Brisbane 2 Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad but unfortunately true. :(
yeah, i mean...curfews are curfews, they had to cut a song which is fine. but surely they knew before they even took the stage they couldn't fit in a full set. why not drop another song? why not cut the uninspired ishwilf that's more sung by the crowd anyway? they could've cut one! :love:

maybe it's easy for me to sit here and think of what i would've done differently, but to cut a song off an album i'm touring instead of anything else from the back catalogue seems insane.

or, omg they could've...started 15 minutes early!!! and then nothing would've had to been cut. there's at least 30 minutes after jay-z ending his set before any techs start coming out and checking for the 100th time to make sure edge's guitar is tuned properly. it's not like it isn't an option.

Sorry but I'll keep bashing that piece of shit until the band notices and stops playing it. :|

Yeah, this.

I mean, four ATYCLB songs? Five at Melbourne II and many 2009 shows? Fucking hell. At Melbourne II and Brisbane II, it had the best representation of any album. Christ guys, in 2006 you apologised and made up for missing us on the Elevation Tour. No need to keep doing it. Now I feel like we're missing the fucking NLOTH Tour, so to speak.

Anyway, it's been fun folks. :wave:

Given the way audiences have flooded from some venues during MOS, I wonder how many people outside of the diehards really noticed its absence. WOWY has worked soundly as a closer in the past.

Given the frequency of 3-5 hour horror stories of fans leaving venues who stayed for everything, I don't blame fans for skipping MOS. Public transit that closes 60-90 minutes after the final bow doesn't help.

I had a 3 hour adventure after Vegas(all cabs were asking $100 for a $30 ride back to the strip) so i made dame sure I bolted around Streets during the virtually parking-free 100,000 strong Rosebowl show(I could hear the rest of the show walking up the hill). The transit trains from Pasadena to LA were PACKED when I got there. Some GAers were stuck until 4-5 am. I think New Jersey and Boston had some MAJOR issues.

yeah, i mean...curfews are curfews, they had to cut a song which is fine. but surely they knew before they even took the stage they couldn't fit in a full set. why not drop another song? why not cut the uninspired ishwilf that's more sung by the crowd anyway? they could've cut one! :love:

maybe it's easy for me to sit here and think of what i would've done differently, but to cut a song off an album i'm touring instead of anything else from the back catalogue seems insane.

or, omg they could've...started 15 minutes early!!! and then nothing would've had to been cut. there's at least 30 minutes after jay-z ending his set before any techs start coming out and checking for the 100th time to make sure edge's guitar is tuned properly. it's not like it isn't an option.

At Zurich II several months ago they went Streets-MOS when pressed up against a curfew.

Adam was welcomed as the 'Silver Fox' ('wearing the same t-shirt he wore in 1976') and Edge as a man 'just about tethered to this earth', tonight wearing dark grey ('the new black'): 'And I'm your MC for the evening and my name is Bono. Your minstrels are here to serve you and we're gonna play a new song - and this one's called Mercy.'

U2.com hates Larry? :sad:

Given the frequency of 3-5 hour horror stories of fans leaving venues who stayed for everything, I don't blame fans for skipping MOS. Public transit that closes 60-90 minutes after the final bow doesn't help.

I had a 3 hour adventure after Vegas(all cabs were asking $100 for a $30 ride back to the strip) so i made dame sure I bolted around Streets during the virtually parking-free 100,000 strong Rosebowl show(I could hear the rest of the show walking up the hill). The transit trains from Pasadena to LA were PACKED when I got there. Some GAers were stuck until 4-5 am. I think New Jersey and Boston had some MAJOR issues.
and yet i stayed till the end at both chicago shows (only relying on public transport, natch) and both auckland shows and made it back home in an hour.

and yet i stayed till the end at both chicago shows (only relying on public transport, natch) and both auckland shows and made it back home in an hour.

Depends on the city, parking and location of stadium to the downtown core/transit hub. Some transit got 50% more people than other other sold out sports events and people got shut out. These stadiums having 10,000 extra fans ont he floor makes the problem worse. Boston, Vegas, Rosebowl, New Jersey and maybe some places in Europe got nailed.

I stayed for all of Vancouver and got home easy on transit.

Depends on the city, parking and location of stadium to the downtown core/transit hub. Some transit got 50% more people than other other sold out sports events and people got shut out. These stadiums having 10,000 extra fans ont he floor makes the problem worse. Boston, Vegas, Rosebowl, New Jersey and maybe some places in Europe got nailed.

I stayed for all of Vancouver and got home easy on transit.
well yeah transportation is going to be different in every city. yet in every city there's a mass exodus during mos.

the transportation issue is irrelevant in this case.

well yeah transportation is going to be different in every city. yet in every city there's a mass exodus during mos.

the transportation issue is irrelevant in this case.

Most venues have 20% more people than normal capacity. I'd say fans ducking out 5-10 minutes early has far more to due with transport than dislike for a song.

Quick points cos I'm too busy drinking cider and rehydrating (full review after I get home):

No behind the stage seats on any Adelaide shows in the past.

Larry was wearing the t-shirt he owned in 1976, not Adam.

Saw Adam rip his t-shirt off after the first encore :drool:

Seats behind the stage ROCK :rockon:

Mercy and Bad were awesome :drool:

Any set list bitching done from home on the computer is an arbitrary academic exercise. The power of songs lives or dies on how the audience reacts. Yes we can argue till the cows come home about how stale Pride or One or WOWY or NYD or whatever are, they fucking work in a stadium with everyone singing along. I know, I sang along to every word (except for HMTMetc, I forgot most).

And I fucking loved tonight. It had an extra magic added to last night's show. Don't ask me what it was, sure I could spot all the scripted Bono moments, but they are fun. I had a ball. Reptile had a ball. My friend had a ball (and lurrvveed IALW). Now I'm off to get another drink.....

PS Suncorp is a great place to see shows. Everyone had a great view and weren't distant from the claw. Tonight they hadn't sold the top tiers of the long sides of the stadium, but level 1 was full, behind the stage was full and the back was pretty full all 3 levels. And of course there were a couple of people in GA...

Melbourne Tennis Centre was the one I was thinking as a possibility. Lovetown staging came with a big backdrop though. And I just sort of doubt they would have sold it 'in the round'. I have no idea about UF Tour staging - or some of those older/smaller venues that it was in.

Only visual documentation of the 84 oz stage is the Sydney camcorder which has a back drop. Don't think U2 sold any rear stage tickets anywhere until 85 and only in some venues.

The ONLY proof of rear-stage seating I can find from anywhere on Lovetown is that Dortmund video. All other pics/video have that ugly backdrop.

Most venues have 20% more people than normal capacity. I'd say fans ducking out 5-10 minutes early has far more to due with transport than dislike for a song.
well yeah, no shit. people leave before the last song for every band in every city. i'm still not sure what this has to do with the band not playing the song tonight, but okay.

well yeah, no shit. people leave before the last song for every band in every city. i'm still not sure what this has to do with the band not playing the song tonight, but okay.

Someone mentioned that few would miss MOS since so many fan leave early. I didn't agree. Fans being in a rush to leave early, more so than other shows, is due to the enormous record breaking crowds at each show of this tour.

Quick points cos I'm too busy drinking cider and rehydrating (full review after I get home):

No behind the stage seats on any Adelaide shows in the past.

Larry was wearing the t-shirt he owned in 1976, not Adam.

Saw Adam rip his t-shirt off after the first encore :drool:

Seats behind the stage ROCK :rockon:

Mercy and Bad were awesome :drool:

Any set list bitching done from home on the computer is an arbitrary academic exercise. The power of songs lives or dies on how the audience reacts. Yes we can argue till the cows come home about how stale Pride or One or WOWY or NYD or whatever are, they fucking work in a stadium with everyone singing along. I know, I sang along to every word (except for HMTMetc, I forgot most).

And I fucking loved tonight. It had an extra magic added to last night's show. Don't ask me what it was, sure I could spot all the scripted Bono moments, but they are fun. I had a ball. Reptile had a ball. My friend had a ball (and lurrvveed IALW). Now I'm off to get another drink.....

PS Suncorp is a great place to see shows. Everyone had a great view and weren't distant from the claw. Tonight they hadn't sold the top tiers of the long sides of the stadium, but level 1 was full, behind the stage was full and the back was pretty full all 3 levels. And of course there were a couple of people in GA...

:up:

How many times in their career have they only done 3 songs from the latest album during a full length show in their performing career?

Brisbane 2010
Auckland 2006
???

Wow, that sucks. Having a car at the Rose Bowl was incredibly awesome. Stayed for the entire show until the guys were gone, walked out the same tunnel the band left through, straight to our car, and easily out and on our way with little traffic issues at all. I was surprised how quickly we were out of the parking lot.

same here. we backed into our spot so all we had to do was go straight out and get into the line of cars heading out.

it helped we had been to the rose bowl the night before and figured out the way from the stadium to the hotel.

From U2 Gigs.com

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day
3. New Years Day
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found
10. Mercy
11. Bad
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Verigo
16. Crazy Tonight(Remix)/ Relax(snippet)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Oliver's Army(snippet)
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On

Encore(s)

20. One
21. Amazing Grace(Snippet)/ Streets
22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
23. With Or Without You

Edit: never mind, someone answered my question on the previous page.

But Mercy - Bad = awesome.

Back
Top Bottom