Back in 1997

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
I was 15 and staying with friends in Watford near London. The train ride from Watford to central London goes past Wembley and I knew U2 were playing a few dates there during this time. I was in what was then Tower Records in a shopping mall in Bayswater when I spotting a shaven haired guy. We got chatting and he noticed that I was holding an Oasis single. He mentioned that he was a member of U2's road crew and said that he could get backstage tickets so I could meet the band. I politely declined his offer but I still remember this meeting.

What do you think? Do you think he could've been genuine or just creep that thought I was that naive to fall for an alternative line of 'would you like a sweet' or 'do you want to see these adorable kittens that I have in my car?' It's a bit dodgy trying to pick up young girls.

article-1080636-023AEDFF000005DC-479_468x374.jpg

Hmmm... it depends. Did he have the door of his car open, with a stoner-looking assistant in the passenger seat holding a cheap camcorder?

Smart choice, sister. I think there are many different levels of road crew. Top of the ladder is Bono's cousin, the bald, skinny security guard (his name is escaping me!!), all the way down to truckers.

I can confirm that even truckers can score tix and special passes. Beside me on the rail in Minny 2011 were brutes' whose dad was a trucker. They had some sort of special pass, and seemingly got in earlier than the rest of GA. Mean jerks who only knew 1 U2 song, "It's a Beautiful Day". WTF. Yeah, don't mind me while I'm making my spiritual pilgrimage to Adam and the boys. But I digress

I was 15 and staying with friends in Watford near London. The train ride from Watford to central London goes past Wembley and I knew U2 were playing a few dates there during this time. I was in what was then Tower Records in a shopping mall in Bayswater when I spotting a shaven haired guy. We got chatting and he noticed that I was holding an Oasis single. He mentioned that he was a member of U2's road crew and said that he could get backstage tickets so I could meet the band. I politely declined his offer but I still remember this meeting.

What do you think? Do you think he could've been genuine or just creep that thought I was that naive to fall for an alternative line of 'would you like a sweet' or 'do you want to see these adorable kittens that I have in my car?' It's a bit dodgy trying to pick up young girls.

Well if he had malicious intentions he could've at least lied properly and said he was part of Oasis' road crew, seeing as you were holding an Oasis single.

Ah, the pleasures of being a rock star...

I was in what was then Tower Records in a shopping mall in Bayswater when I spotting a shaven haired guy. We got chatting and he noticed that I was holding an Oasis single. He mentioned that he was a member of U2's road crew and said that he could get backstage tickets so I could meet the band. I politely declined his offer but I still remember this meeting.

Oh, so weactually have met? What a small world.

You made the right decision obviously, unless he had them Achtung Baby condoms of course!

I would like to bring everyone's attention to BVS' post. He has chosen to make a joke, as opposed to his usual course of action, arguing. It is truly a historic moment. The interference equivalent of man landing on the moon.

Oh, so you did actually meet Cactus Annie and try to lure her into some lurid situation by pretending to be a U2 crew member?

I always knew you were bad news, BVS. :tsk:

i once drank cactus juice and puked my guts out all over the side of a beat up old van out in the mojave desert. We were swingers, naked and alone in our own blue-green haze, and i guess we'd gone just a bit too far that night (or was it day?). I remember it being hot, and a herd of dragons were slowly chasing us through no mans land until our van broke down and we decided to get back up off of our down. Life...

i once drank cactus juice and puked my guts out all over the side of a beat up old van out in the mojave desert. We were swingers, naked and alone in our own blue-green haze, and i guess we'd gone just a bit too far that night (or was it day?). I remember it being hot, and a herd of dragons were slowly chasing us through no mans land until our van broke down and we decided to get back up off of our down. Life...

...Or you were just drunk during the earthquake. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom