Bono in Germany June 6 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
the damn watermark made his cheek blurry so I had to do lotsa copypasting :crack:

bonoprettypl2.jpg

great job!!!

teenie said:
For the record, though, Harper said he liked the music of Bono's band U2.

He's a fan....but he doesn't want to meet the..... lead singer??

heeeeeeelloo :coocoo:

On a serious not, what a complete moron for not wanting to discuss this matter :down:

Yes, Bono is beautiful but his heart is breaking right now so I find it hard to focus on his physical features.

Here is Bono's heartbroken and very frustrated response today at the press conference where these pics come from:

http://www.data.org/news/press_20070608.html

Heiligendamm

Bono, lead singer of U2 and co-founder of DATA, said: “G8 leaders say they are serious about keeping their promises from 2005, but today they have made their job seriously harder. They say $60billion for AIDS, TB and malaria and it sounds great, but that’s not earmarked for Africa, it’s a global figure and there’s no timeline. Even if their laudable commitment to put 5 million people on lifesaving drugs had a due date of 2010 – which it doesn’t – it would only be half their stated ambition of 2005.

"This summit outcomes document isn’t readable in any language, it’s called a communiqué but it seems to have been deliberately designed not to communicate the real facts. Do they think we can’t read or count? We are looking for accountable language and accountable numbers: we didn’t get them today. The G8 do reiterate their commitment to the $25 billion for Africa in 2010, but the whole point of this year’s Africa piece of the G8 puzzle was to show a critical path for how these great nations would keep their great promise to Africa. Clear year-by-year steps were needed but this labyrinthine language offers no path - it’s a maze designed to lose an ever increasing movement of engaged global citizenry. But we are not lost; right now it’s the G8 that are lost.

"It's worth remembering that these aren’t statistics: these are hospitals without the electricity or clean water they’ve been promised, schools without roofs. Mothers without vaccinations for their children. The bureababble reveals a struggle within the G8. Some leaders have been stepping up but collectively they are slipping up. We’ve had plenty of fights with them this week – but they’ve had more with each other. Maybe the biggest achievement of 2007 is the emerging passion and commitment of the German people including the Chancellor herself – if only we could have turned her passion into more cash."

My prayers are with the People of Africa who will not live because of the lack of progress made at the G8 summit on ending extreme poverty

and my best wishes are with Bono and Bob who tried so immensely hard to move things forward for Africa at the summit - but just couldn't.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

My post was not to say that others shouldn't focus on Bono's physical features if they want to, it was just to express my deepest feelings right now as I am as heartbroken and frustrated with what happened at this G8 summit as so many others are.

LOVE AND PEACE.......:pray: :wink:

Jamila said:
Yes, Bono is beautiful but his heart is breaking right now so I find it hard to focus on his physical features.

Here is Bono's heartbroken and very frustrated response today at the press conference where these pics come from:

Heiligendamm

Bono, lead singer of U2 and co-founder of DATA, said: “G8 leaders say they are serious about keeping their promises from 2005, but today they have made their job seriously harder. They say $60billion for AIDS, TB and malaria and it sounds great, but that’s not earmarked for Africa, it’s a global figure and there’s no timeline. Even if their laudable commitment to put 5 million people on lifesaving drugs had a due date of 2010 – which it doesn’t – it would only be half their stated ambition of 2005.

"This summit outcomes document isn’t readable in any language, it’s called a communiqué but it seems to have been deliberately designed not to communicate the real facts. Do they think we can’t read or count? We are looking for accountable language and accountable numbers: we didn’t get them today. The G8 do reiterate their commitment to the $25 billion for Africa in 2010, but the whole point of this year’s Africa piece of the G8 puzzle was to show a critical path for how these great nations would keep their great promise to Africa. Clear year-by-year steps were needed but this labyrinthine language offers no path - it’s a maze designed to lose an ever increasing movement of engaged global citizenry. But we are not lost; right now it’s the G8 that are lost.

"It's worth remembering that these aren’t statistics: these are hospitals without the electricity or clean water they’ve been promised, schools without roofs. Mothers without vaccinations for their children. The bureababble reveals a struggle within the G8. Some leaders have been stepping up but collectively they are slipping up. We’ve had plenty of fights with them this week – but they’ve had more with each other. Maybe the biggest achievement of 2007 is the emerging passion and commitment of the German people including the Chancellor herself – if only we could have turned her passion into more cash."

My prayers are with the People of Africa who will not live because of the lack of progress made at the G8 summit on ending extreme poverty

and my best wishes are with Bono and Bob who tried so immensely hard to move things forward for Africa at the summit - but just couldn't.

Poor Bono. He seems forgot the key word for politics is "play". :( A booming African economy would mean the increase demand on resources, notieably oil. Currently Africa is an oil exporter, I guess some people really don't want to see it become a importer.

Macphisto2000 said:
BTW, any Dallas fans around? I have a few more of him if someone is interested.

Oh yes, very VERY interested... :wink:

silvrlvr said:
I'd love to hear the conversation that brought Dallas to G8.

Edge: Dallas, you can stay here with me and Danny in this unairconditioned riad while we keep writing and having long conversations about whether to go with G sharp or F flat. Or you can go to northern Germany to work with Bono and Geldof and be seen by millions of people around the world, including all of PLEBA.

Dallas: Dude, I'm off to Rostock!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And, once again, thanks for all the great photos! :bow: And the work on the watermarks...

Galeongirl said:

Amazing! :drool:

Last edited:
Jamila said:

Heiligendamm

This is certainly awful!!..All we can do is PRAY that hearts and minds get changed !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom