Aurora Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sis is having a party at the local pool for her five year old tomorrow. I can't think of a worse idea. All those people, the hot sun, crowded water, cranky folks. Luckily I have to work. Feel horrible missing yet another birthday though.

My sis is having a party at the local pool for her five year old tomorrow. I can't think of a worse idea. All those people, the hot sun, crowded water, cranky folks. Luckily I have to work. Feel horrible missing yet another birthday though.

I'd have totally scheduled myself in to work to dodge that too ...!

:lol:
Plus I have no bathers so couldn't go in the water. Seems to be impossible to find any that are halfway flattering and cost less than $60, a piece!

It is beyond me how togs manufacturers get away with charging so much for so little.

It is beyond me how togs manufacturers get away with charging so much for so little.

I know! The fabric, even if it's super fantastic quality couldn't be any more than $20 a metre, most would take about 30cm max for a top and bottom. Add in lining, a bit of elastic, some foam and maybe a shiny accessory and I fail to see how they can charge that much.

I know! The fabric, even if it's super fantastic quality couldn't be any more than $20 a metre, most would take about 30cm max for a top and bottom. Add in lining, a bit of elastic, some foam and maybe a shiny accessory and I fail to see how they can charge that much.

I'm surprised you haven't pilfered material from work and made your own!

Mmm, choc scone ... :drool:

Do I already have this awesome shoegaze?

Uh ... not sure I've given you Have A Nice Life or not (excuse shit band name). But I can roll with OTHER awesome shoegaze.

Did I at least furnish you wish some Ride, Swervedriver, or Chapterhouse?

Oh yes, I remember we listened to Ride on one of the long flights to/from Europe.

I'm in more of a Swervedriver mood though. Last Train To Satansville ... :drool:

I totally wish there were more shoegaze like this. The dream pop end of the spectrum has its place, but most dream pop shoegazers are pretty boring and don't have half the hooks of Slowdive.

Slowdive ... :drool:

Stuff like Ride and Swervedriver, at the heavier end, I find to be more consistently engaging.

Back
Top Bottom