Best and weirdest U2 video clips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vlad n U 2

Blue Crack Addict
We know that U2 have made some really interesting video clips for their songs, which ones do you think are the best and the weirdest?

Best:
The Fly- I just like it a lot somehow, in the dark cage and all. :up:

Weirdest:
Discotheque- Made me laugh especially in the chorus when you see them doing some disco moves and the "village people" part :lol:, great song anyways. :love:

I'm fond of the video for Beautiful Day. It was the first U2 music video I ever saw and I still really like it. Bono walking around being an ass = entertaining.

Also, isn't it the video for A Celebration where Bono is wearing those ridiculous red sweatpants? That is classic evidence that Bono doesn't know what the fuck he's doing when he leaves the house in the morning.

Best - Lemon (didn't like/'get' the song before seeing the video), Stuck (the football one, which I love, thankyouverymuch :grumpy: ).

Weird - Numb.

Damn, I forgot about Numb.

That is definitely U2's best music video. But come to think of it, they haven't really made very many good ones in their career have they?

I think most of their music videos are weird. Some of them are confusing the hell out of me.

I like the One video, the Anton Corbijn version, and the Original Of The Species video.

A Celebration is the best, no question.
Lemon, Stay, Numb, Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly and Where The Streets Have no name are the best ones.
Sorry, COBL but I think the US Stuck video is f@@king horrible, worst thing they have ever done.

One (Corbjin) and Electrical Storm could have been great videos if the band hadn't insisted on including so much footage of themselves playing.

Gloria - Best and Wierdest

Something awesome about it. The whole tear down the fence and look like rebels is a really cool image of early U2, but it makes no fuckin' sense!

Love the colourful barge floatin through Dublin, and Edge's dodgy pants, Bono's extraordinary hair, and the song is just a fucking phenomenon in itself.

I've always liked the Lemon video with the subtitles and movements.:love:

Best=NUMB!
Discotheque, its good to see the band have fun and do stupid things.

Weirdest= Last Night on Earth

Best: Beautiful Day (always #1 for me), The Fly, Numb, Stay, LEEEMON, Discothèque, Streets, TUF, Both WITS, NYD

Weirdest: Numb, Discothèque

Elevation I actually liked a lot, I still do... :wink: maybe something about men in leather, but still..
I love the video for Stay, it just fits the song perfectly, black and white...

the weirdest... well as been said before, in WTF sense AIWIY :lol: I wonder if the director himself knew what he was doing!
:love: Numb and Discothéque are pretty much weird too! yet pretty awesome!

Sorry, COBL but I think the US Stuck video is f@@king horrible, worst thing they have ever done.

Have to say I agree, Stuck is pretty ordinary, I get really embarrassed when I watch it :huh: but on the sunny side :wink: I love NUMB (makes me giggle), With or Without You (wow!) and Even Better Than The Real Thing and of their really early stuff :up: to whomever mentioned GLORIA - it still has the power to knock your socks off :hyper:

Weird: edit:UTEOTW video.

Best: Streets, WOWY, One (the bar version), Stay and maybe BD from the 00's.

Hmmm...One is beautiful. I never get bored watching that video.
Elevation is fun - although everyone looks a little uncomfortable in it.
Streets is historic.
WGRYWH is slightly disappointing- it had a lot of potential but it just fell flat for me.
The Fly is sexy!!

I think its a toss up between Discotecque and Lemon for the weirdest.

Staring at the Sun was also quite good to watch, especially with the "sun" outline of the members. :up:

Staring at the Sun was also quite good to watch, especially with the "sun" outline of the members. :up:

SATS is cool, but they could have made a better one for the song. I need to put the Mike Hedges mix on top of the video one of these days and see the results.

LNOE is quite interesting with the old cars in the US.
Beautiful Day is quite simple but very impressive, especially with Bonos antics.
City Of Blinding Lights impresses me too. :drool:

One of the standouts for me is the Stay (Faraway, So Close!) video. Its so beautiful, (just as much as the song) with the band members trying to help another band how to play music. Beautiful video clip. :up:

Back
Top Bottom