Blue Ball, Ohio Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i weighed in on the survivor thing - i'd rather have simultaneous rounds, but nloth have more days to settle. do we need to start it right now?

That's impressive. I assume it's even worse in the Northern Territories?

I have to admit I like living in places with this variety of micro-climates!

I second that decision.
It will be hard picking a winner from TUF. All other albums (except Pop, perhaps) have more evident picks for me. Well, I guess this shows the cohesiveness of the album.

Yeah, the Northern Territory has stunningly hot days through the year - they've played international cricket fixtures in Darwin (and Cairns in northern Queensland) in mid-winter, because the average daytime temperature rivals summer temperatures at most other major cricket venues elsewhere. Though since it's desert, the Northern Territory has very cold nights too.

Luckily, I'm using a seeding system and the top four songs from UF all go through to the final, so that will hopefully make it a bit less difficult. I'll be hoping that ASOH, UF, Wire, and Bad are the four that make it.

hi gump. i see you are escaping geneva. i'm about to go back, except that my flight might get snowed in on this end....

Sorry to hear that - I hope your flight won't get too delayed.

I'm heading back early next week.

hey, gump can I stow away with you? :lol: I'll be good and quiet.

btw ax this was a really interesting article (albeit one i'm only half through)

An Oral History of the Bush White House | vanityfair.com

Ooh, that looks interesting, I'll definitely have a read through that. Thanks.

i weighed in on the survivor thing - i'd rather have simultaneous rounds, but nloth have more days to settle. do we need to start it right now?

To be a bit more blunt than I was in the Survivor thread, running the tournament can get really fucking tedious. A lot of people who've run the longer editions have said "never again", though I think the forum has learnt over the years to not bitch so much. Right now, I'm actually enthused about doing Best Song Survivor and I'd like to take advantage of that enthusiasm.

Luckily, I'm using a seeding system and the top four songs from UF all go through to the final, so that will hopefully make it a bit less difficult. I'll be hoping that ASOH, UF, Wire, and Bad are the four that make it.

I may vote for Promenade instead of Wire, but I agree with the other three. And I'll vote for Pride from the start.

I may vote for Promenade instead of Wire, but I agree with the other three. And I'll vote for Pride from the start.

Yeah, for me, it's a toss-up between Promenade and Wire. I love them both.

I'll be voting MLK from the start, though. I've quite a soft spot for the studio version of Pride, though I'd never rank it above about fifth or sixth on the album. When I was eleven and just starting to really get into U2 and music in general, Bad and Pride were my two favourite songs in the world.

Sure, I am allowed to take two 32kg bags in the plane. We can split you in half and we are good to go!

:up: There'll be a surgeon at the other end to put me back together, right?

:wink: Actually, I should see how much tickets to O-Town would be for around my b-day.

Have you guys read Bob Woodward's books on the Bush White House? I find it sloppy at times, but a good read nonetheless.

*squeal* :hyper: They're only $130! I spend more than that at the record store all the time!

To be a bit more blunt than I was in the Survivor thread, running the tournament can get really fucking tedious. A lot of people who've run the longer editions have said "never again", though I think the forum has learnt over the years to not bitch so much. Right now, I'm actually enthused about doing Best Song Survivor and I'd like to take advantage of that enthusiasm.
fair enough, go for it...maybe delay the nloth round and finals a bit?

:up: There'll be a surgeon at the other end to put me back together, right?

:wink: Actually, I should see how much tickets to O-Town would be for around my b-day.

Yes, the Swiss are very good at that. I mean, look at the watches they make.

Yeah, for me, it's a toss-up between Promenade and Wire. I love them both.

I'll be voting MLK from the start, though. I've quite a soft spot for the studio version of Pride, though I'd never rank it above about fifth or sixth on the album. When I was eleven and just starting to really get into U2 and music in general, Bad and Pride were my two favourite songs in the world.

I think Pride is a perfectly good song, but since it's been overplayed and with poor performances, it has sort of ruined my enjoyment of the studio version. MLK is my least favorite one after Pride.

fair enough, go for it...maybe delay the nloth round and finals a bit?

Yeah, might be a good idea. I've already rigged the draw so that NLOTH is as late as possible.

I might start with consecutive rounds and if I get tired of it dragging out, switch to simultaneous ones.

Have you guys read Bob Woodward's books on the Bush White House? I find it sloppy at times, but a good read nonetheless.
nope, and i ahve several other bush whitehouse books i haven't managed to read either, :( time time time. oh well, nightmare's over.

nope, and i ahve several other bush whitehouse books i haven't managed to read either, :( time time time. oh well, nightmare's over.

I think the books benefit from the access he had. The fact that he relies mostly on oral accounts makes some of the claims a bit weaker. I like that Woodward does not seem ideologically biased on one way or another, which tend to be the case on most analyses of Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom