Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been pushing himself too hard and doing too much in recent years. I know he has an immense amount of energy, but I do think this might be a sign he should slow down a bit.

I'd expect the " best case scenario" to be the tour starting in europe. Even if the back surgery was "minor", his body will take longer to recoup than even 5yrs ago.

Wishing Bono a speedy and full recovery.:heart:
I feel for those who's travel plans may be disrupted. I too had some pending plans but this is life right?

A North American postponement is likely to be inevitable. At least theres a legit reason and it's not some Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin diva "I don't feel like performing" cancellations.

The shows can wait, we're not going anywhere.

Right on all counts.

Sure the waiting is 'killing us' but that is the name of the game. So patience is your best friend right now.

So I was taking off out of Phoenix this morning and noticed we were taking off to the west. So of course I looked down to the private section and what did I see - THE U2 PLANE!!! I am not joking. Thoughts???

Don't read too much into it - one of the planes was in Seattle on Thursday, and it didn't apparently mean anything. Someone said they loan them out when the band isn't using them.

UPDATE:

I just talked to Romi, who talked to someone in that local band that is opening in Oakland and he said that they are probably going to cancel shows, but not all at once. They canceled SLC, and early in the week we'll hear that Anaheim is going to be canceled and so forth. Romi should be on later with the whole bit of details.

Actually postpone should be a better word than cancel. If you don't understand what I mean here is an example. The next announcement will be about Ananheim and then a few days later there will be another announcement about Denver and Oakland. This is what that guy thinks.

On the bright side of Bono experiencing an injury, thank God he has a lovely wife, family and friends to see him through it. (And of course all the loyal fans!!)
I love you with my whole heart Bono, get well soon and come back to us!!

Just had another thought....
Does anybody know where Edge is? I think if he were in Germany that's a sign that it may be more on the serious side and it's going to be a long haul recovery for B. Unless he was there to begin with getting ready for the tour.
Ok, I need to get a life. This is driving me crazy. :coocoo:
:lol:

Whenever Bono comes back, I have a feeling we're in for some emotional shows. I'm betting we'll have a pretty passionate/outstanding performance when he takes the stage again.

i forgot how it worked when the giants stadium show was rescheduled, but if the shows are postponed and we can get a refund, will they reset our presale codes?

^wow, I didn't think about the presale codes. I'm not sure how it worked before for the Giants show. I think because it was only a difference of a couple of days, most fans decided to still come instead of getting the refunds.

I know many fans had to pay $ to change around their flights and hotels though.

What if that guy gives romi info, but tells him that he absolutely has to keep it a secret?

What will you do, romi?

WHAT WILL YOU DO?????

My blood is the color of U2 and their fans. I would probably leak th einformation via someone else if that was the case....

stand by

^wow, I didn't think about the presale codes. I'm not sure how it worked before for the Giants show. I think because it was only a difference of a couple of days, most fans decided to still come instead of getting the refunds.

I know many fans had to pay $ to change around their flights and hotels though.

I think that with the NJ show, they just used the tickets from the original show for for the rescheduled date. If you weren't able to make the rescheduled date, then they would refund the ticket but not the 'presale code'.

Seems highly likely that they will postpone Anaheim - Seattle for sure. And it seems almost equally as possible that they will postpone the whole US leg for now.

Chances are they would then reschedule those in the Fall 2010 or Spring 2011. Chances are the tickets you already bought will be good for those later dates.

I don't think presale codes will be a factor. And I doubt that FanFoul could sort out 'refunding' a pre-sale code anywho. Heaven knows they have enough issues with issuing the codes to begin with.

repost from anaheim thread

hey guys... just arrived back.. spoke with Roger M for a good two hours today. Very nice guy, and I felt a little intimidated speaking to one of Bono's good friends (since 2000 or so), and one of the richerst guys in the states...

anyway, as far as U2 is concerned: He has NOT gotten the phone call that the show is posponed. But like everyone here, he says, "come on, the guy just had back surgery!"

He also thinks that these shows are not going to get postponed all at once, but in little chunks, because the people with money will want to lose as little as possible. He says these people don't mind canceling a show with little notice, and it would not be surprising for each of the shows to get cancelled the week before. He could be wrong, he says.

and if anyone was wondering why Moonalice was scheduled to open, it was a gift from Bono to local fans of some CITIES (plural) with rich musical histories. Moonalice was asked by Bono personaly to open three months ago, but they could not tell anyone until the show was completely sold out, he said. In other words, other cities like New York may also get a second opener from the local musical pool. .... unless everything is postponed.

other than that, I found out a lot about his band, his work, and got a few Bono and Edge stories...

I'm sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom