Boots Subscribers of the World Unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boots experiences in presales so far....

Many of us fellow Boots members here in the U.S. are curious as to what the results have been like so far for Boots members who have gone through the presale.

How many landed GA's? Really decent seats? Nose bleed seats? No seats at all?

Many of us fellow Boots members here in the U.S. are curious as to what the results have been like so far for Boots members who have gone through the presale.

How many landed GA's? Really decent seats? Nose bleed seats? No seats at all?

I'll let you know tomorrow - my opportunity tomorrow at 3 local. I'll post back then

I'm buying tickets for a North American show....either Chicago or New York. The fact there is only show per city bothers me. I just look at it as I have one crack at the presale, and the same crack at tickets I'd have in the general sale.

i can't see that - surely the competion in the public sale has to greater than in the pre sale - seems to make sense you get a better crack at it as a subscriber to the pre sale than the free for all of the public sale.

Axver's right (as usual), many Boots people got GAs during last week's presales, though none of us knows exactly how many.

The problem this time is that thousands of more people have shelled out $50 and received Boots codes in just this past week alone, meaning the competition has almost doubled for Boots subscribers since the last presale. Conversely, instead of just three shows on sale, like last week, we'll have many more, so that might dilute the crush a bit.

Based on posts here on Interference, it appears that perhaps 50% or more of the presale codes are being used to buy the two Dublin shows. If you're hoping for GAs for U2 Dublin, it might be difficult. They might even be sold out by the time the Breathe people are done... hopefully, TM will have some GA tickets set aside for the Boots sale.

Meanwhile, Boots subscribers should have less trouble picking up GAs for any of the other gigs tomorrow, as long as they log in right when the tickets go on sale.

Axver's right (as usual), many Boots people got GAs during last week's presales, though none of us knows exactly how many.

The problem this time is that thousands of more people have shelled out $50 and received Boots codes in just this past week alone, meaning the competition has almost doubled for Boots subscribers since the last presale. Conversely, instead of just three shows on sale, like last week, we'll have many more, so that might dilute the crush a bit.

Based on posts here on Interference, it appears that perhaps 50% or more of the presale codes are being used to buy the two Dublin shows. If you're hoping for GAs for U2 Dublin, it might be difficult. They might even be sold out by the time the Breathe people are done.

Meanwhile, Boots subscribers should have less trouble picking up GAs for any of the other gigs tomorrow, as long as they log in right when the tickets go on sale.

This is ridiculous - i don't believe this. I agree many people have paid there 50 dollars to get there hands on tickets but there's no way the pre sale is going to run out of tickets!!! even for GA's. This is 2009 not 2005/06. The servers and internet is a different place from that tour. No where have I heard or seen any problems so far. GA's are the basic ticket required for most U2 fans, those that have joined U2.com - in other words the real fans not the 'casual fan' - u2 know this, live nation know this.Will there problems down the line? Possibly. But this will be a software problem not a shortage of tickets for those of us who have contributed to U2's undoubted financial success thus far!

There's no way U2.com would allow anybody to pay 50 bucks to enter the pre sale at Boots level to find there are no tickets left! I just can not see it. Question is what tickets will still be available. GA tickets seem to be the most popular during the pre sale by the looks of things on here.

This is ridiculous - i don't believe this. I agree many people have paid there 50 dollars to get there hands on tickets but there's no way the pre sale is going to run out of tickets!!! even for GA's

Hmm, earlier you questioned whether GAs will still be available for Boots subscribers, but now you sound completely disbelieving that GAs will run out at all... what made you change your mind in the last few hours?

I would imagine that they hold back a certain number of each level of ticket for each level of presale - I don't think any of the presales would be completely shut out of any ticket price, but I can see the numbers being more and more limited as they go through the various presales.

Btw, 4U2Play, are you coming to Toronto, and if so, can I hang out with you? :flirt: Judging by the awesome Japan video you linked to in another thread, you have ways of getting in early. :lol:

I'm trying to decide how to use my code. I only need two for each Toronto show, but only the first show is going to be included in the presale, obviously...not sure whether to try to get 4 TO1 tickets and trade 2, or if I should try to get 2 Chicago tickets just in case... This is hard! If anyone has any suggestions, PM me. :scream: :lol:

Good luck tomorrow, Ally!

I would imagine that they hold back a certain number of each level of ticket for each level of presale - I don't think any of the presales would be completely shut out of any ticket price, but I can see the numbers being more and more limited as they go through the various presales.

Btw, 4U2Play, are you coming to Toronto, and if so, can I hang out with you? :flirt: Judging by the awesome Japan video you linked to in another thread, you have ways of getting in early. :lol:

I'm trying to decide how to use my code. I only need two for each Toronto show, but only the first show is going to be included in the presale, obviously...not sure whether to try to get 4 TO1 tickets and trade 2, or if I should try to get 2 Chicago tickets just in case... This is hard! If anyone has any suggestions, PM me. :scream: :lol:

Good luck tomorrow, Ally!

Chicago :drool: I hope you'll be there! I would buy four TO and try for trades, then you could try for Chicago in the general sale and sell your extra 2 TOs...

:cute: I would love to see U2 in Toronto (oh, and hang out with you, too, of course :reject:), but I won't have anymore vacation time after blowing it all in Europe this July/August. :sad:

Why don't you come to the West Coast? Vegas, LA, Vancouver, should be a good time. Can't promise you front row, though, those Tokyo shows were a fluke.

Btw, Ruffian is right, get 4 Toronto 1 GAs in the presale, then try for Toronto 2 GAs in the general sale. If you don't score, you can probably trade your TO1 tickets for TO2 tickets pretty easily, since TO1 will be harder to get during the general sale.

Chicago :drool: I hope you'll be there! I would buy four TO and try for trades, then you could try for Chicago in the general sale and sell your extra 2 TOs...

Now that you've exerted your famous brand of peer pressure, perhaps. :) :fingerscrossed:

:cute: I would love to see U2 in Toronto (oh, and hang out with you, too, of course :reject:), but I won't have anymore vacation time after blowing it all in Europe this July/August. :sad:

Why don't you come to the West Coast? Vegas, LA, Vancouver, should be a good time. Can't promise you front row, though, those Tokyo shows were a fluke.

Btw, Ruffian is right, get 4 Toronto 1 GAs in the presale, then try for Toronto 2 GAs in the general sale. If you don't score, you can probably trade your TO1 tickets for TO2 tickets pretty easily, since TO1 will be harder to get during the general sale.

No Toronto for you? :( No west coast for me this leg, either. Maybe in '10. What European shows are you going to?

good luck to you as well, VP!!

Let us know how you do! I'm not sure if you remember, but in Toronto on the Vertigo tour, you waited for a ticket drop with a friend of mine, Lynda. She chickened out and came back to the line and paid $200 for a scalpers ticket. If I remember correctly, you waited it out and got one at face. :lol: The insanity this drives us to...

I wonder how strict the security guards will be in Europe regarding video cameras...

I'm thinking about bringing along a High Def video camera to try filming from inside the ellipse, like that guy in Honolulu did so successfully.

Japan was easy, security there didn't give a rat's, I could've filmed all three shows from the front row in their entirety, were it not for the crowd of insane Japanese U2 fans pushing forward and crushing my chest, breast, neck and hips.

See you in '10 (maybe Montreal?)

Hi all,

Advice required.

Probably going to grab tickets to go with mates (hopefully GA tickets), but would also like to take the wife along to a show as well.

Problem is though, without going into the reasons, can't go into the GA standing area with her and not really able to afford the high priced seats.

So if going for GA tickets in order to use the GA seats then which venue would be best?

Or which venue do people think would be best for the "cheap seats"?

SORRY - Should've said I mean UK gigs.

Hmm, earlier you questioned whether GAs will still be available for Boots subscribers, but now you sound completely disbelieving that GAs will run out at all... what made you change your mind in the last few hours?

with 3 hours to go before we Boots get our crack I stiil feel positive that I am not going to end up with nose bleed seats thru the pre sale. Gotta keep the faith!!

Let us know how you do! I'm not sure if you remember, but in Toronto on the Vertigo tour, you waited for a ticket drop with a friend of mine, Lynda. She chickened out and came back to the line and paid $200 for a scalpers ticket. If I remember correctly, you waited it out and got one at face. :lol: The insanity this drives us to...

of course i remember you-- that ticket drop line was huge! :crack: but at least it was loads of fun hanging out w/ other fans for hours on end. ah, the things we do for this band... :wink:

just renewed my membership to fan club (got a U2A presale code after doing it), and bought General Admission tickets for Glasgow without any problems at all. Straight through, so guess they're still readily available for presale peop's.

Just need to find out whether there will be seats available for the GA ticket holders to use cos the wife will not be able to stand during a full day / show I'd imagine. If not then I might be going on my own.

I wonder how strict the security guards will be in Europe regarding video cameras...

I'm thinking about bringing along a High Def video camera to try filming from inside the ellipse, like that guy in Honolulu did so successfully.

I wouldnt try it.
I nearly got booted out in Dublin last tour when I took out a camcorder.
Had it barely turned on when this thug of a security guard started shouting at me to come up to the barrier and hand it over.
I managed to get away from him but I was spooked.
He was a right scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom