Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, he wears the rose coloured in the US version.
those looked awesome on him.

610 are much nicer than 611 in my opinion, 611 are too large for my face but 610 are perfect

Totally agree. 611s, to me, are too big for regular wear. 610s are just right. Very similar scenario with the Mikli 3214s (too big) & 3244s (just right).

Just my my opinion.

Ah, I prefer not to remember the existance of that entire video. :wink:

I am not sure that the glasses in the US video are 610 in Pink or purple. In fact, when you look closely at the vid they really seem red ! And if my memories are good one of us on the forum as 611 in red with B clips offert by Bono next to a radio show...
So maybe they are really red 610...

So my personnal collection will count two more models, thanks to Moreno and Nathan. I am waiting for a pair of 611 in Blue 103 and for a pair of Miu Miu 51C in Pink and silver.
About the Bulgari, I was wondering about the 102 or the 103 color. In fact, I own the 519 in Blue 102 and the Flash Grey and they also have 102 as color code. The difference is in the global code :
- Blue 519 : color code 102/7C
- Flash Grey 519 : color code 102/Y6
- Purple 611 : color code 102/76
- Citrus 611 : color code 101

And it seems that the 611 I will get from Italy are 611 color code 103... For the other owners of 519, 610 and 611 of the forum can you list the color codes of the models you have so we can have a good idea of what color codes are really available on these models ?
:wave:

Hope this will work, below the pics of my collection :

I am currently waiting for two more pairs :
- 611 in blue 103
- Miu Miu 51C in Pink

:wave:

WOW - that collection might be even better than mine :O
:wink: Thank you Nathan...

Some models are still missing to be absolutly perfect :
- Diesel K-Mart
- Mikli 3214 in Orange and in Yellow Glasses
- 1535 in Red/Pink :cute:
- Gigli 191 in Green
- Gigli 226 in Blue
- 611 in Red if they exist ?:doh:
- 8025 in black matt arms
- And maybe real Fly Shades... But this last model is just for the expo and not to be wear so...
Because I do wear most of them often.

The other point is that most of the missing models are impossible to find like the K-Mart, or the 191 in green... Others are too expensive like the 3214 in Orange that is the reason why I did not try my chance when they were on ebay last year.

And do not worry Nathan, some of you on this forum are really Jedi Master of Bono's sunglasses compared to me :wave:

- Diesel K-Mart
- Gigli 191 in Green
- Gigli 226 in Blue
- And maybe real Fly Shades... But this last model is just for the expo and not to be wear so...

The other point is that most of the missing models are impossible to find like the K-Mart, or the 191 in green... Others are too expensive like the 3214 in Orange that is the reason why I did not try my chance when they were on ebay last year.

And do not worry Nathan, some of you on this forum are really Jedi Master of Bono's sunglasses compared to me :wave:

You already have 611 in red, since you got the "pink" ones. The fact that they appear SO red in videos like the US stuck in a moment is just because of lighting. :wink:

Hi guys
i'm Matteo an Italian maniac fanboy of Bono and his Shades, cause i'm not very good in english i only read everyday this forum but i doesn't post cause i think that my english is ridicolous!

I post everyday in u2place.com cause it's an italian forum, i'm teobonovox!

today i post here cause I wanna sell my ORIGINAL FLY SUNGLASSES 1993 ORIGINAL U2 PRODUCT MADE IN IRELAND never weared.

here we are the sunglasses:

img2217lw.jpg

img2221y.jpg

img2223g.jpg

for any INFO for the price or the shipping i'm Matteo and my mail is
matteo.rigo@email.it

sorry for my english and...viva BONO!

- Diesel K-Mart
- Gigli 191 in Green
- Gigli 226 in Blue

Hi there!

Wow that is a cool collection and nicely displayed!
I`ve got mine on a shelf in my spare room but all still in the cases, lol! When i`m in the mood to wear a certain pair i grab them and put them in my car!
I`ve got most of his glasses from the different era`s, but mainly just in one colour (some in a couple of colours, such as Mikli`s and Armani 9285`s)
I`ve actually got the black Mikli 3214`s with orange lenses (Popmart, Mexico City) as well as Gigli`s in green (Walk On video) and just the other day, Bvlgari 8025`s with Matte Black arms and light grey lenses (U2 360 current legs)
I got the latter from United Shades, who are such a pleasure to deal with. As i first got them with a scratched case, so they sent me another one totally free (including shipping)

It was so by chance that i found the Mikli`s and a cool little story...

Shortly after the Popmart tour here in Melbourne, Australia i wandered into a shop called Eyeworks, where i had purchased my Cutler and Gross sunnies, and i spotted the Mikli`s with orange arms and orange lenses and recognized them straight away.
Anyway after purchasing them i asked the guy if they could order other colours (as i wanted the black/orange ones) and they did. He said that when U2 were in Melbourne someone from their employ were recommended to go to this particular shop to get some of Bono`s pairs fixed, so he said while they were in the store being fixed he wrote down the model numbers, and so that`s why they had them! it was just by chance that i walked into the shop for no particular reason that day and found them!
The Gigli`s, he (same store) had never seen or sold them before so i took in a picture of them and he actually organized the sales rep` from Gigli to meet me there one day and they let me choose the style and colour i wanted, which was great!
So i got my Cutler`s, Mikli`s and Bvlgari (519`s) all there. As you would know, most of his glasses from HTDAAB era till now have been far more easier to find!
I love my collection though and could never think of parting with any of them.

Actrually, can you help me...did Bono ever wear the brownie/orangie type Bvlgari 519`s, as that`s the colour i have. The picture i gave the store was a bit unclear, and the Electrical Storm video is almost black and white, so it`s hard to tell from that too. I was pretty sure this was the colour though. Did i get the right ones? Still unsure to this day...he he!

Hope i haven`t bored you with my stories! And nice to see other obsessed U2 fans!!

Cheers,
Mikie.

Hi there!

I`ve got mine on a shelf in my spare room but all still in the cases, lol! When i`m in the mood to wear a certain pair i grab them and put them in my car!
I`ve got most of his glasses from the different era`s, but mainly just in one colour (some in a couple of colours, such as Mikli`s and Armani 9285`s)
I`ve actually got the black Mikli 3214`s with orange lenses (Popmart, Mexico City) as well as Gigli`s in green (Walk On video) and just the other day, Bvlgari 8025`s with Matte Black arms and light grey lenses (U2 360 current legs)
I got the latter from United Shades, who are such a pleasure to deal with. As i first got them with a scratched case, so they sent me another one totally free (including shipping)

It was so by chance that i found the Mikli`s and a cool little story...

Shortly after the Popmart tour here in Melbourne, Australia i wandered into a shop called Eyeworks, where i had purchased my Cutler and Gross sunnies, and i spotted the Mikli`s with orange arms and orange lenses and recognized them straight away.
Anyway after purchasing them i asked the guy if they could order other colours (as i wanted the black/orange ones) and they did. He said that when U2 were in Melbourne someone from their employ were recommended to go to this particular shop to get some of Bono`s pairs fixed, so he said while they were in the store being fixed he wrote down the model numbers, and so that`s why they had them! it was just by chance that i walked into the shop for no particular reason that day and found them!
The Gigli`s, he (same store) had never seen or sold them before so i took in a picture of them and he actually organized the sales rep` from Gigli to meet me there one day and they let me choose the style and colour i wanted, which was great!
So i got my Cutler`s, Mikli`s and Bvlgari (519`s) all there. As you would know, most of his glasses from HTDAAB era till now have been far more easier to find!

Actrually, can you help me...did Bono ever wear the brownie/orangie type Bvlgari 519`s, as that`s the colour i have. The picture i gave the store was a bit unclear, and the Electrical Storm video is almost black and white, so it`s hard to tell from that too. I was pretty sure this was the colour though. Did i get the right ones? Still unsure to this day...he he!

Hope i haven`t bored you with my stories! And nice to see other obsessed U2 fans!!

Cheers,
Mikie.

Please can you post pics of your Mikli's with black arms and orange lenses. I have never seen them before apart from on Bono. Also Bono did wear the brown 519, I have seen pics - I'm sure Moonwalker will have some ;)

Please can you post pics of your Mikli's with black arms and orange lenses. I have never seen them before apart from on Bono. Also Bono did wear the brown 519, I have seen pics - I'm sure Moonwalker will have some ;)

yes here are some pics with the brown 519 :
bono1132.jpg

bono1131.jpg

bono1057.jpg

bono1056.jpg

bono0806.jpg

I think I would actually swap my 1535's for Mikli's with orange lenses and black arms :O!

Great pics of the Brown 519 Moonwalker - do u have any of the 519 green which I bought from you? Lime the brown, he didn't wear them much but they are so cool! I love the black clip, so dynamic :)

Hi there!

I`ve actually got the black Mikli 3214`s with orange lenses (Popmart, Mexico City) as well as Gigli`s in green (Walk On video) and just the other day, Bvlgari 8025`s with Matte Black arms and light grey lentes

Actrually, can you help me...did Bono ever wear the brownie/orangie type Bvlgari 519`s, as that`s the colour i have. The picture i gave the store was a bit unclear, and the Electrical Storm video is almost black and white, so it`s hard to tell from that too. I was pretty sure this was the colour though. Did i get the right ones? Still unsure to

PICS PLEASE !!!!!!

611 blue 103

Hello everyone, I have just received my 611 in dark blue 103. I think that they are the model Bono wears in the Élévation vid when he plays bad Bono... They look almost black... That's amazing...

Hello everyone, I have just received my 611 in dark blue 103. I think that they are the model Bono wears in the Élévation vid when he plays bad Bono... They look almost black... That's amazing...

I think Bad Bono wears the Green 611 in that video as the clip is black. I have green 519 and they are almost black when worn.

Could you post some pics Mathieu? :applaud:

By the way, anyone have pics of Bono wearing bvlgari 610 rubí?
(this is the last pair of my collection ... :drool:)
Thank you moonwalker_13 :sexywink:

Miklis 3214 or 3244

Anyone would sell or trade one of these ??
Please send me a PM :sexywink:

I think Bad Bono wears the Green 611 in that video as the clip is black. I have green 519 and they are almost black when worn.

I am not so sure Nathan because on my 611 color 103 the clip is silver but a darker version. It's deep grey silver. The other point is that I have wore them all the week-end in the South of France and the weather was higly sunny : and the glasses looked almost black on me...

:D:D
Another pair of EA9285 is running with daddy :hug:
They are model K1J/NA the dark ones... and very, very cheap :hyper:
I feel very lucky these days ...

Hello, it's me again :wave:
I'm looking for a pair of Miu Miu by Prada 51c too:D ...
Anyone sell?
:hmm::hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom