Are U2 a "white man's" band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg and WTF is the cat about to eat. :uhoh:

An egg. He didn't eat it though.

I've even heard that Transformers also love U2, despite the fact they aren't white.

I hope that isn't a problem.

n512545446_1509337_9587.jpg

Ok... being in the bathroom and all.. wasnt quite sure what that was. :shifty:

Goodness.. this thread has sure taken an interesting turn.

I told you to lock it! :)

Conclusion:

You can be black, silver, a superhero, or even a fuckin' transformer.....

.....and still LOVE U2!

I dunno.. I saw a whole lot of Mexicans in the audience when U2 played, well, Mexico.

I suspect there's a bigger ratio of white North Americans who like U2 than there is of black North Americans who like U2.

I think there are more Japanese U2 fans in Japan than there are white U2 fans in Japan...

But I also think that their music is ultimately universal, as it plays all over the world, in all sorts of countries, across all sorts of demographics, and I couldn't care less about what a U2 listener looks like.

I dunno.. I saw a whole lot of Mexicans in the audience when U2 played, well, Mexico.

I suspect there's a bigger ratio of white North Americans who like U2 than there is of black North Americans who like U2.

I think there are more Japanese U2 fans in Japan than there are white U2 fans in Japan...

But I also think that their music is ultimately universal, as it plays all over the world, in all sorts of countries, across all sorts of demographics, and I couldn't care less about what a U2 listener looks like.

You speak nonsense...

It's a valid question.... the majority of the fanbase seems 2 b white... but hey, I'm a Puerto Rican born in Italy.... can't get more diverse than that!!! :D

:corn:Fantastic Forum!Who cares what race or race ratio is people are at a U2 concert just as long as they play Lemon or Discotheque.LOL.There's even blue fans at a Blue Man Group concert.He's given us Silver Surfer,Superman,and Optiumus Prime,now give us the Hulk and Spiderman.:applaud:

Yes. I think Tiger Woods and Barack Obama are the only two black men to ever listen to U2.

LOL!

is the guy who started this for real? Duh...rock'n'roll bands will draw more whites than blacks It's not racist to point that out, just a fact; just like rap groups and r&b groups will draw mor black crowds. what's the issue here?

this is my best friend...we've been going to U2 shows since Popmart. she's loved the band her whole life and they are her favourite band!! however, despite this photo she's an edge girl! there's something about edge that makes her :drool: !!! so, there's some more proof that there is a diverse and beautiful fan base! :wink:

Attachments

• melbonokim1.jpg
    melbonokim1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 102
Maybe it's that most of the people in Interference are white, I don't know. I know they're huge in South America, and the majority of their fans there are not white. Anyway, I don't think the races of their fans are important, I feel clearly they play for everyone, but they always have a special place for those who are suffering, that's enough for me.

It's a valid question.... the majority of the fanbase seems 2 b white.
Well, the majority of American citizens are white, maybe that's why.

Exactly. South America is another example. People here aren't white but they fill the stadiums and arenas when U2 comes. it's just music, same goes for other forms of entertainment. It's not an ethnic monopoly.

I guess U2 wouldn't have a problem with a black man on a toilet.

3388810746_7830fcb15e_b.jpg

What's Lenny Henry doing in this thread?

Anyways to the original point, I remember much being made in the media at the time about Living Colour being a black rock band, because rock bands were generally skinny white guys. It's the same with women in rock bands I suppose, they're not skinny white guys.

Who cares in truth? Traditionally black people have preferred R and B to rock (a big generalisation I know) so ultimately it means U2s fanbase is more white than that of Kanye West, say. It isn't a problem, it isn't a surprise and there are plenty of exceptions to the rule I'm sure.

U2 is the biggest band in the WORLD and the world is made up of U2 fans around the WORLD. They have fans in every Continent around the world - including Africa.

So I think that U2 have plenty of "non-white" fans.

I don't really know what the purpose was in starting this thread but I found it to be a bit offensive.

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :hug:

White man's band?? White man's band??

What about white women, buster?!! :angry:

:wink:

White man's band?? White man's band??

What about white women, buster?!! :angry:

:wink:

I was about to say that. Anyways, I have been a HUGE U2 fan since I first saw them in Dallas in 1985. I am an American citizen of Indian origin and I have lots of Indian friends and family members who love them equally. I knew one Indian kid who was pulled up on stage on one of the Vertigo shows by Bono during Angel Of Harlem. Not only was he given Bono's acoustic guitar, but he took over Bono's mike and sang the chorus. He was on the Dallas Morning News the next day and was a 15 minute local celebrity. Thought I'd share that funny anecdote.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom