Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont mind the odd Arc Fire tune. Some decent stuff. But they are not as special as the critics make them out to be. Typical rubbish from them as they are North American so they must be brilliant. Some songs on The Suburbs sound like Doves - and Doves are a million times better than Arc Fire but will never sell any records or make an appearance on Saturday Night Live

What puts me off Arc Fire is that Win Butler is a religious nut and had a nice pampered lifestyle with his prep school upbringing - no wonder he time to write about complete bollocks. No worries for him if his band fails, he can fall back on his wealthy family. Its all a game for him to make meaningless music, just something to pass the time.

Great musicians are from working class backgrounds (and from British Isles) - Lennon, McCartney, Gallagher, Bono, Weller, Ashcroft, Goodwin, Dean Bradfield, Holder etc

Sydney and Melbourne sideshows, get in.

Stoked. I don't have to go to BDO now. Won't get to see Pearl Jam or Blur, which is bummer but I can live with that because I've seen Pearl Jam and I've still yet to get into Blur.

TV-Breaking-Bad.jpg

Ha, first thing I thought of too.

Arc Fire.

This is why he and inte get along so well. CPlay, RHead...

What puts me off Arc Fire is that Win Butler is a religious nut and had a nice pampered lifestyle with his prep school upbringing - no wonder he time to write about complete bollocks. No worries for him if his band fails, he can fall back on his wealthy family. Its all a game for him to make meaningless music, just something to pass the time. Great musicians are from working class backgrounds (and from British Isles) - Lennon, McCartney, Gallagher, Bono, Weller, Ashcroft, Goodwin, Dean Bradfield, Holder etc
log off

So you're saying that I should have been born near port to have a shot at being a pantheon-level musician?

As an expert on piers, Laz can you confirm this?

So you're saying that I should have been born near port to have a shot at being a pantheon-level musician?

As an expert on piers, Laz can you confirm this?

Yep

Look at all the middle class musicians who have churned out crap

Most of Coldplay's tunes, majority of Radiohead, 100% of Mumford and Sons, most of Pink Floyd, most of Arc Fire, anything Mick Jagger has touched, 99% of Arctic Monkeys - i could go on

Yep

Look at all the middle class musicians who have churned out crap

Most of Coldplay's tunes, majority of Radiohead, 100% of Mumford and Sons, most of Pink Floyd, most of Arc Fire, anything Mick Jagger has touched, 99% of Arctic Monkeys - i could go on

This is a superior list to the working class schlub one tbh

Does this argument cross over into hip-hop, Mad-dawg, or is that too North American?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom