Best Album Survivor: Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be perfectly honest, I could've voted for over half the options - the only albums I definitely won't touch yet are Boy, UF, and JT. I used to have such a stable ranking of U2's albums, but now beyond the aforementioned three (and Passengers), I just cherry-pick the songs I like and my ranking has faded a bit. But since this round is really a battle of War vs NLOTH, I went NLOTH.

Both are a bit patchy. Both have one huge dud - Red Light and Stand Up Comedy, though the former is worse. But nothing on NLOTH can even hope to compare to songs like New Year's Day or Like A Song; War's high points are much higher, and in terms of overall level of quality, I think it comes out just ahead. And NLOTH really has not stood the test of time with me ... according to last.fm, I haven't listened to it in full since 2009, and nothing at all from it in 2012. :lol:

I've been bored of SBS and NYD for a while now, so War exits before NLOTH for me.

Final results prediction:
Achtung Baby
The Joshua Tree
Zooropa
Pop
The Unforgettable Fire
Boy
No Line on the Horizon
War
etc

No Line on the Horizon every time until it's gone from now on. Especially if it hangs around past War.

Aw, I missed the beginning of this tournament. I like these things.

I voted War. It's my least favorite U2 album out of all. I just never feel the urge to listen to it.

For some reason I never really listen to War and as such I've been thinking that I'll vote it off quite early. However listening to it this morning, hearing New years Day, SBS, Two hearts, drowning Man, 40, I even love the Refugee!! I remember what a masive album this was for them and how great it is.

The other album I was thinking of voting off next is NLOTH, and although it was a marked improvement on Bomb and has many great songs, it also has two tracks that I'd be happy to never hear again.

As such it has to be NLOTH

Easily War. The brilliance of the first half of the album, can't compensate for the ordinariness of the second half. Only Rattle and Hum has worse sequences of songs.

NLOTH or TUF.

You're insane, Interference.

*edit* I see it's War, not TUF. Okay, you're not that insane.

Galeongirl said:
:sad: It's such a shame to see one of my favourite albums be the one to die next.

It's one of my favorites, too. I feel very strongly about trying to keep it in.

Jick hated War? I thought his big target was Pop?

How do we know he didn't just come back under another name?

#Jick66

You busted me! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Better report me.
If you don't know where the report button is, I'm sure there's someone on here who's quite familiar with it that can help you find it. :lmao: :ohsnap:

Galeongirl said:
:shifty: Can't you rig the poll or something? That people can't vote for it anymore or something...

I can go around Austin to different public Internet spots and register a drone from each, so that they're all on unique IPs and the admins won't find them. :wink:

(For the record, I have no intention of actually doing this or anything like this. Having an enjoyable contest matters much more to me than one of my favorite albums doing well in it. My other favorite albums, AB, TUF, Zooropa, and Pop, will all probably do quite well.)

I'm thinking if No Line goes next, I'll be voting for Pop. I like War a bit more than Pop and about evenly with Zooropa. Either way, those would be the next three to go for me. Save Boy!

So I suppose those who like War more than multiple albums and want to save it, and Pop is one of those albums you like less than War, it might be the thing to vote for next time.

You may be on to something, because past comments from members reminds me the Zooropa clan is well represented here.

I actually didn't vote strategically to save War in this round. NLOTH is my least favorite at this point, with Zooropa coming in close behind it. Then Pop. Then...well at that point my head hurts :lol:

The top four albums of the list are my favourite four in different order, so yeah. I'll be voting in the bottom regions for a while. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom