Buenos Aires II Setlist Watch and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Seriously, say hi. I'll be the guy with a blonde semi-fro, going for the October-era Adam Clayton look. I'm going each night ... the 17th is going to be hectic as hell. I fly in from Wellington that morning, then have to dump my stuff at the hotel before going to collect my tickets and then joining the GA queue.

Cool, if I see you I'll definitely say hi! I'll be the short chick with the tied up dirty blonde-ish hair and skummy red Chucks :).

I'm flying up from Wellington Friday morning too! My flight's at 9:30am

dazzledbylight said:
Vivianna should get a free trip to hawaii and the u2 show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gratzi, gracious, THANK YOU VIvian :bow:

I accept the trip but only with GAs :wink:

You're welcome everybody. I saw the link and I knew I had to post it here for you :hug:

This concert was completely amazing, Ahh and that crowd was excellent. I was here as excited as if I was at the concert.

All I want is you was excellent :love:

MacHat said:

Cool, if I see you I'll definitely say hi! I'll be the short chick with the tied up dirty blonde-ish hair and skummy red Chucks :).

I'm flying up from Wellington Friday morning too! My flight's at 9:30am

We're on the same flight! I'll be by myself so it'd be nice to talk to someone. Chuck me an e-mail if you'd like, amakaxver[at]gmail.com

I'm from the Kapiti Coast but I live in Brisbane at the moment. Flying into Wellington on the 16th and spending the night with family.

*Viviana* said:

I accept the trip but only with GAs :wink:

You're welcome everybody. I saw the link and I knew I had to post it here for you :hug:

This concert was completely amazing, Ahh and that crowd was excellent. I was here as excited as if I was at the concert.

All I want is you was excellent :love:

You are SO AWESOME for posting that link. :up:

Axver said:

We're on the same flight! I'll be by myself so it'd be nice to talk to someone. Chuck me an e-mail if you'd like, amakaxver[at]gmail.com

I'm from the Kapiti Coast but I live in Brisbane at the moment. Flying into Wellington on the 16th and spending the night with family.

Woah, coincidence! Me and a mate are flying up and I'll keep my eye's peeled for you, and say hi!

I'm originally from Taranaki but I live in Welly to go to Uni.

I'll drop you a line this weekend, Uni work permitting :yes:

MacHat said:

Woah, coincidence! Me and a mate are flying up and I'll keep my eye's peeled for you, and say hi!

I'm originally from Taranaki but I live in Welly to go to Uni.

I'll drop you a line this weekend, Uni work permitting :yes:

Some of my family are coming up too, but we booked our flights separately (the original plan was for me to fly straight to Auckland but that didn't work) and they're flying up at a different time. Either an hour earlier or later, I can't remember. In any case, it'd be cool to talk to a U2 fan.

I grew up on the Kapiti Coast but I've been in Australia for 8.5 years now. I was thinking of coming back to Wellington for uni but it was easier to stay this side of the Tasman.

Axver said:

Some of my family are coming up too, but we booked our flights separately (the original plan was for me to fly straight to Auckland but that didn't work) and they're flying up at a different time. Either an hour earlier or later, I can't remember. In any case, it'd be cool to talk to a U2 fan.

I grew up on the Kapiti Coast but I've been in Australia for 8.5 years now. I was thinking of coming back to Wellington for uni but it was easier to stay this side of the Tasman.

Same situation with my mates and me, we all booked our flights seperately and are meeting up at our accommodation in Auckland before heading to the stadium.

Yeah it would be cool to talk to another fan on the way up, my mate's a pretty big U2 fan too, there's gonna be some pretty damn excited U2 fans on the flight! :laugh:.

Well, gang, it's been real. Given the time differences, this may be my last setlist party (of course I will be there in person in Hawaii) of the tour. What a party to go out on! :happy: :wave:

MacHat said:

Same situation with my mates and me, we all booked our flights seperately and are meeting up at our accommodation in Auckland before heading to the stadium.

Yeah it would be cool to talk to another fan on the way up, my mate's a pretty big U2 fan too, there's gonna be some pretty damn excited U2 fans on the flight! :laugh:.

Do you have a plan for getting from the airport to your hotel and then Ericsson? I'm rather stuck on that point. I think I may be able to do a train from my hotel to Ericsson (I'm told one station's about 5-10 minutes' walk away), but the airport's ages from any railway. A city of Auckland's size really should have better public transportation ... :|

And flights full of U2 fans are always good! :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:
axver, if i don't talk to you beforehand, have a great time at all the shows! :hug:

Thanks Khan! :)

But I'm sure we'll talk in the next couple of weeks! :yes:

Of course I had to work till late tonight.

So there was live video to watch??!!

WOW!
How awesome.
I'm sure it was amazing.

Damn, I hate not being able to be here for these parties.

Read the setlist and :up: for MOTD and OOTS being back!

:applaud:

Axver said:

Do you have a plan for getting from the airport to your hotel and then Ericsson? I'm rather stuck on that point. I think I may be able to do a train from my hotel to Ericsson (I'm told one station's about 5-10 minutes' walk away), but the airport's ages from any railway. A city of Auckland's size really should have better public transportation ... :|

And flights full of U2 fans are always good! :up:

I'm not too sure. We've been discussing it and there's a few options. There's a shuttle, which could take a wee while cos of other people; the AirBus is quite cheap but takes an hour to get to Queen St; Taxi's can be pretty damn expensive but at least you'd get to where you're going relatively fast (depending of course).

As for getting to Ericsson, again taxi is an option; also the train from Britomart to Penrose, which is a 10 minute walk to Ericsson or thereabouts; buses are cheapest but the one that goes past Ericsson only runs every hour, so time could be an issue.

I think it could be a matter of cross that bridge when it comes :yes:

And yeah, Auckland public transport bites the big one :|

MacHat said:

I'm not too sure. We've been discussing it and there's a few options. There's a shuttle, which could take a wee while cos of other people; the AirBus is quite cheap but takes an hour to get to Queen St; Taxi's can be pretty damn expensive but at least you'd get to where you're going relatively fast (depending of course).

As for getting to Ericsson, again taxi is an option; also the train from Britomart to Penrose, which is a 10 minute walk to Ericsson or thereabouts; buses are cheapest but the one that goes past Ericsson only runs every hour, so time could be an issue.

I think it could be a matter of cross that bridge when it comes :yes:

And yeah, Auckland public transport bites the big one :|

Why couldn't they just play Wellington?! Not only is it a far better city, but I could've just jumped on the train 5 minutes from my Dad's house and rode right up to the front door of the Cake Tin, so to speak.

As it is, I'm left trying to work out what's the cheapest option, as I certainly haven't much money to spare after buying textbooks and paying fees for this semester. I figure that, considering the plane lands at 10:30, I should be at my hotel by midday, then Ericsson by 1pm. The gates don't open until 5pm, so that gives me four hours to line up, get my tickets (damn presale will-call), and join the GA line. I don't believe in queuing up for lengthy periods of time anyway, I just don't think it's necessary.

Here's hoping a family member of mine decides they'd like to rent a car ...

Axver said:

Why couldn't they just play Wellington?! Not only is it a far better city, but I could've just jumped on the train 5 minutes from my Dad's house and rode right up to the front door of the Cake Tin, so to speak.

As it is, I'm left trying to work out what's the cheapest option, as I certainly haven't much money to spare after buying textbooks and paying fees for this semester. I figure that, considering the plane lands at 10:30, I should be at my hotel by midday, then Ericsson by 1pm. The gates don't open until 5pm, so that gives me four hours to line up, get my tickets (damn presale will-call), and join the GA line. I don't believe in queuing up for lengthy periods of time anyway, I just don't think it's necessary.

Here's hoping a family member of mine decides they'd like to rent a car ...

I totally agree, Wellington would've been awesome. Just a 45 minute walk away from mine and my mate's flat, what a money saver that would've been!

At the moment me and my mates are planning to meet at our accommodation at about 11-11:30 (depending when the plane lands etc, our flight is the last in the group of flights said mates are on) and be at the stadium by about midday or a bit after.
I don't want to queue up for absolutely ages either, lining up from about midday is good for me :yes:.

MacHat said:

I totally agree, Wellington would've been awesome. Just a 45 minute walk away from mine and my mate's flat, what a money saver that would've been!

At the moment me and my mates are planning to meet at our accommodation at about 11-11:30 (depending when the plane lands etc, our flight is the last in the group of flights said mates are on) and be at the stadium by about midday or a bit after.
I don't want to queue up for absolutely ages either, lining up from about midday is good for me :yes:.

I really don't see why they didn't play Wellington, as it's a far more central location. Auckland sucks anyway, it's hardly part of New Zealand at all.

My rule with queuing is that if I have to go to the toilet or grab food or leave the line for any other reason, I'm queuing for too long. It's a huge stadium so I'm sure anywhere will be good.

It's so soon now, I can't wait! :hyper:

Oh, now here's a thing of beauty. From the U2-Vertigo-Tour.com homepage:

Upcoming shows
2006-03-17 Auckland
2006-03-18 Auckland
2006-03-21 Brisbane
2006-03-24 Melbourne
2006-03-25 Melbourne

I'll be at all of them! :combust:

Woohoo! :hyper: :hyper:

The mates of mine who're gonna arrive earlier Friday morning are in charge of getting snacks that we can take to Ericsson with us for lunch, so we hopefully only have to leave the line if we really need to go to the toilet :lol:. I don't think I'll be drinking a lot of fluids on the day either, haha.

And yeah, Auckland sucks big time!

Heh, good plan there! I might just make up some sandwiches and take those with me. I will need some kind of dinner! Then again, when I saw U2 in Boston, I didn't eat ... and I only just realised this fact now! :lol:

Considering its size, ugliness, and impracticality, Auckland is the opposite of everything that defines New Zealand. Now, where's timothius to berate us for insulting his home city? :wink:

Haha indeed, it's so easy to give Auckland stick, but that's only cos most of what's said is completely true :laugh: :wink:.
Auckland's the antithesis of everywhere else in NZ :wink: (I like using that word, makes me feel like I'm smart, teehee).

I have Highway to Hell in my head now, :drool: haha.

Last edited:
I totally missed the action tonight (a rough day/night at work) but I'm seeing now the show was broadcast on the radio...the whole thing? Does this mean we can expect soundboard-quality bootlegs to emerge?

How can I get my hands on one? Thanks in advance, it would really brighten a bad day.

jon_lemire@hotmail.com

MacHat said:
Haha indeed, it's so easy to give Auckland stick, but that's only cos most of what's said is completely true :laugh: :wink:.
Auckland's the antithesis of everywhere else in NZ :wink: (I like using that word, makes me feel like I'm smart, teehee).

I have Highway to Hell in my head now, :drool: haha.

It's a shame you weren't here for the Auckland-versus-Wellington wars that Timo and I had on a few setlist parties last year. I think I quite adequately portrayed how horrible Auckland is with some vivid visuals. :wink:

PART OF AUCKLAND'S BEAUTIFUL HARBOUR

water_pollution.jpg

What a clean city! :love:

Back
Top Bottom