"Boots" cover getting better ratings...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, my keyboard is wearing my coffee now.

:lol:

That has happened to me a few times while reading this forum :D

When I was younger musician friends would scorn my love for U2. "Look how easy it is to play SBS or WTSHNN" they'd say and strum away on their guitars. My questions for them was always, "If it's so easy, then why does it sound like ass when you do it douchebag?"

It's not the musicianship. It's the soul. And you don't have any soul douchebag.

After listening, I must say it is a "listenable" song (just created my own word) but it's true it ain't got soul ........... :down:

The fact that people are actually responding to Boots in this way is positive. You normally don't do tributes, mockeries, comedy skits, or whatnot about a band that's 'irrelevant', as some are saying.

Here's another I liked, that came out pretty closely on the heels of the Boots release:

YouTube - Get On Your Boots (U2) on piano

As far as the first video that began the forum...as someone who does a fair amount of recording/producing, the singer is using a ton of autotune. Part of what makes U2's songs so viscerally impacting is that despite the complex and polished arrangements/production, Bono's voice is for the most part un-autotuned (not counting U23D). Makes them really stick out on the radio from the Taylor Swifts and Jonas Brothers manufactured vocals.

So knock on the later video's "Alice in Chains" sound on the chorus, but at least its really their voice, and a real performance.

When i first heard it, it sounded crap, really rusty and messy, but the more times you listen, you like it, i have to admit, the recorded version is bad, the quality is terrible on the intro with the drums and guitar, but in the video and live its alot better, its a grower, just feel from the grammys award it needs more energy live on there tour.

The fact that people are actually responding to Boots in this way is positive. You normally don't do tributes, mockeries, comedy skits, or whatnot about a band that's 'irrelevant', as some are saying.

good point :up:

nice job! :up: i like how you used the cool intro from the Grammys performance.

as for the original post ... boring!! seriously ... Get On Your Boots does not work as an acoustic song. The let me in the sound part was especially bad. I guess that was the Get On Your Boots - Get On Your Sleep Remix...

Having worked on this production... I can speak with absolute certainty about 3 things... 1. These guys are huge U2 fans to the core, 2. They are very disciplined musicians, 3. These kids got passion and talent for days... I'm a little confused, isn't the ultimate form of flattery imitation... "isn't every artist a cannibal and every poet a thief" clearly a great number of people have connected positively with The Wrecking's Raw Session cover of "Get On Your Boots"... what you hear is what you get... not better than U2 thats absurd!... but you know what, I am not alone in thinking its pretty darn good

Having worked on this production... I can speak with absolute certainty about 3 things... 1. These guys are huge U2 fans to the core, 2. They are very disciplined musicians, 3. These kids got passion and talent for days... I'm a little confused, isn't the ultimate form of flattery imitation... "isn't every artist a cannibal and every poet a thief" clearly a great number of people have connected positively with The Wrecking's Raw Session cover of "Get On Your Boots"... what you hear is what you get... of course its not better than U2 thats absurd for anyone to insinuate!... but you know what, I am not alone in thinking its pretty darn good

This version now coming to a TV screen near you ... american idol. wow

LOVE this cover! Here's a comment from TW:

U2 is my favorite band... we are stoked to have a Raw Session in their honor. We were blown away and psyched when we were asked to do the song in a stripped down format. Thanks so much for your listening and support.

Grace and Peace,
Darren
The Wrecking

Hey it's not U2 but I liked the effort! To me the song is a heck of a lot better than the bashing it's been taking!

:lol: Some of you guys are hilarious. That was actually pretty good. And to anyone who's thinks it's blasphemy or an insult to cover U2 get off it. It's a compliment when people choose to cover U2's material. It doesn't always pan out but this if you listen objectivly this actually really good. From the comments it seems alot of you had your's predeterminded regardless of how good or bad this would've been. I thought it was pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom