Bono On Denton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am presuming this is enough rope?

Yeah that would be very cool, if they could arrange a Clinton interview a Bono one isn't outside the realms of possibility.

That would be GREAT - if anything though, most of the crappy album promo interviews and a song or two end up on Rove. :madspit:

Hope they programme Rage when they tour! :up:

Cheers ~Ultra

Ah, sorry - no, you wouldn't have, in FL - they are Aussie tv shows.

'Rove' is a rather lame, tame early evening tonight show with guests, stupid jokes, bad skits, that sort of thing (think pale Letterman imitation), and 'Rage' is all night promo videos back to back - they get touring stars to guest programme Saturday nights, so include wee clips of the guests talking about why they chose the vids they chose. Usually very funny, and fascinating.

The channel has a huge archive of clips, so they don't have to only choose from recent top 40, some great stuff gets aired!

Cheers ~Ultra

Denton and Bono?
:laugh:
:up:

advice for Bono if he does it- don't let them do that weird camera angle thing on you.
has anyone else noticed that? they make the guests look like giants sometimes.

one of my long held dreams has been that U2 will program RAGE. I LOVE the stories the artists tell

I love Denton, he is the best interviewer- how he handled Pauline Hanson was just amazing- the true sign of a great journalist is not to get too emotional etc...... but hey there is a suggestion page on the enough rope site, if Bono only realised it would be a great platform for him to plug the drop the debt stuff to a mature Australian audience- hey if he can go on Oprah:wink:

I presume I'm the only Australian here who has never seen the show?

(OK, so I haven't watched regular television programming besides sport for about nine months.)

Actually if you go to the D.A.T.A website there's a bit of a spray in there about the Howard Govts 'commitment' (meaning, complete lack of) to the UN AIDS Fund. Some of Dentons biggest interviews are done by satellite (eg Bill Clinton). It would be fun to see Bono on there over the next few weeks. Plug the album. Put the boot into Howard. All wrapped up in what would be probably one of the better Bono interviews you'll see. Denton is very, very good. Obviously does an absolute truckload of research into his guests.

that would be awesome, but itd be even better if he was on bert newton and the panel and the footy show and cheez tv and girl tv and every other aussie tv show....

Back
Top Bottom