Anti-Leak Program ( Conspiracy Content )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interference should start a bunch of 1000+ post topics of how the leaked album is a fake. Then the media could get a wind of it.....wow, it would make a great hoax.

Interference should start a bunch of 1000+ post topics of how the leaked album is a fake. Then the media could get a wind of it.....wow, it would make a great hoax.

The detials of the storyline could be something like..."Universal Music Australia" is really a front for a bunch of credit card pirates. Everybody who purchased should check their credit card statements for fraudulent charges. Oh, and by the way, the music you've heard isn't the real album. The pirates got their hands on demo copies of the songs and posted them for sale. Etc, etc.

:lol:

I agree that some of the leak may be calculated, but not having the actual album is pretty laughable...

The stone is semi precious.. :wink:

Do you guys think Fake Edge played on Fake NLOTH? It would be almost poetic...
Seriously, though, if this is true, I'm keeping the fake album on my iPod and renaming it "Faux Line On The Horizon."
Fake MOS = :drool::drool::drool:

Glad I burned a copy last week.. :hyper:

There are certain tactics that large organizations need to take to get around piracy. Some of them will be totally out of the box. Look at the disclosures on the vendor sites—some might not be there any more.
Also ppl are forgetting that the major form of distribution isn't even on a flippin' physical object anymore.

you're stretching it.. :lol:

Laughable, but certainly out of the box plausible.

Ok, I'll go along. :lol:

Why would anyone change a masterpiece at this point? It's ludicrous.

:up:

The detials of the storyline could be something like..."Universal Music Australia" is really a front for a bunch of credit card pirates. Everybody who purchased should check their credit card statements for fraudulent charges. Oh, and by the way, the music you've heard isn't the real album. The pirates got their hands on demo copies of the songs and posted them for sale. Etc, etc.

and that hasn't happened. :ohmy:

The album we all have is not NLOTH. As of 3 weeks ago the only sure thing were the track selections. As of 4 days ago what versions ( there are alot ) goto print was TBA. What U2 did last week was a smart, coordinated maneuver to circumvent privacy in this modern age, as well as work in a few days of media review and hardcore fan beta testing.

Ben Folds has already pulled off the whole fake album leak thing, though he didn't actually get people to pay for the leaked fake tracks.

CANOE -- JAM! Music: Ben Folds gets back to normal

I'm not sure if this concept would be 'pure genius' or 'incredibly confusing'. Think about it...the same album in two different versions...:scratch:

I'm not saying it couldn't work, but it'd be like releasing a free album of demos before releasing the final product...:ohmy:...and doesn't that sort of just seem strange? I mean the leaked "Salome" tapes are one thing, unauthorized recordings leaked to the public, and more or less ideas and songs in pure demo form. However to release mostly complete songs as a disguise to stave off a leak...just doesn't seem plausible to me...maybe I'm not seeing something here...I dunno, just seems kinda dumb thing to do...:shrug:

this scenario while some will laugh is very possible. certain things are coming back to me such as edge saying " album of 2 halves" could mean the sequencing or a leaked digital version and by digital i mean for hardcore fans who want 2 versions.

also u2 have done a great job of making sure that alt versions in the past (htdaab) ie native son, xanax not only get leaked but talked about. In fact at this point U2 let us in on the early skecthes of songs to the finished product - yet still most of us dont really study the alt versions to see the link to the final song.

So, they have created a discussion about alt verions in the fan universe that since the last album and atyclb (always - start of bd) have now existed for alomst 10 years - we are ready for a stunt like this. most of you like me are probably begging for this to be true regardless of how great you think this version is. This leak would always be "our" album.

i dont doubt these guys esp bono, i wont forget he went from calling the white house and not getting connected to sitting with US officials at the WEC in Davos - dont like this side of him but it proves a point.

If anyone could pull this off it would be U2.

I actually hope this is the truth, why?

I get more content. Most people cant get enough in the internet age.

This would be the fitting media and digital manipulation that U2 predicted and pointed to possible in the tech age when they had that big tour back in 92-93 what was that called again? oh yeah - ZOOTV.

If everything I know is wrong then please give me an extra version of this stellar album.

and obv i want to chirp in that UC is unreal.

Dont count on this being real.

But if we get a second album out of it....mmm would be cool lol

Fun, fun thread!! Highly doubt it's true, but OMG would that be cool if it happened.
We'd all be in this forum one week from now, going WTF :hmm:????!!!

I was hoping they'd do this when I first heard the bomb after it leaked.:reject:

I hope Boots gets replaced by something better, then.

I hope on March 2nd there's some kind of "YOU GOT PUNK'D" announcement on U2.com too.

Back
Top Bottom