Bono In Sydney with family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ABC staff will be allowed in to the taping of Denton as always and that is how I have my pass. We are made to be as quiet as possible.

So it pays to work for Australias greatest institution.

could you please post something if he mentions the new dates asap?

oh bono in sydney, i thought you said elsewhere that you had tickets and will be sitting in the second row like you were an audience member.

and if you work for the ABC, how come youre allowed to tape it?

must have got confused.

Who said he/she is allowed to tape it, bono in sydney just said that they are allowed to be at the taping nothing about taping it.

adambk said:
Who said he/she is allowed to tape it, bono in sydney just said that they are allowed to be at the taping nothing about taping it.

Bono in Sydney said:
Don't worry I'll take my little cam recorder and upload it as soon as I get home.

Paul knows me so if he sees me we might hang out together after the show depending how quickly he wants to get back to his family.

Oh my bad, I was positive I had been keeping up with the threads must have missed that post.

Last edited:
its 4.07pm sunday on the east coast right now.

adam, it said in the paper it was being filmed over the weekend.
someone on the aussie mailing list stated that they saw an ad for it with Denton and Bono together.

Yes I read that in the paper hoppipolla, just a page back on this thread though said that the Denton shows are recorded a few hours before they air. But then again that might just be for the normal season. So we might know today whether the tour is being cancelled or not, right?

One of the many reasons I :heart: google

CNN LARRY KING WEEKEND

Interview With Bono

Aired December 1, 2002 - 21:00 ET

KING: Do you think U2 would have been a hit if you were Paul David Hewson?

BONO: I don't know. The only person who ever called me Paul was my father, so I always associate it with doing something wrong, you know. So, you know, occasionally, people will come up to me on the street and try to, you know, ingratiate themselves and call me Paul. I don't like it, actually.

Yeah thats normally when there is an audience.
This is different.
I don't think we're going to know anything today.

We are also assuming that this will be recorded either this weekend or tomorrow.
It may have been filmed before the announcement was even made.
I do doubt that though.

nurse chrissi said:

CNN LARRY KING WEEKEND

Interview With Bono

BONO: I don't know. The only person who ever called me Paul was my father, so I always associate it with doing something wrong, you know. So, you know, occasionally, people will come up to me on the street and try to, you know, ingratiate themselves and call me Paul. I don't like it, actually.

:kiss:

:flirt:

hoppípolla said:
Yeah thats normally when there is an audience.
This is different.
I don't think we're going to know anything today.

We are also assuming that this will be recorded either this weekend or tomorrow.
It may have been filmed before the announcement was even made.
I do doubt that though.

The article that was posted Saturday said the interview was going to be recorded this weekend.

the camcorder thing was a joke but as an ABC employee we get into all the Denton stuff...

someone has to be the assistant to the asisistant to the first assistant to the coffee maker..

Bono in Sydney said:
the camcorder thing was a joke but as an ABC employee we get into all the Denton stuff...

someone has to be the assistant to the asisistant to the first assistant to the coffee maker..

Can you tell us what was discussed at the taping today?

bono_man2002 said:
Not having read a few pages in this thread......

There's no Denton listed in this weeks TV guide....so is gonna be on next week prehaps?

someone said it was a 'special' or something...

i was wondering as well, because i don't see it either.

sokki said:

someone said it was a 'special' or something...

i was wondering as well, because i don't see it either.

Right, Because I did not long ago get a text saying that it is going to be on 9:35pm tommrow night. (or tonight now)

nurse chrissi said:

CNN LARRY KING WEEKEND

Interview With Bono

thank you for posting this! Somebody must be kind of embarrassed right now, no? :giggle:

ive been to melbourne & sydney both nice. but that sydney harbour is a wonderful thing. a cant wait to get down again one day

nurse chrissi said:

CNN LARRY KING WEEKEND

Interview With Bono

:bow:

I think that one was pretty obvious. Unless he was planning to deliver pizza to the ABC for an event that had already occured, and then tape it? Or something? I got lost there somewhere...

Denton ABC special with Bono is on Mondaynight. Taped on Monday afternoon.

I work for the ABC and will get to see it cause employees get in through contacts.

Ernie, I also deliver pizzas. I guess not everyone is as rich as you and some of us need to have two jobs to make ends meet.

You are lucky you are so rich.

Back
Top Bottom