Bono on 25th World AIDS Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting Mrs. Garrison. I might be in the minority when I say this but the way Bono speaks about these worldly issues and his compassion and drive, I can imagine how great his inspiration feeds his lyrical work. I think one of Bono's best collection of lyrics in one song over the last 10-15 years is Crumbs from Your Table. Clearly inspired by the 3rd world deficits that he's seen and worked with directly. It seems this is just as much of his life's work now as his U2 band projects.

If it motivates him more than anything else & if you take Crumbs or even Moment of Surrender as an example of his lyrical strengths, I honestly wouldn't mind if he penned his lyrics in a more solid theme in an album's worth of music. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Elevation, Vertigo, No Line, etc, but with talk in the forum sometimes being about HTDAAB or NLOTH not having a solid theme from beginning to end, I think it would be fitting that Bono finally tackles the poverty/health/equality issues in a poetic way throughout a full length album.

No problem. Its hard to imagine 30-some years later that people are actually talking about the "end" to HIV/AIDS. Not to mention that we've been successfully treating those living with this disease for 15 or 20 years now. With all do respect to those who do still suffer and die from the disease, or those who have died, its amazing what modern medicine can do, when or where available.

One downside I see here in the states is some complacency among target groups, or maybe its just carelessness or bad choices. Either way, its important to keep getting the word out there, and im glad that Bono is one that is at the front of this. It would be nice to see a generation removed from this disease, and in the meantime it would be great for the awful stigma surrounding it to go away.

Back
Top Bottom