Backstage at a U2 concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Managed to get a backstage pass for a friend and myself during one of the four Earls Court shows in August 2001. When the show finished, and everyone was either heading home or trying to talk their way backstage, we showed our passes and headed on through. It was an amazing set up, with VIP tents, truck loads of equipment and loads of people milling about. The band unfortunately had already gone, but we saw Joe O'Herily and Dallas Schoo and plenty of media types/minor celebrities. Apparently Jennifer Love Hewitt, Bryan Adams and a few guests were in the VIP tent which our passes didn't let us into. But we saw the area where the band relaxed before going on stage/come off stage and the sheer size of equipment being loaded onto the trucks. It was an amazing experience hindered only by not seeing the band backstage. Fortunately I met Bono and Edge in New York so it wasn't too bad.

I've had quite a few backstage passes, but there is a huge system in place for what type of pass you get. You can get a pass that lets you backstage and on the soundboard to watch the show. You can get a VIP pass so you can go into the hospitality suite (not sure that this is the VIP, it may just be IP!) Then there is the room that the stars are in, and the separate dressing rooms for the band. I've never been at those two so it's just what it looked like to me. But you can meet a lot of friends of the band backstage and they are all as nice as the band is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom