Arcade Fire and U2 onstage together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2BROTHR

Mirror Ball Man 2.0
Just heard from my boy Gabriel that tonight for Montreal 2, Arcade Fire and U2 both ended up on stage near the end and did a Joy Division song together. Can't remember what song he said they did....I think he said "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

WOW! Wish I wuz there....

it was amazing and Crazy like all the montrealers at the montreal concerts!!! U2 are great!

Arcade Fire are awesome...

Love the ottawa/montreal musical scene!!!!

Must've been amazing.

Arcade fire is such a great band, and it's such a great song.

arcadefire.jpg

Ramblin......that's a f*cking sweet picture.....lots of emotion..and sound!

am i the only one who doesn't get a boner at the mention of the arcade fire?

i love wake up and all... but i dunno. twas not impressed when i saw 'em live on letterman... maybe they just had a bad performance that day... i'll investigate further... who wants to send me their album? huh? huh? anyone?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
am i the only one who doesn't get a boner at the mention of the arcade fire?

i love wake up and all... but i dunno. twas not impressed when i saw 'em live on letterman... maybe they just had a bad performance that day... i'll investigate further... who wants to send me their album? huh? huh? anyone?

No. You're not the only one.

fredstab said:
it was amazing and Crazy like all the montrealers at the montreal concerts!!! U2 are great!

Arcade Fire are awesome...

Love the ottawa/montreal musical scene!!!!

Name some more of the Ottawa/Montreal musical scene please!

Over here in Europe we're still waiting on a massive AF tour. But wish I'd been there listening to Love will tear us apart.

Montreal music scene bands to check out (maybe not all montreal, but all connected somehow)

Arcade Fire
Wolf Parade
Stars
Broken Social Scene
Controller Controller (I *think* they're from around here somewhere).

Is that Bono's guitar that Win is playing in that pic?

Arcade Fire? Meh, but EELS - now you're talking about an underrated band!

Wake up is a feckin cracker though - especially the live version with David Bowie on vocals!

Noopie said:
Montreal music scene bands to check out (maybe not all montreal, but all connected somehow)

Arcade Fire
Wolf Parade
Stars
Broken Social Scene
Controller Controller (I *think* they're from around here somewhere).

AND PLEASE don't forget to add to your list : Godpeed you black emperor!!!!!!!!! They're amazing too!

Is that the name of the band? "Godpeed You Black Emperor", or Godpeed the band and "You Black Emperor" the album or something?

I get the feeling that Arcade Fire are a bit too . . . something . . . for some of the U2 fans on the board. A lot of the Canadian bands mentioned above are probably more "indie" that the typical U2 fan deal with on a daily basis.

Having said that, I highly recommend Stars. Great songs and musicianship, and maybe a tad more palatable to folks around here. More approachable than AF, Wolf Parade, and certainly Godspeed...

I found AF pretty approchable after a listen or two. You'll play Wake Up for about a week, then discover Rebellion (Lies), and then later realize that Neighborhood 1 is the best song on the album.

Then you'll be hooked.

Canadiens1160 said:
I found AF pretty approchable after a listen or two. You'll play Wake Up for about a week, then discover Rebellion (Lies), and then later realize that Neighborhood 1 is the best song on the album.

Then you'll be hooked.

I agree. They're much more accessible for U2 fans than some of the other bands mentioned here. And hell yes on Neighbourhood #1. :drool: I'm quite fond of #4 as well. Absolutely beautiful. There are actually very few weak songs on that album.

Back
Top Bottom