Best Streets Intro/Snippet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge58

The Fly
On the 360 tour Bono had many snippets before Where the Streets Have No Name what was your favorite. Mine would have to be Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.:bono:

I've only seen Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow live, and my, that really was amazing. Just brought Streets to another level that night.

Out of all the videos I've seen (and based on the show I went to), Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow is my favorite. I saw videos of Hallelujah and that looked great as well.

Amazing Grace was not that bad, but I'm glad Bono changed snippets for most of the 2nd North American leg. :wink:

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow- Gorgeous

Blowin In The Wind- Also gorgeous.

Hallelujah-Very good

Amazing Grace- Excellent, but glad they didn't wear it out by keeping it too long!

I was able to see Amazing Grace, Love me tomorrow, and (one of the lucky few) Blowin' In The Wind.

Out of those three, I'd have to say Blowin' In The Wind was by far my favorite. It was so beautiful and so special for Bono to sing that in honor of Bob Dylan.

But behind that Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? is my favorite. That was beautiful as well and really lifted Streets up even higher than I thought it could ever be.

My personal preference though, would have been to have Bono sing a different snippet as the Streets Intro each night, but alas, one can dream :drool:

Rain, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow or Unchained Melody. I like all three.

minneapolis....hallelujah + purple rain + ending with singing in the rain. best ever

I saw Amazing Grace, Hallelujah and Will you still love me tomorrow.

Hallelujah was easily the best of the three for me, then Amazing Grace, then Will you Still love me Tomorrow.

They were all excellent, though.

I liked the Jerusalem bit, but only as a one-off thing. It didn't work as a transition, but it was a good moment, good crowd singalong.

Glastonbury was a low point for me, tbh.

Definitely. Even considering the screwed-up intro of EBTTRT they did, and the fact they played GOYB (which everyone in the crowd seemed to hate) everything about Streets that night is what made it not as magical as it could've been. Too early, too many mistakes in the intro (even Edge had trouble getting into it in the beginning) and too many changed lines in the lyrics. :sad:

That it still managed to get the crowd going shows how good of a live-song it is.

Muse did it 10 times better the year before thats what was so sad. Another band had to show everyone what an amazing moment Streets could be at Glastonbury!

a lacklustre streets sort of summed up MOST of the gig for me, and only added salt to the wound of slashing half the setlist compared to the gigs they were playing in America at the time.

but the INTRO, was just shocking I thought...really, really sloppy...it was as if Bono went on too long and the organ had to be kept down then just faded in from nowhere and Edge was caught off guard. I mean I know bands are human but to see U2 adding that to a growing list of howlers they'd already made that night (Real Thing intro, The Fly ending) was very sad. Open with it or bring it in to the end of the main set but 6th song in at your first festival in over 20 years is suicide.

mostly a good gig though...

and only added salt to the wound of slashing half the setlist compared to the gigs they were playing in America at the time..

Wasn't that expected, though? I thought even the headliners didn't get a full 2-hour set like they were doing their own show.

Wasn't that expected, though? I thought even the headliners didn't get a full 2-hour set like they were doing their own show.

a few here assumed they would just play a shorter set, and I'm embarrassed to say many of us replied with pretty much "noooo, how many times?? ALL headliners play a full set" :lol:

but only because it's sort of unwritten and assumed by most people that bands have an official time slot but always just play their full set more or less. encores etc. I've never seen a band stick strictly to their slot (maybe 5-10 minutes over) like U2 did at glasto. Eavis even said they were fine to play "a few encores" in the weeks running up to it.

yet they just kept to their 1 hour 45 minutes, so a few of us were left a bit a) disappointed b) red faced after INSISTING they'd play the whole 360 set on here!

.....bastards. :wink:

u2 aren't really good at this sorta thing lately...

case in point, rock hall of fame concerts. bruce is given thursday's headline spot, u2 is given friday's headline spot.

bruce's set...
1. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out
2. Hold On I’m Comin w/ Sam Moore
3. Soul Man w/ Sam Moore
4. The Ghost of Tom Joad w/ Tom Morello
5. Fortunate Son w/ John Fogerty
6. Proud Mary w/ John Fogerty
7. Oh. Pretty Woman w/ John Fogerty
8. Jungleland
9. A Fine, Fine Boy w/ Darlene Love
10. Da Doo Ron Ron w/ Darlene Love
11. London Calling w/ Tom Morello
12. Badlands w/ Tom Morello
13. You May Be Right w/ Billy Joel
14. Only the Good Die Young w/ Billy Joel
15. New York State of Mind w/ Billy Joel
16. Born To Run w/ Billy Joel
17. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher w/ Darlene Love, John Fogerty, Tom Morello, Billy Joel, Jackson Browne & Peter Wolf

and then we have U2's set...
1. Vertigo
2. Magnificent
3. Because the Night w/ Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith
4. Because the Night w/ Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith ('cause they fucked it up the first time)
5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For w/ Bruce Springsteen & Roy Brittan
6. Mysterious Ways/Where Is the Love/One w/ The Black Eyed Peas
7. Gimme Shelter w/ Mick Jagger, Fergie & Will.I.Am
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of w/ Mick Jagger
9. Beautiful Day

Back
Top Bottom