Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, I didn't realize until this album that people considered Arcade Fire's lyrics great.

I think you can find some gems peppered across the catalog, but by and large "not bad but nothing special" sums it up pretty well. Funeral still probably has the most evocative lyrics for me.

Arcade Fire are one brilliant band. Every cafe owner in the world knows what background music to choose as people have their trim flat whites with stevia

Funeral still probably has the most evocative lyrics for me.

Tunnels and Power Out, good Lord.

Win is better when he's painting a picture in the listener's head and allowing them to take meaning from it, rather than ranting about whatever is pissing him off. He got away from storytelling and moved towards pontification, which drained a lot of the poetry out of his writing. Bono has the same problem. The good moments on NLOTH happened when he distanced himself from the topic at hand just enough to say something interesting about it.

Good call. It has some great imagery in the beginning, and some of my favorite verses:

Then we tried to name our babies
But we forgot all the names that
The names we used to know
But sometimes, we remember our bedrooms
And our parent's bedrooms
And the bedrooms of our friends
Then we think of our parents
Well, what ever happened to them?

I don't think he's a very appealing singer, either.

Agreed on this. I think the band would be better served with Regine as a primary vocalist, though Win's voice does work on certain tracks. He's just lacking in versatility.

Jesus, more posts that I originally read as Mad1 posting.

Well hell, they're not both allowed to pop back up on the same day.

TV-Breaking-Bad.jpg

It's one thing to like Oasis and dislike David Bowie. It's quite another to be proud of that insane concept and boasting about it like a dipshit.

To everyone really upset about us asking people to dress up at our shows… please relax. It's super not mandatory. It just makes for a more fun carnival when we are all in it together. So far these have been the best shows we have ever played.
See you soon.
Love,
Arcade Fire

It's one thing to like Oasis and dislike David Bowie. It's quite another to be proud of that insane concept and boasting about it like a dipshit.

Its a great concept. Keeps things cheaper at our end and gives hipsters something to moan about

win win

I could wear that little blue dress you gifted me from your closet! That one's fancier.

But I'm wearing it with sneakers, damn it.

Throw on a tiara and voilà! in compliance with super not mandatory dress code.

Back
Top Bottom