Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpsons_Donuts-l.jpg

THREAD: Is the War in Iraq Legitimate:

Mrs. Springsteen: [Posts article, no comments]

Infinitum: Yes, it's very legitimate. Saddam needed to be stopped. His weapons had to be disarmed.

Vincent Vega: Uh, did you know there were no weapons?

Infinitum: YES! :lmao: I was being sarcastic! Isn't that hilarious? RON PAUL

Strongbow: Yes, it is legitimate. Resolution 1441 clearly granted the United States the permissable permission to attain the proper amount of congressional, judicial, and executive power in its constitutional federal government to give President Bush the power to wield power in order to defend our country in Iraq. Whether Saddam had WMDs or not was irrelevant, because of Resolution 1441. Whether we should remain in occupation or not is irrelevant, because of Resolution 1441.

Irvine: Resolution 1441 doesn't even have to do with the ability of a country to make this kind of decision.

Strongbow: That's true, but that also ignores the fact that Resolution 1441 grants a country enacting Resolution 1441 the ability to make decisions such as Resolution 1441 permits them to do.

Diamond: Ka-ching.

2816U2: Of course it's legitimate. The liberal media wants you to think it's not legitimate, but it is. We stopped Saddam before he could harm us. It was necessary to do.

BVS: I'm pretty sure the three of you are the anti-Christ ...

deep: resolution 1441

is an interesting resolution

especially
if you look at the context in which it was used

barack obama cannot win the election

BVS: :| ...

Lila64 said:
Would you like to give a speech or something?

: steps up to mike :

: clears throat :

: crowd awaits with rapt attention :

BOOBS.

: crowd erupts in applause as corianderstem leaves stage :

Why is it that Homer Simpson and Cori's boobs have distracted everyone from my FYM epic?

wow. so at 12:10 my drunk friends came home, and you guys made 10 pages of progress.

i was stone cold sober and laughing both with and at them as we imitated people's orgasm noises and then made fun of all our other friends.

indra said:

You had Robert McComb as a teacher? Were you a Triffids fan at the time or did that come later?

How funny, I was just thinking and reading about the Triffids last night. That must have been what pulled me into this thread this evening.

I have a question for the Triffids fans here. There were some Triffids shows (not quite sure what to call them -- can't really be reunions without David McComb can they?) in Sydney earlier this year. Did either of you go to it or get to hear any of the songs, and if so what did you think?

I read a bunch of reviews of the shows (and heard a few songs that were audience taped) and every single review was good to excellent -- I think that was the first time I've read universally good reviews for a concert. Usually someone somewhere thinks something sucked at a gig. It just seemed like everyone did their best to make this extra special.

I got into the Triffids when I found out that Rob had been in a rock band; one of my mates let me listen to a couple of their songs, then I found out that Born Sandy Devotional was being rereleased, so I went and bought it.

I really, really wish I'd had the chance to go to those concerts, despite them being in Sydney and all.

Varitek said:
wow. so at 12:10 my drunk friends came home, and you guys made 10 pages of progress.

i was stone cold sober and laughing both with and at them as we imitated people's orgasm noises and then made fun of all our other friends.

We did the same.

And by that I mean, "We made fun of most Interference members."

phillyfan26 said:
Why is it that Homer Simpson and Cori's boobs have distracted everyone from my FYM epic?

Because your FYM epic just had too much SuperWin and we're awaiting a sequel.

Instead, I'll do my own.

Axver: [ANZAC Day post.]

Earnie Shavers: [Interesting paragraph.]

Various Kiwi and Aussie posters: .

Various other Kiwi and Aussie posters: Lest we forget.

financeguy: But what about the Aborigines who fought for their land? Beds are burning.

Kiwi and Aussie posters: Fuck off, don't turn this remembrance thread into an argument.

financeguy: But what about the Aborigines?

Kiwi and Aussie posters: :headdesk:

major_panic said:

I got into the Triffids when I found out that Rob had been in a rock band; one of my mates let me listen to a couple of their songs, then I found out that Born Sandy Devotional was being rereleased, so I went and bought it.

I really, really wish I'd had the chance to go to those concerts, despite them being in Sydney and all.

I got into The Triffids via that SBS documentary last year on Born Sandy Devotional. I wish I'd known about those Sydney gigs. :(

Ya'll will just have to take my word for it. :wink:

I just saw this blurb on Yahoo:

The History Channel changes its name to just "History."

Yeah, "The" and "Channel" really made things so confusing. Thank god they simplified it.

major_panic said:
You just can tell that it's a public holiday, can't you? All of a sudden so many people are posting here...

:lol:

I hate how ALL of this year's public holidays are either 1. during uni holidays, 2. during exam block, 3. on Fridays (I have no Friday classes), or 4. not observed by the uni. So I actually don't get any days off that I wouldn't ordinarily get off anyway.

I wish I had tomorrow off. :grumpy:

It had better not be a crazy-ass day, either. Today was highly annoying.

PFan, why do I get the feeling that you have a great ulterior motive in tempting ImOuttaControl to skew the voting for HTDAAB?

corianderstem said:
Ya'll will just have to take my word for it. :wink:

I just saw this blurb on Yahoo:

The History Channel changes it's name to just "History."

Yeah, "The" and "Channel" really made things so confusing. Thank god they simplified it.

FINALLY! I've been wondering where i could find a channel about History.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom