Anyone see Prairie Home Companion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maycocksean

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If you saw this film would you mind giving me a quick review. I'm supposed to go see it with my sister tomorrow. I wasn't planning to see it. . .I used to watch some of the Prairie Home Comp. on cable TV as a kid and I just couldn't get into it. So I wasn't planning to see the film, but lately everyone around me is talking about it. People who saw it are saying it's so wonderful. People who I would never expect to want to see a film like this (i.e. people more inclined to say. . .X Men?) are saying they want to see it. So I'm going, out of curiosity. . .

Anybody know what the big deal is? (Surely it can't be just because Lindsey Lohan is in it, can it? THat's what my sister says).

It's likely a "big deal" film because Robert Altman is the director. I'd really like to see it, but it will likely be a "wait for the DVD" film for me.

Great, great performance from Meryl Streep. That woman can sing something fierce. Kevin Kline was very funny, as were Woody Harrelson and John C. Reilly. Also, Lindsey Lohan proved that when she wants to deliver, she can. Not too easy with all these seasoned veterans around.

I can say that while I was familiar with the radio program, I hadn't really listened to it for any significant period of time, yet I enjoyed the film immensely. A very unique film these days, just slowly nuzzles its way into you, and doesn't hit you over the head.

My mom hasn't seen it yet but has been obsessing about it. She's listened to the Prarie Home Companion for ages. I personally never got into it b/c I don't like Kiellor's voice, and because my mom always forced us to listen to it instead of music or tapes.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
My mom hasn't seen it yet but has been obsessing about it. She's listened to the Prarie Home Companion for ages. I personally never got into it b/c I don't like Kiellor's voice, and because my mom always forced us to listen to it instead of music or tapes.

:lol: I used to HATE when my dad turned it on when I was a little kid.....he had such a droning voice :yawn:

I like to listen to it now because it reminds me of my dad :heart:

Also, I haven't seen the movie yet as it's not playing anywhere near my house :angry: but as soon as it comes nearer, I'll be there! :hyper:

I liked it. Of course, I enjoy the radio show bunches, as well. There's something about Meryl Streep that makes me grind my teeth, but I was surprised at her singing voice in this. I didn't know she could sing. And Lindsey Lohan was not obnoxious in this role, which also surprised me.

Back
Top Bottom