Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm funny discussion.

Based on the facts (seating charts) I conclude that:
-In AMsterdam is probably 10,000 or more at 30 euros.
-In Milan/Paris it's clearly <<10,000 at 30 euros.

Now if someone says that 'at least 10,000' tickets in the house go for the cheapest price, then someone is not talking the complete truth (which we call lying).

I personally think it's pretty lame to call your tour the 360 tour....and not even make sections surrounding the stage at floor level accessible at all....not only that, I got the impression that this claw structure would be centralized...it's barely centered at all :|

:yes:

i would agree and say elevation AND vertigo were both MORE 360 than this tour is. :shrug:

and if this is answered somewhere else, please forgive me...but i have a question...

when the shows in europe, a'dam etc went onsale...were there two different GA price tiers? or just one? i know this price isn't right cuz they're euros, but for example did they sell GA at 30 AND 50 or was it just one single price??

It seemed to me that you were dismissing the complaint, and I was trying to explain why I felt it was an important enough issue to discuss.

It's not so much that I'm dismissing the complaint it's just that:

1) I will not make any assumptions or accusations based on an article from billboard that already had some glaring mistakes in it and makes a point of not putting quotations marks around Arthur Fogels remarks (even though they do make a point of using "quotes" in other parts of the article.) Based on recent history regarding "news" articles that spin the story or take shortcuts with facts makes me wary to take anything printed from a news article at face value. Although personally, I believe that they will try and live up to the 10,000 ticket @ US$30 goal, I wouldn't use this particular article to prove any points or throw anyone under the bus.

2) Based on the Milan seating chart the blue and yellow sections have an average price of US$34 and the combination of those two sections is probably close to 10,000 seats. Regarding the fact that the press release says 30 Euro, which is the equivalent of $23, I'm willing to give McGuinness the benefit of the doubt on that one, (i.e. he makes a mistake using Euro instead of USD or the article is misquoting which is not unknown for u2.com).

In conclusion, I don't feel I've been lied to.

Now if you choose to be so indignant or feel they have lied that's fine but you should also follow my earlier suggestion and complain to Arthur Fogel or Paul McGuinness or better yet to to the "press". I'm sure Contact Music or Perez Hilton would love this type of sensational story.

It's not so much that I'm dismissing the complaint it's just that:

1) I will not make any assumptions or accusations based on an article from billboard that already had some glaring mistakes in it and makes a point of not putting quotations marks around Arthur Fogels remarks (even though they do make a point of using "quotes" in other parts of the article.) Based on recent history regarding "news" articles that spin the story or take shortcuts with facts makes me wary to take anything printed from a news article at face value. Although personally, I believe that they will try and live up to the 10,000 ticket @ US$30 goal, I wouldn't use this particular article to prove any points or throw anyone under the bus.

2) Based on the Milan seating chart the blue and yellow sections have an average price of US$34 and the combination of those two sections is probably close to 10,000 seats. Regarding the fact that the press release says 30 Euro, which is the equivalent of $23, I'm willing to give McGuinness the benefit of the doubt on that one, (i.e. he makes a mistake using Euro instead of USD or the article is misquoting which is not unknown for u2.com).

1. The Paul McGuinness quote is from a press release on U2.com, not Billboard, so that should be reliable, no? And I've found that $30 quote on a press release as well, although it may take me time to find it.

2. You may need a new currency converter. 30 Euros converts to about $38, not $23.

3. I think you are referencing the Paris seating chart when you mention blue and yellow sections. Feel free to correct me, but only the blue section is 30 Euros (> $38), so I'm not sure why you would combine it with the yellow section to come up with the 10,000 seat total. Maybe because you were using a bad currency conversion? :wink:

1. The Paul McGuinness quote is from a press release on U2.com, not Billboard, so that should be reliable, no? And I've found that $30 quote on a press release as well, although it may take me time to find it.

2. You may need a new currency converter. 30 Euros converts to $38.70, not $23.

3. I think you are referencing the Paris seating chart when you mention blue and yellow sections. Feel free to correct me, but only the blue section is 30 Euros ($38.70), so I'm not sure why you would combine it with the yellow section to come up with the 10,000 seat total. Maybe because you were using a bad currency conversion? :wink:

That's why I mention Arthur Fogel/Billboard in # 1 and McGuiness/U2.com in # 2. Not sure how long you've been following u2.com but they're not exactly know for their reliability.

Yeah, I was converting euros into us by mistake. The bottom line is that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I imagine you must have been one of the people denouncing U2 during the last presale, right before they fixed everything no?

Like I said, why don't you report this to the press, it's obviously bothering you a lot!

That's why I mention Arthur Fogel/Billboard in # 1 and McGuiness/U2.com in # 2. Not sure how long you've been following u2.com but they're not exactly know for their reliability.

Yeah, I was converting euros into us by mistake. The bottom line is that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I imagine you must have been one of the people denouncing U2 during the last presale, right before they fixed everything no?

Like I said, why don't you report this to the press, it's obviously bothering you a lot!

Let's assume for one second that the reporters at Billboard are competent enough not to misquote simple numbers, and that the computer folks at U2.com are competent enough to copy-and-paste from McGuinness' Word document into a web site press release.

I think false advertising is a big deal. Will it turn me off so much that I don't see them on this tour? Maybe, maybe not.

When the band's management is dishonest to the fans, it does bother me a lot, but not because I need to see U2 vilified in the press.

And I've never been a member of U2.com (I've always felt that the benefits of membership didn't justify the yearly cost), but I was a Propaganda member. Ah, the good old days!

Photo: meazza stadium in milan © Albo #262651

This photo has zoom feature strong enough to count every seat in a section. Multiplying by the number of section will give us a fairly accurate number of tickets.

The Stadium Guide - Stadio San Siro (Stadio Giuseppe Meazza)

There's 16 sections on each side, give or take odd shaped corner sections. For a total of 32 sections at the cheapest price.

I'm only coming up with 8,000. 10 rows x 25 seat rows x 32 sections = 8k.

:ohmy:

you counted the seats?

I think false advertising is a big deal. Will it turn me off so much that I don't see them on this tour? Maybe, maybe not.

When the band's management is dishonest to the fans, it does bother me a lot, but not because I need to see U2 vilified in the press.

I think this is just sad...

You have no clue where, if or when the communication break down occurred, you don't know if it was with Live Nation, the band, the venue, etc...

Yet you're already calling people liars and conteplating not seeing the tour because of this... sad.

12464s_a.gif

There's how it will be for Croke Park, no behind the stage sitting (Because there's no seats there in reality :lol:)

why don0t they call it The "Same Stadium Tour, but with people paying to watch our backs and asses" Tour

I'm still confused as to how this claw structure will be implemented...I mean there has to be quite a few places around the stadium where the view is just complete shit because of this structure....whether we're talkin about just a bad angle at a lower level or being too high and not being able to see the band looking down...and then throw in all the possible shitty angles from that height...I don't know...maybe they tried to do too much? Maybe not. I hope they can pull it off. I know we've talked about this before...but damn, I'm really unsure as to how this will all pan out.

I'm sure there's still quite a bit we haven't seen yet, but in terms of production, do you guys see this tour being as big, bigger than or smaller than ZooTV or Popmart?

do the different 'levels' reflect different prices? In that case it's quite a different setup compared to Amsterdamned. Gothenburg, Milan...
Also it's clear here that within the ring is GA (was not shown in previous drawings) and that there is no behind stage GA. So indeed quite similar to previous Tour setups..

do the different 'levels' reflect different prices? In that case it's quite a different setup compared to Amsterdamned. Gothenburg, Milan...
Also it's clear here that within the ring is GA (was not shown in previous drawings) and that there is no behind stage GA. So indeed quite similar to previous Tour setups..

It's basically a US indoor setup transformed into a stadium structure; very smart indeed; selling out an entire stadium and taking full advantage of the GA area.
360 degrees simply means that the stage will be visible from all sides.

Wow. I rarely ever bitch or speak negatively when it comes to U2 ... but, I must say this stage set up confuses me too. I mean, I don't see how it is different to Vertigo ... when they talked of being in the round, I imagined the stage in the middle of the stadium. But this just looks like the same end stage set up, with people paying for the back view.
Also, from the Wembley diagram, looks like you can pay 250 bucks to be a mile away in the lower level across from the stage...which we all know U2 will look like ants.
Ugh, oh well. For the first time in 22 years, I feel less excited than ever to see my favorite band in the world!!!!!!! (Of course, I still hope to be able to see one or 2 shows this leg. :D)

Back
Top Bottom