Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard from a guy in IATSE that the whole North American leg is getting the axe - Should all be rescheduled with some addition cities next summer

SMB

Wow, I went from hopeful to the dumper in minutes.
:sad:
He needs to heal...whatever works for him. I can be patient when it comes to this. Don't want him damaging himself permantly and never be able to tour again AT ALL.
So with this thought, I can be patient waiting for him to heal. Time flies.....hang in there people.

I dont think anyone should freak out until U2 makes an official announcement. All this he said/she said I heard this/I heard that stuff should be taken with a grain of salt in my opinion.

It makes sense that they waited until after the surgery and until the docs are really able to say something about Bono's health condition and the chances of his recovery before they cancel any more dates.

I agree, especially with these nagging kinds of injuries. I once wore a cast from my toes to my knees for months and it did....absolutely nothing. Years of trying this and that and x-rays and no closer to being healed than the day the injury happened. Some things are really straight forward and others are "wait and see". I don't feel that Bono's family owes us any sort of inside scoop on his health or any explanation at this point.

It's kinda funny to think how many people are holding their breath this weekend :lol:

My plan was just to keep busy and away from the computer this weekend. But I have the day off from work, and the wife and I are having a massive house cleaning today, due to company coming over tonight. When I'm cleaning house, I easily get distracted by, say, the computer! Put away some laundry, check the blue crack... vacuum the floor, check the blue crack! UGH, terrible weekend!

Honestly, if the shows don't end up happening for a long time, I'll be fine as long as Bono recovers. We'll just have to find something else fun to do this summer! It's just not knowing that's driving me crazy!

My plan was just to keep busy and away from the computer this weekend. But I have the day off from work, and the wife and I are having a massive house cleaning today, due to company coming over tonight. When I'm cleaning house, I easily get distracted by, say, the computer! Put away some laundry, check the blue crack... vacuum the floor, check the blue crack! UGH, terrible weekend!

Honestly, if the shows don't end up happening for a long time, I'll be fine as long as Bono recovers. We'll just have to find something else fun to do this summer! It's just not knowing that's driving me crazy!

Ya I'm supposed to be studying today but that's not happening :shifty:

At least when we have some solid official news I'll be able to stop stressing so much.

If they knew yesterday thery were cacelling all the shows... then one of my sources would have told me when I spoke to him about Oakland. Like all business people, they know that by stalling the inevitable, they are losing their future custiomer base. They would not do that. They are waiting to see what can be salvaged. And as of yesterday morning... they thought Anaheim was still a possibility.

Today I'm interviewing one of Bono's better friends, who'se in a band opening for them in Oakland -- yes Sicy, THAT band -- he should have an idea about Oakland, and then I'll update tonight.

Hopefully Bono will make a speedy and full recovery from surgery like Depeche Mode's frontman Dave Gahan had to for last year's tour. It was the beginning of the tour (May 2009) and only a few dates in and poor Dave gets rushed to the hospital. It turned out to be bladder cancer and they had to operate on him as well and they got rid of the tumor early.:up: He recovered in less than a month and some dates were canceled and some were postponed, but he was a trooper and continued the world tour right to the end which was in February 2010.

I dont think anyone should freak out until U2 makes an official announcement. All this he said/she said I heard this/I heard that stuff should be taken with a grain of salt in my opinion.

Thank you Sicy, for being the voice of reason. :hug:

Some things are really straight forward and others are "wait and see". I don't feel that Bono's family owes us any sort of inside scoop on his health or any explanation at this point.

My thoughts exactly. The band will tell us what we need to know.

When I'm cleaning house, I easily get distracted by, say, the computer! Put away some laundry, check the blue crack... vacuum the floor, check the blue crack! UGH, terrible weekend!

That's exactly how I was yesterday!! Was supposed to clean and do laundry--nothing got done!

One of the benefits of driving from show to show on the tour is that I'm not tied to plane tickets etc. It's easy to alter my plans. I can see how people could be stressed this weekend awaiting news (besides the obvious concerns for his health)

Tim

I'm sure the band and management are well aware that the fans are going crazy not knowing. They're probably waiting til they have all the info and everything figured out so they can give us some solid facts about the rest of the tour.

Exactly. Besides, if they just flat-out postponed the NA leg, they'd lose a lot of money. Yes, it'd get made back when they did the shows, but people might not be able to go, might return tix, etc.

Not only are they waiting for solid news for the fans' benefit, but for their own. If they can do all of NA except for SLC and possibly Anaheim, then they'll do it. They want to be out there as much as we want them out there. :heart:

Exactly. Besides, if they just flat-out postponed the NA leg, they'd lose a lot of money. Yes, it'd get made back when they did the shows, but people might not be able to go, might return tix, etc.

Not only are they waiting for solid news for the fans' benefit, but for their own. If they can do all of NA except for SLC and possibly Anaheim, then they'll do it. They want to be out there as much as we want them out there. :heart:

Ya definitely. We all know how stubborn Bono can be :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom