Best With or Without You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whatever the version was from 89/90 that used top be on Napster as With Or Without You (Acoustic version)....which wasn't acoustic but did have a great extended solo from Edge and Bono's voice in amazing form. Stunning. Best on DVD is ZooTv Sydney.

whatever the version was from 89/90 that used top be on Napster as With Or Without You (Acoustic version)....which wasn't acoustic but did have a great extended solo from Edge and Bono's voice in amazing form. Stunning. Best on DVD is ZooTv Sydney.
How on earth is WOWY ZooTV Sydney better than the Rattle&Hum version?

Great versions are: Rosemount 1987, Los Angeles 1987, Rattle&Hum 1987, Dublin 26/12/1989, East Rutherford 1992, Rotterdam 1992, Washington 1992.:drool:

Album version as I heard it for the first time. That is, coming home from somewhere - I forget exactly, sitting in the backseat of my mom's car (I was 13 or 14 and she was driving), it was nighttime, and we were pulling into our driveway. When that song started playing on the radio, it was like all other sound just stopped. That beginning is so f'ing cool - spooky. I have a very specific memory of it. I remember staying home from school 'sick' the next day and listening to the radio which played the song about a hundred times. By far my favorite U2 song, and by far one of their shining moments. It is no wonder it was single 1 from JT which was the album that made U2 who they are in showbiz today. Kickass.

A lot of people seem to think the Sydney Zoo tv performance was pretty lame in comparison with some of the notable performances stated above. I am not sure this is the case as Bono shows amazing passion and intensity which is clearly there for all to see on the DVD.

The Joshua tree Paris performance is up there as well.

Anything from Zoo TV up to and including Cardiff (Zooropa). That's the last Zoo show with Shine like Stars.

Dublin Point Depot 12-26-1989
ZooTV Washington 1992
one of the Japan 2006 versions of it is really good...can't remember which one...pretty much any Japan version of it will do though :up:

The chord playing in the album version to end the song is spectacular. I would consider the album version as the best.

I think Stockholm 92 (Dancing ZOOTV) is very good.. come to think of it, I'll put it on now.

Back
Top Bottom