Best Song Survivor: October Round VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Tomorrow. I live too far away to have received a muffin anyways, and I didn't know that so many people were voting for Rejoice. That's so wrong. :(

Hmm. I live too far away for muffins :down:
So to be honest, I like Gloria least out of these four. Although voting for it isn't going to change anything...:shrug:

Rejoice.

I'll be voting for Tomorrow in the next round, but I don't expect it to go anywhere.

Because everything else is superior.

October is not superior. And I like October. But it's a short piano piece with a couple of lyrics, whereas Rejoice is a fantastic rocker that is arguably better than Gloria.

1. Rejoice
2. Gloria
3. Tomorrow
4. October

PFan's dead right here. C'mon people, don't vote off the wrong song.

October is not superior. And I like October. But it's a short piano piece with a couple of lyrics, whereas Rejoice is a fantastic rocker that is arguably better than Gloria.

1. Rejoice
2. Gloria
3. Tomorrow
4. October

Rejoice suffers from the same thing all of the harder tracks (save Gloria) on October do: unfinished lyrics and a noticeable lack of direction. Compare Rejoice, With A Shout, and Is That All to Twilight, Out Of Control, and Electric Co, and what the former three lack becomes painfully obvious. Most of October's rockers are poorly arranged and don't break any ground musically.

October's title track is a perfect example of everything I like about the album; it shows the band expanding their musical palette very successfully, and, in more subjective terms, I just think it's really pretty.

I'll bake muffins for everybody who votes for October (and in the next round, Tomorrow) if we can successfully get Rejoice through to the finals. Seriously, if you live in or visit the Melbourne area, I will bake you a muffin.

Go on, you know you want a muffin.

I hate muffins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom