Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting further dates to get nixed. Paul McG said "dates"(plural). I think Glasto is safe.

I'm not sure how many cities can have u2 in their building for a couple weeks of rehearsals like Salt Lake City. Have to start checking the sport schedules. Or find an empty stadium somewhere in SW US for rehearsals then move into a new stadium with a sports team.

I'm not sure when these can be resheduled. Not really time before Europe, and some region may be too cold if it's added to a Latin/Mexican tour leg. I think some of these will get bumped to 2011.

I'm expecting further dates to get nixed. Paul McG said "dates"(plural). I think Glasto is safe.

I'm not sure how many cities can have u2 in their building for a couple weeks of rehearsals like Salt Lake City. Have to start checking the sport schedules. Or find an empty stadium somewhere in SW US for rehearsals then move into a new stadium with a sports team.

I'm not sure when these can be resheduled. Not really time before Europe, and some region may be too cold if it's added to a Latin/Mexican tour leg. I think some of these will get bumped to 2011.

I don't think the replacement dates will happen until after europe.

Claw was pretty much built, as rehearsals were slated to start Tuesday...guess they'll be tearing it down now.

I'm figuring on either Oakland or possibly Denver as an opener...

I wish I was as optimistic as you. IMHO both Oakland and Denver are too soon. And extra week or two are not enough for his recovery. I don't know anyone who felt OK in less than 6-7 weeks after the surgery. Chances are he won't even be able to walk properly for couple of weeks.

I just hope he gets back to normal real soon :heart:

I wish I was as optimistic as you. IMHO both Oakland and Denver are too soon. And extra week or two are not enough for his recovery. I don't know anyone who felt OK in less than 6-7 weeks after the surgery. Chances are he won't even be able to walk properly for couple of weeks.

I just hope he gets back to normal real soon :heart:

It all depends on the injury and type of surgery. And knowing our B, he's as pig-headed and stubborn as they get -- he'll want to be running around in the hospital! :D

They've got a gap between legs from July 19th to August 6th, when they go from NY to Europe. If it's just SLC and Anaheim that get nixed, they might be able to squeeze them in there.

Sadly, there's nothing we can do except wait and hope for the best.

It's difficult enough to get time at a baseball/football stadium with six months in advance. image how hard it will be with a few weeks. the baseball scheduls are set and will not be moved.

:sad:

It'd been a long time since I last felt this thing in my stomach....it feels like he was a brother or a father.....man, I just hope he gets well soon.....

maybe if they move the show from Oakland to Stanford or candlestick.........or CAL.

for anaheim... I don't know... back to the rose bowl?

Thing is with this 360 tour, the $$$$ & logistics to put on a production like this is something of a nightmare to just cancel/postpone. I think we just need to wait on what the U2 camp says.

It's difficult enough to get time at a baseball/football stadium with six months in advance. image how hard it will be with a few weeks. the baseball scheduls are set and will not be moved.

Remember that it's something like 6 day blocks they need for set up and tear down with 3 steel claws leapfrogging.

Even if it's 2 cities rescheduled before Europe(aint' happening) they still have to get the claws back to the east coast and onto boats to cross the ocean. Not sure if cargo boats have to be used.

Seattle/Edmonton possibly in late october in outdoor stadiums is a tough reality check. They'd have to be made up in 2011.

I think Glasto is happening even if Bono is standing stationary for a couple hours. Insurance covers other 360 dates, but festivals have different rules and other headliners are a pain to find on short notice.

Thing is with this 360 tour, the $$$$ & logistics to put on a production like this is something of a nightmare to just cancel/postpone. I think we just need to wait on what the U2 camp says.

It's probably just easier to have a US tour swing(whatevers missed this this summer plus a couple additions) in 2011 at the end of southern hemisphere/asia dates and tie it into Songs of Ascent.

I actually feel sick. Obviously I care about the guy's health and agree that's the most important issue here, but I've a ticket for Glastonbury and I will be inconsolable if they pull out of that. Everything's crossed right now.

Remember that it's something like 6 day blocks they need for set up and tear down with 3 steel claws leapfrogging.

Even if it's 2 cities rescheduled before Europe(aint' happening) they still have to get the claws back to the east coast and onto boats to cross the ocean. Not sure if cargo boats have to be used.

Seattle/Edmonton possibly in late october in outdoor stadiums is a tough reality check. They'd have to be made up in 2011.

I think Glasto is happening even if Bono is standing stationary for a couple hours. Insurance covers other 360 dates, but festivals have different rules and other headliners are a pain to find on short notice.

Anaheim can be done in late October if need be...no different than last October when they were on the West Coast. SLC would be the same. Seattle/Edmonton would be rough, but no worse than Chicago and New England were last year. Some shows would be colder than others, but it's no worse than my show in Tampa last Oct -- it was over 90F outside and well over 100F on the metal flooring for GA.

maybe if they move the show from Oakland to Stanford or candlestick.........or CAL.

for anaheim... I don't know... back to the rose bowl?

back to the rose bowl??? LOL LOL LOL. not sure even i want to do that again

i read in our paper sunday that memorial stadium is going through a renovation and the bears would play at AT&T in 2011

depending on what kind of renovations are going on prior to that, the stadium may not be availab.e

Anaheim can be done in late October if need be...no different than last October when they were on the West Coast. SLC would be the same. Seattle/Edmonton would be rough, but no worse than Chicago and New England were last year. Some shows would be colder than others, but it's no worse than my show in Tampa last Oct -- it was over 90F outside and well over 100F on the metal flooring for GA.

anaheim can be done in late october because the angels won't be playing

/go yankees'd

chicago was very warm last year. seattle would be downpoor, downpour, downpour.

The fact that a neuro surgeon performed the surgery could mean the injury was spinal cord related. :sad::depressed:

My mom had a neurosurgeon and hers wasn't spinal cord related.
She use to be a nurse that worked with people who had head and spinal injuries. If it was spinal cord related, I would think they would have call off the whole tour already.

Hopefully they tell us soon what happened, so we can stop guessing.

My mom had a neurosurgeon and hers wasn't spinal cord related.
She use to be a nurse that worked with people who had head and spinal injuries. If it was spinal cord related, I would think they would have call off the whole tour already.

That was my assumption, but I know nothing about back injuries ... other than how much they can suck.

The uncertainty and waiting is really sucking. I feel nauseous.

I can imagine how Bono will be feeling, mentally...probably so upset about everything :(

Hopefully right now he's hopped up on super awesome pain pills and feels really, really good.

:wink:

chicago was very warm last year. seattle would be downpoor, downpour, downpour.

Isn't the baseball field in Seattle one with a retractable top?? They could move it from the football stadium over to the baseball one, partially close it and leave the top of the Claw sticking out. (I do believe something similar was done last year at a show...) It would be available as I doubt Seattle will be around for playoffs in baseball and not mess up the NFL schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom