Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will give them time to rethink their 'let's play boring acoustic versions of songs that aren't all that great in the first place' strategy

I just saw this on U2.com. Stop riding bikes, Bono!

But I hope his surgery goes OK.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

What the...

...surgery??

Sheesh. Wonder how long the recovery is.

He was just in London yesterday...He should not be riding a bike in Central Park when probably not totally rested...you need your wits about you when riding in this city!

Hopefully they'll just stitch him up, throw a cast on him and get him back in front of the mic. (It's not like he's been playing guitar on the promo tour.)

Which is my non-doctor way of supposing I can't imagine he's out of commission completely for a month for a broken arm.

If it's a broken arm, will be no less than a month for full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's really tough to say without knowing what the surgery is for exactly. But I would be surprised if we see another band performance before Christmas.

I do think there's a chance we will see Edge, Larry, or Adam show up on the Tonight Show tomorrow night to do some sort of gag about this.

Does this mean they won't be at KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas either?

I'm thinking he can't perform due to being on meds(pain killers) for the next few days. I would think he will be fine to sing within a week or so.

But then again....I'm not a doctor.

It's really tough to say without knowing what the surgery is for exactly. But I would be surprised if we see another band performance before Christmas.

I do think there's a chance we will see Edge, Larry, or Adam show up on the Tonight Show tomorrow night to do some sort of gag about this.

This might sound callous, but all he has to do is stand there and sing with a cast on his arm. Unless he can't perform without waving both arms around. Hey, he did it on the Joshua Tree Tour, and that was a broken collarbone.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So what kind of surgery is it. On his knee? Shoulder? Elbow? Most people just fall off a bike and break a goddamn bone. Damn U Bono U can't even get hurt right.

I imagine that he will be able to do the almost acoustic Xmas show, it's a month away. Maybe they can reschedule Fallon for around that time? Who knows. I wonder if they'll still announce the tour soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom