Bono invites another fan into HQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marien

Refugee
This happened last Monday, but I have just found it out in u2valencia, it is the same guy who made Bono an interview for Vertigo Radio we saw a few weeks ago, I think you may like the story, I find it fascinating, so I'm translating part of his post:

....about 45 minutes after my arrival, Bono opens the door and waves to me, I get to the door and start chatting with him.
I congrat him for his birthday, talk about what I'm doing in Dublin, how long I have been here and that in a few weeks I go back definetely to Spain, etc... (he keeps remembering me as the Spanish bullfighter, hahahaaa) eventually he asks me if I have ever visited the studio interior....I want to die..., of course I said no and he invites me to come in....10 glorious minutes inside, he shows me the room they use to rehearsal and then he takes me to the recording and mixing room where Steve Lillywhite is and seconds later Lanois makes his appearance. Steve asks Bono if he wants to listen to anything, he nods, I can't believe it. Bono tells me that what is going to sound is PSYCHODELIC POP.... the song starts....I have to say it's something new, different from HTDAAB, it has a very hard rock sound and a very strong bass line, just at the end Morrocan influences can be felt.... the song is quite long, but awesome (I didn't ask the title). Steve is crazy with a strange dance during the song , Bono, by his side, is also enjoying, dancing timidly and listening very carefully (both Steve and Bono kept looking at me and my reaction, but I was icefrozen, in coma, dreaming, trying to realise where I was and who I was with...)
While in the middle of the song Adam appears with a coffee in his hand, he says hello and stands by me.
When the song ends Bono asks me how I like it, everybody looking at me, I say: "strong! fresh! amazing! I have no words!", they all laugh.........

(There is a pic of him and Bono, but I'm not going to post it because I don't know if it would bother him. Spanish speakers can read it all in their forum)

Well, what do you think? Bono will keep surprising us for ever, and also what the poster coments about the new song and the general attitude inside HQ is the very best news about the album from my point of view.

"the general attitude inside HQ is the very best news about the album from my point of view."

I agree...very exciting!

thats so awesome bono did that!
and im glad to hear about a hard rock sound.

the song must be the one from irishteen.... the one that has the massive bass and a little love / peace in it

This happened last Monday, but I have just found it out in u2valencia, it is the same guy who made Bono an interview for Vertigo Radio we saw a few weeks ago, I think you may like the story, I find it fascinating, so I'm translating part of his post:

Well, what do you think? Bono will keep surprising us for ever, and also what the poster coments about the new song and the general attitude inside HQ is the very best news about the album from my point of view.

Seems my Spanish isn't that bad after all! :lol:
A rough full translation of the experience can be found here:
http://forum.interference.com/f196/what-if-album-atyclb-2-a-186790-2.html

Thanks for the translation Marien! I'm probably not the only one getting all excited about the news from HQ recently, right? :hyper:

Seems my Spanish isn't that bad after all! :lol:
A rough full translation of the experience can be found here:
http://forum.interference.com/f196/what-if-album-atyclb-2-a-186790-2.html

Thanks for the translation Marien! I'm probably not the only one getting all excited about the news from HQ recently, right? :hyper:

I hadn't seen your post, that's why I posted this thread, sorry.

Your tanslation is very, very good and not being a native in any of the two languages, wow! congratulations!
The only important thing we differ is in the meaning of "ca?ero", yes it comes from the sugar cane, but it has nothing to do with sweet, on the contrary, we use the term to refer to something that makes you react very, very hard, even physically ( hockeys in rural areas in Spain used canes to make horses race faster), that's why I translate is as hard rock, not meaning metal of course.
Anyway, I'm positive this are the best news I've heard from the new album, also because I know Jose, the poster, knows a lot about U2 and music in general.

I hadn't seen your post, that's why I posted this thread, sorry.
Aw, no offence taken. :)
It's rather great that we finally got someone who could make a proper translation of it for us.

The only important thing we differ is in the meaning of "ca?ero", yes it comes from the sugar cane, but it has nothing to do with sweet, on the contrary, we use the term to refer to something that makes you react very, very hard, even physically ( hockeys in rural areas in Spain used canes to make horses race faster), that's why I translate is as hard rock, not meaning metal of course.

Oh, I see. :lol:
Like I wrote in the other thread I had to guess the meaning of some words as I didn't know how to translate them and neither did my dictionary. At least I managed to get most of the important stuff translated more or less correctly.
Well, "you learn something new everyday" as they say. Thanks again for helping me out, Marien. :up:

Gosh, what a dream!! Bono never ceases to amaze me with his generosity!! I wonder if he says to the other guys "do you mind if I invite a fan up to hear a song?" cause it sounds like he has a definite purpose in mind when he invites these fans in, like he wants reassurance that a song is good enough or something...although I wonder if a fan would ever be honest enough to say "that sounds like crap." I doubt it. I know I couldn't :)

Thanks for the translation...and for finding this story.

That is so COOL that you got invited in. And another show of what cool guys they are for sharing. :yippie:

I wish I had been invited into HQ, but no, I'm not so lucky.:no:
It was the Spanish guy who made Bono an interview for Vertigo Radio (a fansite radio), a youtube link was posted in this forum. This news appeared in U2Valencia forum, I only translated it here.

I so want to meet Bono, but I don't ever see it happening. The ones that met any of the boys are the lukiest people in the world.
The reason I really want to met Bono is he seems just like a regular guy, that does so much for others. His fans always come first to him, and he'll spend time just talking to you.
God Bless, Robyn:wave:

I so want to meet Bono, but I don't ever see it happening. The ones that met any of the boys are the lukiest people in the world.
The reason I really want to met Bono is he seems just like a regular guy, that does so much for others. His fans always come first to him, and he'll spend time just talking to you
God Bless, Robyn:wave:

Hi there, I always thought the same way, that other people had a chance and not me..Well back when the Vertigo tour started over 3 years ago, I decided that I was going to be one of those lucky people. I don't know where you live but I am in Los Angeles and when U2 were rehearshing a couple of days before the show I went to the Los Angeles Sports Arena and waited for hours in the cold with other U2 fans. That night I met Edge and Adam and Bono was in an SUV in front of me. I couldn't believe it and he told us that he was too tired and promised he would greet us the next night. Well I went back the next night and did meet him. It was awesome and surreal, Since then i have met him a few other times with some of the people I met the first night I met him and newer friends. So you never know what is going to happen but I do believe in thinking positive about it and if you say you will meet them and believe in it , it will......:wave:

Back
Top Bottom