Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't Damon Albarn pretty middle class?

Anyway, MFI, you really should stop.

How about Depeche Mode, MadForIt? They're English and their lead singer has described himself as "a real yob" as a kid.

Hey gang, who here is going to see them in Brooklyn? If you are, were you able to score floor tickets in the pre-sale?

sorry MadForIt for turning your working class hero thesis back to AF.

I am, got my Saturday ticket through the AMEX (Preferred) presale on Monday and, no, GA wasn't even an option, I got a seat ticket.

Michael Jackson is the only great North American artist

original_zps96ee903d.gif

This is friggin hilarious!

Mr. MadForIt, what about CSNY? What about Neil Young, for fuck sake!?

The goddamn Byrds??? CCR?

Anyway...... sorry I'm hijacking the thread as well.

As for Arcade Fire, I have only heard Funeral and Neon Bible. I liked NB much more initially but these days I hardly listen to it. I at least give Funeral a few spins every now and then. For some reason, Rebellion (Lies) took the longest time to grow on me. :der:

The Suburbs (song) is my fave by them and that's not that amazing

Normal Person isnt too shabby, rest of the new album is boarding on unbearable though

Spent the last 3 hours on youtube listening to various tracks and interviews. I tried to give AF a go, but, i'm sorry - they are a steaming pile of crap. Not in the same league as Mumford and Sons- but my word, Neon Bible is one shite album. Thats right, the world needs some hipster kids with nothing better to do than write about the 6 o'clock news. Like their album will make any difference to world events. A bunch of try-hards. Claiming they dont do publicity and turning up on SNL every 5 mins. Joke. And they look retarded at live shows.

Music critics really are a bunch of wankers to claim these guys as something special.

The ticket sales for the Brooklyn shows is weird. They don't seem to be putting GA for sales at all (from the pre-sales and now the general sales). Anyone had a different experience?

The ticket sales for the Brooklyn shows is weird. They don't seem to be putting GA for sales at all (from the pre-sales and now the general sales). Anyone had a different experience?

When I logged on to buy a GA for Ottawa this morning, an option from the dropdown menu was unavailable, so I had to call in. I was told that they are not doing any print-at-home tickets for GA, so all purchases had to be made either in person or by telephone. And that's what I did. I forgot to ask if this was an official policy for that specific ticket provider (it was not Ticketmaster), or perhaps tour wide.

Oh wow, this is weird. Thanks for letting me know. I will call Ticketbastard to check.

Did anyone get GA for Toronto?

I have 100s and don't want GA but a friend of mine struck out and the weird thing is that even on StubHub there isn't a single GA on sale. Did they not make them available? So weird.

I called TM in Toronto and they said that GA were available on their site. Who knows what's going on...

I also struck out on Toronto GAs. Apparently people were able to get them for the arcadefire.com presale. Rilly weird they aren't on the usual scalper sites tho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom