Bad vs UTEOTW live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Bad' encompasses everything that creates the U2 experience: Beautiful imagery, a building of tension, a release of tension - a pulse - and an explosiveness as bright as the sun. The spirit of U2 is found in every breath of this song - sincerity, poetry, contradiction, surrender - all transcended through the sounds they somehow caught in a bottle: the two notes of silver; the hynotic purcussin; the cry from a man who sounds like he's screaming to get out of prison - and mostly, how the walls dissolve into pure lifeblood and light. This is the essence of U2.

As great as 'Until The End of the World' is, it doesn't go where 'Bad' manages to go - a place that runs toward heaven and away from at what seems to be the same time.

The thing is BAD has seen much better days and until the.... continually sounds fresh and dynamic. The only place BAD takes me these days is to sleep.

Bad is my favorite song of all time, no matter the band, followed by Pictures of You by the Cure and Message in a Bottle by the Police. Live it's incredible. My favorite is the Live Aid marathon version.

UTEOTW is a great song and live it rocks, but nothing compared to Bad.

Harry Vest said:
BAD you fools!!!

Okay, whatever you say! :happy:

I love both but these days I find the long extended versions of Bad just boring. As vaz said, it puts me to sleep. UTEOTW still hasn't gotten tiring for me.

Until the End of the World at times can be more...i dunno...about the showmanship whereas Bad is more about the inner feeling and meaning of the song.

UTEOTW kicks ass live, but Bad is just on another level really.

Bad / Ruby Tuesday / Sympathy for the Devil

:drool:

RademR said:
God this is impossible.

UTEOTW....it's never dull.

-Zoo was awesome with "is this rock n roll"?
-Popmart kicked ass right after Last Night on Earth.
-Elevation was killer with the bull fight thing between Bono and Edge.

Haven't seen the Popmart version, but the ZooTV and Elevation (espeically Slane) versions awesome.

Call me crazy but Bad has lost it's luster with me, not as timeless as some of my other favorite songs I guess. UTEOTW will kick your ass with a smile on it's face.

This is really hard, probably because we're comparing two songs that are very different. I choose BOTH, I wouldn't want just one of them.

Bad is a great song but live compared to UTEOTW.... it belongs to JC and Judas:wink:

Until the End of the World kicks ass. Bad is good, but Until is simply too rocking mighty.

unfair to choose but Bad all the way. The wide awake in america version is why i fell in love with U2

Bad, its the song that made me a fan. Its the perfect climax to their live shows, thats why they played it last at so many shows this tour.

UTEOTW easily for me. I love Bad but it can feel a touch sluggish at times wheras UTEOTW just breathlessly rocks all the way through, and when it segues into New Years Day on Zoo TV/Popmart :drool: :drool: :drool:

When It's live I vote for Bad. I think that UTEOTW lost its energy and atmosphere on Vertigo tour

U2lunatic said:
I think that UTEOTW lost its energy and atmosphere on Vertigo tour

Huh??? Did you see the performances on the 3rd leg when Bono chases Edge over the ellipse and it has a rocking extended ending?

Vertigo Tour featured truly amazing performances of the song.

I used to think UTEOTW, but after seeing the Boston DVD, and having Bad played at the concert I was at, I have to change my mind. I agree with all the others who have said it just takes you to another place. :drool:

BAD - the song that took them from a great band to an untouchable, immortal, rock'n'roll superpower

UTEOTW has a habit of reinventing itself, BAD will always stay BAD.

Back
Top Bottom