy wagon".

STRAYA.

Unsurprisingly, people weren't impressed and he copped a fine.

To be fair: That's a movie reference.

It's 6:30 pm. I got up a little before 8 this morning. I was off all day and even took a power nap around 1pm. I feel like I need another.

Also, I just had this conversation just now:

Me: I feel sick.
Friend: Why do you feel sick?
Me: I ate too much potato.
Friend: Why did you eat so much potato?
Me: Because I have no control over my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom