Anyone dissapointed thus far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one thing about this album that I've said before is that this is the catchiest album with hooks in every song. EVERY SONG. IMO no prior album approaches that aspect. Even the slow ambient ones have that aspect. This album actually represents the whole 11 good reasons to go on tour claim.

Please help!!!
I have been away for two days, but a fan for 21 years...I have only heard Original OTS and Are You Gonna Wait 4ever...e-mail me anything you got...Please, I want to hear and share my op!
chipman2@earthlink.net~

kiwilad said:
ZigZag, great post! Achtung Baby is full of non top-10 songs, but as an album it approaches perfection; it has a plot, a structure. Will this album do the same?

In all honesty, I still see the same central character that was present in Achtung Baby. He is still here and he's still fumbling around and trying to answer the questions of life and love that nag at him when he lies awake in bed at night staring at the ceiling cracks. Only this time he's looking inwardly for the answers rather than the glitter and glitz the world holds open in an empty promise. He's turning to himself and the asking about the nature of his own humanity and it's presence in the grand scheme of the eternal.

:heart:

I've only listened once but this is going to germinate into something much more profound now that it's swirling around in my head.

even just OST, please!!! Yikes this is killing this 40 yo man!
Send me to the land of mp3's where you all went...e-mail me my U2 brothren!

starsgoblue said:

:heart:

I've only listened once but this is going to germinate into something much more profound now that it's swirling around in my head.

stars, havent heard much from you today. what do you think of the new album? I had to run laps around my appartment complex to calm down (i really didnt, i was dancing around in my room the last 10 hours_) :wink:

OSC is the only weak song. But still better than POE and Grace.

And how can one be disappointed with an album that has Miracle Drug??? It is on my top 10 already. It's the new With or Without You.

All because of you is MONSTER!!!! SYCMIOYO is BEYOND TREMENDOUS!

Oh my...

Was i wrong about 40 years old not making great records...:huh:

I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
But this thing is amazing, and I've only heard it once.
I cannot understand how someone would think its weak...

I'm gettin' ready to throw a brick threw a window!
With a shout I ask again rescue me an mp3 beofre i become a drowning man!

I feel like hugging random people. I almost danced, cried and screamed today. It's so good. I've gotten those moments when you're floored defenseless by waves of emotion many, many times today. I had this experience for nearly every song. Having to return to normal life in between listens has been pure torture. And its gotten better with every listen! So yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. :wink:

(I like your new avatar, Flying FuManchu.)

elevation said:
Disappointed no way. There´s just one thing: Bono´s voice. I must admit, it sounds too strained too many times... That´s a shame...

Noooo!

It's the best vocals since 87/88!!!

I am only disappointed because of the hype surrounding it. People saying it is their best album and all... I was expecting the most amazing thing on the face of the planet. It is a good album, and it will be even more awesome when it actually comes out lol, but it is no joshua tree... I personally rate their albums like this:

1- joshua tree
2- war
3- unforgettable fire
4- all that you can't leave behind
5- atomic bomb

Let's be realistic... there's no song on atomic bomb that is as good as sunday bloody sunday, pride, or even beautiful day.

The two that have grabbed my attention so far are Love and Peace or Else and Original of the species. I have been listening to them repeatedly. I definitely thought the album would be much harder and faster going by Vertigo, but there's some interesting stuff here. Like many people U2's new music always has to 'grow' on me, which it always does in a big way!

stoven said:
Let's be realistic... there's no song on atomic bomb that is as good as sunday bloody sunday, pride, or even beautiful day.

It's all subjective though. I can think of 100 songs and 25 U2 songs I think are better than those three.

Jono said:
Thanks for replying Rose, but I do not:sad:

OK Jono, I sent you Vertigo......just kidding..lol...I sent you ABOY, I can send you one other song, but I have to go do some work away from home. What do you want?

All I can say at this very early stage of listening is that the last two tracks (Original and Yahweh) are so damn good that they both could be in the first half of the album easy. These are two very big songs! Just love Bono's vocals here. Especially the wailing towards the end of Yahweh. Anyways, before I loose track here, I have not felt this good about the "other half" of a U2 album since AB. The hits are there. Thats not a question. Its the "other half" that makes or breaks an album.

In this case, the "other half" is F'n brilliant on this album. :up:

Rastat said:
I don't have any problem with U2 sounding as U2...

... because they sound as GREAT U2.

Spot on- brilliant and flawed at the same time, esp some of B's lyrics - but that said i wouldn't swap them for any other band !!!!

Only heard 5 songs so far and LPOE is still my fave, but COBL DOES grow, Yaweh is best closer ever , Vertigo had done the RSVP job and SYCMIOYO is still awaiting the jury vote for me- but that's the GREAT thing about U2, they appeal to us all- but for different reasons.

I first heard them in 81, saw them in 82, and STILL love them.

nobody compares

Mike

THANKS ROSE YOU ARE AWESOME!! SYCMIOYO....Goosebump city...Miracle Drug is smooth~AHH This is F'n GREAT!!
Full opinion I feel will take me weeks~

True, it is all subjective... you're right on that. And the album is growing on me, as all U2 does.... So far, blinding lights, vertigo and miracle drug are my favorites.. I actually think city of blinding lights is the best song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom