Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN is reporting the entire North American leg as being postponed. I think they'll just postpone the first couple weeks, then play those shows at the end of July. They'll then postpone the first week or so of Europe to the end of October to make room for travel

SMB

CNN is reporting the entire North American leg as being postponed. I think they'll just postpone the first couple weeks, then play those shows at the end of July. They'll then postpone the first week or so of Europe to the end of October to make room for travel

SMB

CNN is also jumping the gun. Nothing has OFFICIALLY been postponed except the opener in SLC.

There's no need for delaying the tour.Just have Robin Williams on stage with him lipsyching over a tape of last year tour.

:wink:

Yuck!

Well, CNN's no longer "the most trusted name in news", now they're merely "the least partisan in news", so make what you will of what they say. ;)

Wow. So glad I didn't hear about this until after work or some 5 year olds would have had to comfort ME for once! I'm really shocked at the news. Wishing Bono a full recovery. I have two bad discs (assuming that was the issue and not something more severe) so I know the pain all too well. I'm trying to stay positive, but back surgery is no joke. BUT, there are newer techniques out there so maybe...but, not likely.

What a long weekend of waiting we have ahead of us!

:yes: And I believe TM also provided the option for people to get a refund if they couldn't make the new date, right? Except they won't refund you their Processing Fee :angry:

at least they should give back the convenience charge. there will be a riot if they keep the 11 or bucks per ticket.

i think i'll only check atu2 front page over the weekend and try to stay off the boards. otherwise i'll get no studying done.

Very unproductive today at work. Once the news hit I couldn't stay off the internet and my phone was going crazy with texts. It's going to be a long weekend.

Oh god, it's going to be a long weekend of getting through crazy rumors. :grumpy:

I'm thinking of it this way.... if they knew now the shows were postponed, they would just tell us now.

This means they are giving B-oh!-no every chance to prove he can withstand them.

And he must be trying hard to prove that...

and even if they do get cancelled.... this tour will be continued later.... when you know you;'d want to see more concerts anyway.

so what we are all losing is not U2 concerts, but cash for plane tickets. Money is replaceable. It stings now, but it will not sting in three months.

Does that me feel better?

I have no idea.:|

It's all in how you interpret this sentence..."The next leg of the band's U2360 tour has been delayed, concert promoter Live Nation said."

Even if SLC got pushed back one day and the rest of the dates stayed the same it technically makes the above true. CNN is merely giving the LiveNation quote, so not sure what they're guilty of.

OK. LiveNation SoCal says: No more statements until next week. They do not promise monday. Just sometime next week. Nothing over the weekend.

It's all in how you interpret this sentence..."The next leg of the band's U2360 tour has been delayed, concert promoter Live Nation said."

Even if SLC got pushed back one day and the rest of the dates stayed the same it technically makes the above true. CNN is merely giving the LiveNation quote, so not sure what they're guilty of.

Most news stories are just running it as "tour start delayed" since only SLC is postponed.

In other words, LiveNation SoCal says: "STOP FRICKIN' CALLING US!"

:)

:applaud: :lol:

Ya, if the surgery was today the poor guy is just coming off the anthesia so how in the world will anyone know the prognosis until he heals enough to start moving around? They like to get you moving after general surgery for circulation, but not sure about this kind of operation. Everybody heals differently so there's no way we will know for sure what the deal is for at least a week I would say...and anything else is just speculation. He might be able to move around but until the pain killers wear off...a few days after surgery Bono won't even know what kind of shape he is in.:huh:

wow. just read this. crazy. i didn't plan on seeing U2 this year (trying to catch The National instead), so this doesn't affect me, but i'm sorry to all of you who thought you were a couple weeks away.

back injuries can be pretty bad. i will not be surprised if the entire US leg is postponed. makes me wonder if instead, they'll just postpone the rest of their 2010 tour untile 2011, and then get that album done this year.

Yup. I torn 6 inches of muscle off my spine playing football in junior high. My back has never been good. It was bad enough last year that I finally started physical therapy (which I should have done in junior high, but things were different back then). It's probably stronger now than it has been in 20 years, but I still wake up with pain more often than not.

Bono's got to seriously consider whether he can physically perform. I know pre-tour conditioning has never been his strong suit.
Ouch. Back pain is a biaaaaaaaaaatch. Sorry man. Hope it stops hurting you.
Football is so hard on you guys especially later in life.:hug:

This sucks for everyone having tickets and having made flight and hotel arrangements for the US leg of the tour, especially the first dates. But most of all it sucks for Bono. I hope he will be better soon and won't be in too much pain. And I hope it won't go out on stage too early. I'd rather have a fit and healthy Bono than seeing him in pain, not able to move on stage. All of that is indeed sad news and I'm quite worried right now.

Well this is pretty scary news. I hope Bono makes a full recovery. His health is obviously most important.

Just found out about this over an hour ago!!! How sad of a situation!!! I pray for a safe and speedy recovery!!! I hope that U2 will make the right choices about the future of this tour so Bono can recover properly!!!

Here's the future guys!

bonoscooter.jpg

:ohmy::huh::scratch: :down: Not sure about this...the extra weight would add more problems to his health and recovery.

Trucks were told to go to MN. That doesn't guarantee that is where there will start. That might be the best case scenario and so they are sending the trucks there should Bono be ready to rehearse in time to start the tour there.

SMB

Would love to see these scenerios happen. Got tickets for Montreal and they just recently started construction on a temporary stadium...the first concert out of two shows in Montreal are 9 weeks away from today. We will wait and see what happens...It is all in God's hands now...

Dr. med. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt
Facharzt für Orthopädie - Sportmedizin
Dienerstr. 12
80331 München Altstadt-Lehel
Bayern / Deutschland

Telefon: 089/45238590

someone in germany wanna give him a call and ask how the surgery went?:wink:

Man, I think I'm in shock, such a bummer to hear we were so looking forward to Anaheim! Back problems suck! Sending good karma over to Bono....
And sheesh, never thought my first post would be about something like this.

that photo by MEAT10AF is admittedly hilarious.

wait a minute, I work with a German guy, maybe I can ask him to call...he probably wont though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom