Bono in Dublin Castle Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
capt.xdub10206011345.ireland_bono_band_aid_2_xdub102.jpg

capt.xdub10106011354.ireland_bono_band_aid_2_xdub101.jpg

Looking good as usual!!:drool:

Last edited:
Ok, so I went to Gettyimages.com to see if they had any of Bono from today up yet and to my surprise guess whose picture they have up on their home page.

It made me laugh!.

This is the article that goes with the pics.

Bono denies plans for "Live Aid 2"
Tue 1 June, 2004 15:15

By Gideon Long

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Irish rock star Bono has played down rumours that he and his friends in the music industry are planning a second Live Aid concert to raise money to fight AIDS.

He said a "Live Aid 2", nearly 20 years after the first epoch-defining event to help the starving of Ethiopia, would not raise enough cash to adequately tackle the AIDS crisis.

Instead, he urged the countries of the European Union to fulfil their pledge to commit 0.7 percent of their national incomes to overseas aid.

"At this point there are no plans for a Live Aid 2," Bono told reporters as he entered a meeting of EU development ministers in Dublin. "It's always there in the background but right now, no.

"Right now we're after billions (of dollars) not millions. A Live Aid 2 would help, but it wouldn't fix the problem."

Bono, frontman of rock giants U2 and a long-time campaigner on development issues, said a Live Aid concert would not be needed if governments in the developed world kept their promises on aid.

"We saw those pictures (of the starving in Ethiopia) 20 years ago. I don't want to see those pictures again," he said.

"There are plans being discussed on these tables (at the EU) which, if implemented, mean we wouldn't have to see those pictures again."

Bono, dressed in a purple suit and wearing his trademark wrap-around sunglasses, said the Scandinavians were alone in the EU in fulfilling their pledge to give 0.7 percent of their national income to overseas aid.

"There are some laggards hanging out here, and I'm going to be putting my hand in their wallets," he said as he headed in through the imposing doorway of Dublin Castle to meet the ministers.

"For me it's not really about charity at this point, it's about justice."

Bono said some EU countries had reneged on their promises because, as their economies expanded, they had realised that 0.7 percent of their national income was more, in absolute terms, than they had anticipated.

"This is renegotiating your deal with God downwards," said Bono, a committed Christian.

Bono, 44, was involved with the first Live Aid concert at London's Wembley Stadium in 1985 -- the brainchild of his friend and fellow Irishman Bob Geldof.

Both men have pressed Ireland to give development issues a higher profile during its presidency of the EU, which runs until the end of this month.

Re: Re: Bono in Dublin Castle Today

TheBrazilianFly said:
capt.xdub10106011354.ireland_bono_band_aid_2_xdub101.jpg

Damnit, I think he cut his hair a little shorter. I do not like that. :shame:

You think so? Look at the first one where it's blowing around from the back, it looks almost like JT :love: Even if he did cut some at least he didn't cut it all, that must mean he wants to keep it! :)

Re: Re: Re: Bono in Dublin Castle Today

U2Kitten said:

You think so? Look at the first one where it's blowing around from the back, it looks almost like JT :love: Even if he did cut some at least he didn't cut it all, that must mean he wants to keep it! :)

I think he did a little, I think you can see it if you compare it to the one where he is on the street with the Universal executives. It's still good though. :D

Ever since I?ve been here in PLEBA I?ve seen so man y pictures of Bono that I feel like his a personal friend or something. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bono in Dublin Castle Today

TheBrazilianFly said:

I think he did a little, I think you can see it if you compare it to the one where he is on the street with the Universal executives. It's still good though. :D

Maybe just a little right where it comes to his collar, maybe because of the politicians. He's got plenty of time before the tour to grow it longer :love:

Ever since I?ve been here in PLEBA I?ve seen so man y pictures of Bono that I feel like his a personal friend or something. :eyebrow:

:lmao: Me too, it's like the words of Babyface :eek: I've seen him in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend! ;) And like the Cure song "I've been living so long wtih these pictures of you that I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel" Queen Bee made me a cool siggy of that, I'll have to put it back sometime! :yes:

ramblin rose said:
Here's another one:

r2294656471.jpg

He looks like he's having a good time.

He sure does :yes: He's always smiling now in these new pics! :) You know from time to time people will see the boys do or wear something and say, hey, they must have been reading PLEBA. Well as smiley as he's been recently it makes me wonder if he saw all the "unhappy Bono" stuff we went through here and he's determined to show us he is happy! ;)

U2Kitten said:

:lmao: Me too, it's like the words of Babyface :eek: I've seen him in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend! ;)

True. :yes: Because of his age he could be my dad so sometimes I feel that paternal closeness. :reject: It's kinda creepy but I like it. In the end it's really because I think he just might be my biggest hero. He represents a lot of things I want to be.

He's a good inspiration :yes:

I think his hair might be a little darker too which suits me fine:)

Yes, his hair does look darker. He looks GREAT with dark hair. I also love the purple suit:love:

Michelle

Bono is a bit more clean-shaven :)heart:the cleft in his chin! :heart: :heart: :heart:) and God bless him - he chose one color and stuck with it! I'll agree with the previous posts that he is an EXCELLENT role model and a true inspiration. All in all, he just looks friggin cool - the way that Bono should look :drool:

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah he looks fantastic. My favorite is the 1st one where he's walking. I still can't figure out if he's actually gotten a haircut.

Back
Top Bottom