Bono in Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
Yup! it's Dubbaya.

It also said, star studded event.

uhhh, George HW Bush is NOT called Dubbaya, that's his idiot son!!
If GW was there it would be an embarrassment to the whole ceremony..........., at least his father has class now..he hangs with Bill!!

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
Checked again and the weather doesn't look to good. I'm going to the dollar store to get umbrellas this way I could throw them away if we get to enter.

Weather :madspit: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Wait did they say no umbrellas? All I wrote down was "cameras permitted"

Nightsong said:
One of the zootops called the facility today:

If you need parking, park in the visitors center lot.
If it rains, as in Thunderstorm rain the ceremony will be moved inside. The standing room garden tickets will not be valid inside if this happens. If it is decided that it will be moved inside, that will be posted on the constitution center's website by 12:30pm.

So hopefully it won't look too stormy before 12:30.....:confused:

lovely, because I have to get on the bus or train at 12:11 at the latest.

Hope you all have a safe trip and get to see this most beautiful man AND hear his beautiful thoughts, as only he could speak them.
Don't forget a full report when you get back!!
I will surely be tuned in.

Does anyone know anyone that has an extra ticket. Please pm me. Thanks. It would be an honor to see him accept an award he is passionate about. It's exciting to have filler in between the years gap the concerts hold. A dose of Bono needed to cure withdrawal symptom. So please pm me or email me at serendipity259@gmail.com if anything comes up and you have an xtra ticket u r willing to unload.
Thanks. Or any info as well would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Changed my mind ladies, it's too hot to wear my long sleeved Edun shirt and too risky that there won't be shade to wear my black one, so I'll be in a vintage Joshua Tree T-shirt.

Varitek said:

Wait did they say no umbrellas? All I wrote down was "cameras permitted"

For a dollar, I'm bringing them anyway, no loss then if they make me throw them away, its just for the line up anyway. They said no umbrellas at the ceremony itself. I hope that made sense.

The weather is really iffy, but here is the latest.

Today's Forecast
HIGH: 85° F
Very warm and humid with times of clouds and sun; an afternoon shower or thunderstorm around.

Tonight's Forecast
LOW: 66° F
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a shower or thunderstorm around.

morning weather

Good morning! It's hot, very humid but NOT raining here in Philly. The wake up news said that it will be hot and humid with a chance of rain later today. They complained that we won't get the rain we really need because most of it will fall north and west of the city.

I can live with that :)

Re: morning weather

Junan said:
Good morning! It's hot, very humid but NOT raining here in Philly. The wake up news said that it will be hot and humid with a chance of rain later today. They complained that we won't get the rain we really need because most of it will fall north and west of the city.

I can live with that :)

lol so can I!
See you there!
i have to ge tmy mom moving lol im almost done getting ready

I'm leaving whenever I am ready which probably won't be until 11 and it will take me and the hubby 2 1/2 hrs. Maybe less if we don't get lost.

The weather sounds better than it did before. :wink:

Jc I'm leaving at 11 as well. I'll call you when I get there. I'm bringing my RED journal you gave me for the Man to sign. Fingers crossed!
Have a good trip!

Whoohoo!

That was an amazing experience. Bono truly deserves all the accolades he receives. He was funny, charming, compelling and, as always, inspirational. It was great to meet everyone from Interference and the Zoo. I didn't meet Bono but some people did before the ceremony.

The African Children's Choir was a great way to end the ceremony. The kids are really talented, energetic and just adorable.

Congratulations, Bono and DATA!

Just got home. That was amazing guys, great to meet you all and meet Bono with all of you! I am exhausted and so emotionally high it's amazing, I second everything Junan said about the actual ceremony and afterwards when he finally came out it was amazing. More tomorrow when I'm a little more coherent. And pictures tomorrow.

just got home and took a shower. im speechless
lol half way through the car ride i was like omg mom, bono touched me! I didnt realize it but when he called me adorable he squeezed my hand. :drool:
ill talk to you all tomorrow, and ill upload pics!
~Adge

I'm happy for you folks.

I just wish I had better luck in Dallas when he spoke. It sounds like it was orderly there meeting Bono. Don't even get me started on what happened here!

Ramblin Rose knows what I'm talking about.

Speaking of my Dallas peeps, well, do you have a report???

I wish Bono would do some similar engagement in So Cal. I would LOVE to hear him speak. I can only imagine how exciting and totally exhiliarating the experience must be. Thank you to all who have shared it here!

Re: Hey Adge!

Junan said:
Adge,

I just went to www.6abc.com to the Liberty Medal preview and you were on the news. They included your interview! Way to go!

June

Which is the interview - is it the web extra at the Inquire Bldg when he comes out of the elevator? What a darling man he is.
so quick thinking and humble.

Just noticed you wrote "preview". i will check there.

Last edited:
Got it Junan- thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG- :wave: :up: :up:
Adrienne - HI!!!
very cool!!! your description of Bono is the best yet " SEXY BEAST" please tell us all EVERY DETAIL!!

ANd Junan you should post the 6abc links in pleba's bono in philly !!

BonoLibertyMedal003.jpg

Bono11.jpg

bono9.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom