Bono Is Baaaack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second that. He did struggle with Miracle Drug a bit during the first chorus. You can tell that song worked out his vocals by how many times he had to clear his throat afterwards, in preparation to SYCMIOYO.

Gone compared to what pop? atyclb? Anyway, I disagree , listen to mercy , in that song he sings fine. BUt today's performance waS regular , his voice sounded regular nothing great. But this is a u2 forum after all and i know how people like to overeact a little.

What's so special about "Mercy"? The vocals sound fine to me, but nothing special. I think Bono's stand out vocals on HTDAAB are on "Vertigo", "All Because of You", "City of Blinding Lights", and "Original of the Species". Those songs really show Bono's great range and power - something that was missing for a little while (especially during the "Pop" era).

ummm

am I missing something??

Mercy is from the new stock, is it not??

No way B was doing these tracks 1998-2001, sorry

Besides he's even admitted recently he doesnt know where it came back from...

His voice can always sound great on a recording because he can do it over and over and they can play with it. When he sings Live though, it's different. This was the best I've heard his voice live in quite awhile.

And this is really U2 live at their least comfortable, just like the TV shows and the BBC radio session in 2000. I think they only really relax and let the fireworks explode at real U2 concerts.

That's not a criticism at all - I'm really enjoying tonight.

I think Bono's voice sounds really tinny. He's missing the substance of years past.

I like Bono's voice on Pop, he is really moody and fits the album. Plus he explores his lower ranges alot, whilst still hitting the high notes (Mofo).

Pop isnt his 'best' performance (Bad, WOWY, Rattle & Hum stuff are), but it is definately me favorite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom