August 20 and 21, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, hey just received an email from Lippu.fi this morning that saying that after reconfiguring the size of U2s stage structure, i.e. it's smaller than what they anticipated, some more tickets for both Helsinki shows will go on sale today at 9:00! According to the email there are 2500 tickets available for both nights for seating sections around and close to the stage. :up:

U2:n loppuunmyytyihin Helsingin konsertteihin on saatu vapautettua lisää lippuja myyntiin lavarakennelmien mittasuhteiden tarkennuttua.

Lisäpaikkoja on myynnissä noin 2500 kappaletta molemmille illoille ja ne ovat hyviltä paikoilta eri istumakatsomo-lohkoista.

Lisäliput myynnissä keskiviikkona 12.5. alkaen klo. 9.00!

Lippu.fi

Yay, U2 day today! :loveshower: Finland's YLE Teema TV channel will be airing a 1 hour long show of highlights from U2's 360 Rose Bowl concert at 21:20! :happydance:

Check out the Myspace page I started as one of the administrators of Finland's newly founded official U2 fan club going by the name of The Unforgettable Finland! :D

The Unforgettable Finland - TUFRY (Unforgettable Finland TUfry) | MySpace

You can also find us on Facebook

The Unforgettable Finland - TUF Ry | Facebook

And our website

U2 Finland

Come and join us, add us your friend, the more the merrier! :wave:

Thanks for the info Eastfly! :wave: I'm sorely tempted to buy a GA ticket for the Saturday show, I have seat ticket for behind the stage at the moment, but not sure if I have to stamina for two GA's in a row and also I really want to see what the show looks like from the stands! :hmm:

Thanks for the info Eastfly! :wave:

no problem, I`ve got GA`s for both shows, I`m going to queue early for the first show to see everything on stage in front of me, but for the second day, I`d like to see a bit of Helsinki and I will go to the stadium on the late afternoon. I try to get a place near the soundboard to see the whole stage and to listen for the best sound as possible (not for taping :sexywink:).

Hi everybody!! :wave:
Tonight is THE NIGHT... U2 come back!

I'm from Italy and I just say that I'll be in Helsinki with 10 friends of mine from 18 to 22 August
We're so exited!!
Finland is a very beautiful place :heart:

Does anyone know rumors about the hotel where U2 will stay in Helsinki?
we would want to meet them, if possible.....:)
It will be my only gig...and my last chance

Anyone can get me more info about the concert's venue, as well as the times, accesses, gates, etc ? :)

thanks hc :)

Italian 'FIN U2 Tour Team' is coming.....:D :heart:

We leave on Sunday 15/08, first a little tour nearby Helsinki region ad then... u2 gigs!!

U2 concerts timetable

At 16:00 the outer gates will be opened and at which time there will be a security check
At 17:00 the gates to the Olympic Stadium will be opened
Approximately at 19.15 Razorlight will come on stage
At about 20.45 it's U2 :hyper:
At 23:00 concert ends at the latest

To speed up entry into the outer stadium area, security checks will start at the outer gates about 16:00. After entry into the outer stadium area you will be able go to U2's merchandise stores. The ticket checks at the inner gates are due to start at around 17:00 after which you'll be able to enter the actual stadium.

The times of when the acts are estimated to start and are subject to change! :angry: (it better not be raining!)

The public is advised to come early, because there will an estimated audience of 50 000 and may take a lot of time to find your seat. In addition, security checks may cause long queues! (don't we know it! :rolleyes: )

Helsinkiolympicstadium.jpg

Traffic

The audience is advised to come to the stadium by foot or by public transport, as paid parking space is very limited around the area of the stadium and car park place costs is 15 € per car. There is no parking allowed on the road Mäntymâenitie. In addition the road Hammarkoldintie is closed to general traffic between 6:00-24:00.

There's only a limited number of paid parking for busses around the stadium ground. Bus parking costs 40 € per bus.

What you're not allowed to bring into the stadium:

-umbrellas - if it's raining, disposable rain jackets are on sale at the stadium.
- lasers
- alcohol
- bottles, cans & jars
- weapons, fireworks
- video recorders, tape recorders, SLR cameras (ordinary digital cameras and cellphones are allowed)
- camping chairs and other hazardous materials and/or equipment are strictly prohibited.

Cloakroom

Outside the stadium are cloakrooms (tents), where you can leave your goods in storage.

Ear Protection

Ear plugs are recommend! Earplugs are also sold at the stadium.

Hope this information is helpful and if there's anything you're still unclear about, just ask. :wink: Although one thing, we've been having a major heat wave here with temps between 22 - 30 degrees Celsius, and it looks as though it will warm next week too, so winter boots or coats necessary! :D

ps Do you know Wich are the entry gates for the pitch?
We have GA standing tickets

(thank you for the plan)

Yes, trust me it's very warm here now, most summers with the odd exception (last summer!) are usually very warm but short, makes up for the long cold winters. May be a summer jacket/raincoat or cardigan that you can put on after the show might be advised and according to the 5 day weather prediction, up to wednesday night, the temps are still between 19 - 25 degrees Celsius.

About the entry for the pitch, I'm not entirely sure myself about that coz the last time I went to see U2 in Helsinki back 1997, I was up in the stands on the left hand size of the stage. But do you see the square of white on right hand size of the stadium, between stands 52 and 53? I know for a fact, from watching athletic games held at this stadium on TV, that that's the entry into the pitch and so there must be a gate right there that's not mentioned on the above diagram. :hmm:

Lastest update on the weather next weekend, thursday gonna be a very rainy and a of bit cooler day due to the rain and strong wind, so anyone arriving from abroad that day be sure to have your raincoats/umbrellas with you!

weatherforcastuntilthurdayevening.jpg

Although the worst of the storm looks like it will be passed over by the time our little get together at the Dubliner!

Oh my goodness, thanks so much for the photo! :wave: Yes, it definitaly looks like parts of U2 stage there, I can see the railing of the bridges on the right hand side truck! :happydance:

Thanks for the info Biggs.
I've got standing tickets for the saturday's show, which will be my first U2 concert. Looking forward to it.:applaud:

Hoping to see the band in Estonia too some day in the future.

Heippa! Thanks for the info! Sure hope the thunderstorms we´ve been havin´ here only 80 km away in Estonia wont affect the show. It´s my first u2 show too and I just can´t wait to be there!

Yes, we've been having a couple of really fierce storms, strong winds, electrical thunder storms, (one that knocked out the intergrated internet card on my laptops mother board a couple of weeks ago!) over the last couple of months, mainly due to the heat wave! :uhoh:

But the heat wave is now officially over and we're back to more normal mid-August temps and the latest weather update is that Friday is gonna be a dry day with temps between 12 - 19 degrees Celsius. (Pe is short for Perjantai i.e. Friday)

weatherforcasttilfridaynight.jpg

Another weather update tomorrow! :wave:

I can't WAIT for next weekend... I've never been this excited for anything before! My first U2 show is just a few days away and on Saturday I'm volunteering for ONE, so if you see a black-haired girl with big wayfarer-styled eyeglasses in a ONE t-sirt, come say hello to me :)

I'd love to come to the afterparty in Dubliners but I don't know if I can since I don't have any place to stay in Helsinki and I don't have any money for a hotel or anything like that... So I'll probably have to head home for the night (I live about 100km from Helsinki) and thus can't make it to the party :/ But you guys have fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom