Bath, Somerset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traviud's up to no good, people!

Not much happening here, now that things have quietened down after the tour announcement and that first night of the U2 3 Nights Live thing. How's the tour announcement treated you?

Traviud's up to no good, people!

Not much happening here, now that things have quietened down after the tour announcement and that first night of the U2 3 Nights Live thing. How's the tour announcement treated you?

Yeah, lock up your daughters. That's what you guys did before, right? :wink:

A lot going on this summer/fall, Ax. A whole fucking lot. And I think seeing U2 might be stretching expenses a bit thin. However, there's nothing wrong with the tour announcement itself; they're well enough in reach, so no complaints there. What I really want to do is hit up the Soldier Field gig with Ashley and NSW, but that would take a miracle at this point.

Yeah, lock up your daughters. That's what you guys did before, right? :wink:

A lot going on this summer/fall, Ax. A whole fucking lot. And I think seeing U2 might be stretching expenses a bit thin. However, there's nothing wrong with the tour announcement itself; they're well enough in reach, so no complaints there. What I really want to do is hit up the Soldier Field gig with Ashley and NSW, but that would take a miracle at this point.

I'm worried if I have any daughters I need to lock up. :uhoh:

Ah, righto. Would be cool if you guys could somehow make that Chicago gig happen. I remember you mentioned you'll be in England early July - thought of hitting a European gig?

Looks like expenses will be too much for me to make it to the US this year. Ah well. Europe should be fucking awesome at any rate.

I'm worried if I have any daughters I need to lock up. :uhoh:

Ah, righto. Would be cool if you guys could somehow make that Chicago gig happen. I remember you mentioned you'll be in England early July - thought of hitting a European gig?

Looks like expenses will be too much for me to make it to the US this year. Ah well. Europe should be fucking awesome at any rate.

Well, you've pretty much just been here for the past year, so I would know about as well as you would.

Those bastards are playing Croke Park on July 24th, and I'll be leaving on the 5th, so I missed the boat on this one. I flashed a scowl that would make Larry squirm when I saw that.

Well, fuck, that's a shame. But I can certainly relate. Did my eyes deceive me, or will Ali be joining you on your adventure?

Those bastards are playing Croke Park on July 24th, and I'll be leaving on the 5th, so I missed the boat on this one. I flashed a scowl that would make Larry squirm when I saw that.

Well, fuck, that's a shame. But I can certainly relate. Did my eyes deceive me, or will Ali be joining you on your adventure?

You don't fancy going to the opener in Barcelona? I'd love to do that, but I've nobody to go with, and the timing isn't good for me anyway.

And damn, that means you're leaving only a matter of days before I get to Europe. Oh well, I'm looking at some sort of North American jaunt in 2010 anyway.

Alison's actually been planning a Europe trip longer than I have. It makes sense for us to co-ordinate things pretty closely ... I'll probably end up doing a show or two more than her, though, since the current plan is that she'll go spend a week with friends in England while I'll stay on the continent hanging out with Renato, Vazza, and GG2, and see the Paris gigs with Renato.

You don't fancy going to the opener in Barcelona? I'd love to do that, but I've nobody to go with, and the timing isn't good for me anyway.

And damn, that means you're leaving only a matter of days before I get to Europe. Oh well, I'm looking at some sort of North American jaunt in 2010 anyway.

Alison's actually been planning a Europe trip longer than I have. It makes sense for us to co-ordinate things pretty closely ... I'll probably end up doing a show or two more than her, though, since the current plan is that she'll go spend a week with friends in England while I'll stay on the continent hanging out with Renato, Vazza, and GG2, and see the Paris gigs with Renato.

Oh, you know I would indeed love to do that, but I'm going to be in Europe for 10 days, and it's going to be pretty tightly coordinated. Realistically the only chance I'm going to have available to me to see U2 is DC (somewhat likely) or Chicago (highly unlikely, but extremely awesome to think about).

Excellent! That is a pretty awesome schedule you have set up. I wish I could hang out in Europe for a couple of months, but money is going to run out quick. Ugh...it's not as if I'm going to have anything to do once I get back. :lol:

Oh, you know I would indeed love to do that, but I'm going to be in Europe for 10 days, and it's going to be pretty tightly coordinated. Realistically the only chance I'm going to have available to me to see U2 is DC (somewhat likely) or Chicago (highly unlikely, but extremely awesome to think about).

Excellent! That is a pretty awesome schedule you have set up. I wish I could hang out in Europe for a couple of months, but money is going to run out quick. It's not as if I'm going to have anything to do once I get back. :lol:

Oh bugger, that sucks. Well, good luck on getting to one of the US dates. Indeed, good luck on getting certainty on when they're even happening ... cannot believe U2.com's ineptitude with posting one list only to remove half of it.

I've some pretty good savings, so that's helping, and the fact I can stay with people or split hotels is really keeping costs down. I'm sure I'll come home financially drained, but it'll be fucking worth it. I mean, what else am I going to do, sit at home on my own through July?

Right now, I'd like anything I'm not allergic to! The desire to cook has entirely left me today.

Guess I'll end up making a pizza or something once I get really desperate in 3 hours.

I don't suppose there's been any respecting lately? I prefer not to wade into PLEBA with no assurance of reward.

:wave: Hi All! Just a quicky from me tonight...had a shocker of a headache the past two days which is finally relenting tonight. I slept all day :reject: because I felt so bad :(

4am!? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, KIM! :hug:

4am starts, Kim? Good lord.

:crack: Yeah, don't marry a concrete layer boys....wait.....:giggle:

He had a pour up in central auckland, we couldn't risk the trucks getting held up in traffic so they started early. Monday was a false start as it was raining, but had to get up all the same. Today was all go. Went back to sleep at about 5am but it's never the same after being up at that time, and I woke feeling like dog shit.

:crack: Yeah, don't marry a concrete layer boys....wait.....:giggle:

He had a pour up in central auckland, we couldn't risk the trucks getting held up in traffic so they started early. Monday was a false start as it was raining, but had to get up all the same. Today was all go. Went back to sleep at about 5am but it's never the same after being up at that time, and I woke feeling like dog shit.

Maybe Mr G needs to look into a better job with more reasonable hours!

I like the idea of being an academic who can specify afternoon hours like more than one lecturer I've known ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom